Worried about? Sammy edition...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Worried about? Sammy edition...

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 pm

I think you're reading too much into that play. When I watch it, I see Watkins trying to slow down just a bit to make a one-handed catch, keep his momentum and still be able to continue upfield. I'm sure it can be viewed many different ways, that's just the vibe I get when I watch it.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Watkins has now been for the past 5 weeks a low end WR2 (23-24). And thats with 22 targets in 5 games (54th most for a WR).

For last 4 weeks, he moves up to 21 - 20 targets in 4 games (50th most for WR in that period).

For last 2 weeks (ie the weeks without Woods) he moves up to 14th - 13 targets in 2 games (33rd most).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

JBurn244
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JBurn244 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Looking like Woods is supposed to miss another game, so I'm probably firing him up for the first week of the playoffs. Feels a little risky, but if he blows up he could be a week winner.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm Watkins has now been for the past 5 weeks a low end WR2 (23-24). And thats with 22 targets in 5 games (54th most for a WR).

For last 4 weeks, he moves up to 21 - 20 targets in 4 games (50th most for WR in that period).

For last 2 weeks (ie the weeks without Woods) he moves up to 14th - 13 targets in 2 games (33rd most).
Woods absence has confirmed to me that Watkins low numbers are definitely a result of scheme and Goff not being comfortable targeting him a lot. Watkins has been super-efficient on the low volume of targets he's received. That's impressive when you consider that he's facing the opponent's best DB and not getting many plays to get him in rhythm. Woods and Kupp are typically facing weak DB's and feasting.

Free agency will be interesting. Watkins is looking like he's capable of putting up big numbers if he's given the volume and there will be teams looking for a top WR.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm Watkins has now been for the past 5 weeks a low end WR2 (23-24). And thats with 22 targets in 5 games (54th most for a WR).

Woods absence has confirmed to me that Watkins low numbers are definitely a result of scheme and Goff not being comfortable targeting him a lot. Watkins has been super-efficient on the low volume of targets he's received. That's impressive when you consider that he's facing the opponent's best DB and not getting many plays to get him in rhythm. Woods and Kupp are typically facing weak DB's and feasting.

Free agency will be interesting. Watkins is looking like he's capable of putting up big numbers if he's given the volume and there will be teams looking for a top WR.
Exactly. While owning him has been very frustrating this season, and of course I've been worried about owning him in redraft leagues, I'm extremely happy with his performance this year looking forward.

He has shown off his talent with every opportunity he's been given.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Exactly. While owning him has been very frustrating this season, and of course I've been worried about owning him in redraft leagues, I'm extremely happy with his performance this year looking forward.

He has shown off his talent with every opportunity he's been given.
Packers could save 9.5M in cap space by cutting Cobb. How much more does it cost to sign Sammy? :think: A man can dream...

Edit: Also an additional 10.25M if they cut Jordy. And I realize they also need to re-sign Adams.
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

Don't stop believing...
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

cweds wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am
Packers could save 9.5M in cap space by cutting Cobb. How much more does it cost to sign Sammy? :think: A man can dream...

Edit: Also an additional 10.25M if they cut Jordy. And I realize they also need to re-sign Adams.
Ted Thompson usually doesn't spend big on other team's WR's, especially if he needs to lock up his own in Adams.

It's always hard predicting WR destinations, but there should be a lot of interest in Watkins. I don't think there's a possibility the Rams franchise him when they haven't used him much.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Ted Thompson usually doesn't spend big on other team's WR's, especially if he needs to lock up his own in Adams.

It's always hard predicting WR destinations, but there should be a lot of interest in Watkins. I don't think there's a possibility the Rams franchise him when they haven't used him much.
Of course this is mostly coming from me being a diehard Colts fan, and a diehard fantasy nerd, BUT... Watkins to the Colts would actually make a fair amount of football sense.

Luck will (most likely) be back and looking to sling it 600+ times next year, and other than Hilton and Doyle, ain't nobody to throw it to!

Watkins in a Colts uniform would be exactly what I and lots of others were hoping Crief could be: the big, fast, hyper-athletic WR who can be a chain mover when you need it, the deep threat when you need it, and the primary red zone weapon when you need that.

Luck isn't a "ball-spreader" like Goff, Cousins, or Brady. He could easily support Hilton and a 2nd WR as high end WR2s each.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Of course this is mostly coming from me being a diehard Colts fan, and a diehard fantasy nerd, BUT... Watkins to the Colts would actually make a fair amount of football sense.

Luck will (most likely) be back and looking to sling it 600+ times next year, and other than Hilton and Doyle, ain't nobody to throw it to!

Watkins in a Colts uniform would be exactly what I and lots of others were hoping Crief could be: the big, fast, hyper-athletic WR who can be a chain mover when you need it, the deep threat when you need it, and the primary red zone weapon when you need that.

Luck isn't a "ball-spreader" like Goff, Cousins, or Brady. He could easily support Hilton and a 2nd WR as high end WR2s each.
my god i hadn't thought about that. a healthy Luck and Sammy on the colts would have me drooling at owning both Hilton and Watkins.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Longer read but good look at his attitude change between Buffalo and LA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... rack-in-la

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm Longer read but good look at his attitude change between Buffalo and LA

Thanks for sharing that!
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm Longer read but good look at his attitude change between Buffalo and LA

tl;dr Watkins says he no longer cares about stats, just team success (wins). Sounds like he won't be good in fantasy then /s
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm

tl;dr Watkins says he no longer cares about stats, just team success (wins). Sounds like he won't be good in fantasy then /s
We'll know for sure during the off-season if he decides to stay with a contender or go after the money (assuming he doesn't get tagged).

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pmWe'll know for sure during the off-season if he decides to stay with a contender or go after the money (assuming he doesn't get tagged).
Disagree with the general premise here. He cares about wins for whatever team he plays on. He will go to the team that he thinks will give him the highest long-term earnings.