Worried about? Sammy edition...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dazza
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Worried about? Sammy edition...

Postby dazza » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:56 am

Traded a late first for him in one league preseason, and DThom in another. Felt great about both.

A week later he was on the Rams, and I was sad.

Then the Rams offense blows up. Goff looks like an actual NFL talent. I think, 'Man, when they build chemistry, this is even better!'. Happy again.

Week 3 happens... HERE WE GO!!!!!

Week 4... TWO !*@&#^$#! TARGETS???

Week 5-11... &#^$ Goff. #&#@ McVay. #*@% the Rams

Here we are in week 12, and its taken a Robert Woods injury to give me any hope for targets/chemistry development this year. ROBERT @*#&$%$ WOODS!!!

Still a big believer in the talent, but if he doesn't get more targets he needs sign somewhere else next year. And for the record, if he signed with GB and got to play with Rodgers I would wet myself with excitement
Team 1 (10 Team .5 PPR Roster=25)
1-2 QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 4 IDP
QB: ARod, Jameis, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes
WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Baldwin, Watkins, C Davis, JJSS, JGord
RB: DJ, Zeke, Howard, Kamara, Mixon, Henry
TE: Graham, Howard
IDP: Deion Jones, Martinez, Shazier, R Foster

Team 2 (10 Team .5 PPR Roster=25)
1-2 QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 4 IDP
QB: Wentz, Eli, Trubisky, Mahomes, Gabbert
WR: AB, Watkins, E Sanders, C Davis, M Williams, Doctson, JGord
RB: DJ, Le'Bell, Howard, Mack, Jones
TE: Kelce, Howard
IDP: DeJo, L Collins, R Foster, Ragland

Team 3 (12 Team .5 PPR Roster=26)
QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 2 CB, 2DE, 2LB
QB: Wentz, Mahomes
WR: Jordy, Keenan, M. Jones, C Davis, M Williams, Kupp, C Coleman
RB: Cook, Ingram, Kamara, Abdullah, Woodhead, Burkhead, D'Onta, Drake, Booker
TE: Kelce, Evan Engram
IDP: DL Mack, Clowney DB Hyde, Ha Ha LB DeJo, R Foster (start 2 each)

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Really nice to see him get featured today. Goff looked for him a TON downfield and in the red zone. Would've liked to see him be able to snag that one that became an INT, but it was a terrible throw. A good pass would've been a TD.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am I THINK we could see a big game from Sammy this week. Woods is out. Lattimore, the Saints' shutdown CB, is supposedly out. Watkins has been incredibly efficient with any targets he's gotten, so if he gets 6+ targets (which he really almost has to get if Woods misses the game), I don't see him NOT catching 4+ balls for 50+ yards and maybe he catches 7 for 100 and a touch??
You would think so, but they're probably going to use him as a decoy and feed Kupp and the other not-as-good WR or TE that fills Woods role.
Good luck beating the Saints by feeding Kupp and Josh Reynolds, or Kupp and Higbee. If they want to move the ball, they will have to give Sammy some work.
And as it turns out, all 4 got some nice work!
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Life does come at you fast!

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm

It's amazing what happens when Sammy gets more than 5 targets

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Nice game, and even better for real football if you add in his 60+ yards of DPI.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 am

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, Sammy doesn't look like he's running right. The INT was the perfect example of this - granted it was a bad throw by Goff - but Sammy had time to quickly plant his left (upfield) foot in the grass to completely stop his momentum and come back for what likely would have been an easy catch. But instead, he just slowed down gingerly and lazily reached back for the pass, leading to the bad bounce INT. To me, either his foot / ankle is not the same and he knows he can't cut on a dime, or he's playing not to get hurt.

He's still pretty talented, but it looks like he's running with weights around his ankles - anyone else notice that?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm Really nice to see him get featured today. Goff looked for him a TON downfield and in the red zone. Would've liked to see him be able to snag that one that became an INT, but it was a terrible throw. A good pass would've been a TD.
This has been the primary problem with regards to Sammy. He's got an elite skill set. Anyone not seeing it...well, I'm not sure who they are watching out there. But Goff just doesn't have an accurate deep ball. It's why he is relying so much on Kupp. For the long term, I am hopeful that either a) Sammy leaves or b) the 2018 off season Goff spends all his time on his deep ball accuracy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 am

skip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm Really nice to see him get featured today. Goff looked for him a TON downfield and in the red zone. Would've liked to see him be able to snag that one that became an INT, but it was a terrible throw. A good pass would've been a TD.
This has been the primary problem with regards to Sammy. He's got an elite skill set. Anyone not seeing it...well, I'm not sure who they are watching out there. But Goff just doesn't have an accurate deep ball. It's why he is relying so much on Kupp. For the long term, I am hopeful that either a) Sammy leaves or b) the 2018 off season Goff spends all his time on his deep ball accuracy.
It's not just the deep balls, Cian Fahey (he does a ton of QB charting) was going over his throws from the game yesterday and he finished with 25 accurate throws and 15 inaccurate throws. I couldn't watch the entire game but there was one pass to Kupp on an out route just past the 1st down marker and he threw it way high and behind Kupp even though it shouldve been an easy 1st down since Kupp got inside the DB. Kupp still got it and got the 1st down but that was only because he contorted himself around and backwards to make the grab, was a horrendous throw by Goff.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Watkins looked good/still has potential, but important to note that NO was without their two starting CBs against LAR.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:21 pm Watkins looked good/still has potential, but important to note that NO was without their two starting CBs against LAR.
For sure, and that's why I was so high on him this week - but it's very encouraging to know that he did what we want a stud to do. He took advantage of targets and a good matchup.

I still absolutely stick to what I've been saying all season. What we are seeing from Watkins this year is an anomaly in the NFL. He is playing very well, and with great efficiency. Players that good don't stay unused forever. We just get caught up in recency bias because football (by nature) deals in extremely small sample sizes. Remember when Fitzgerald was absolutely unplayable for like 2 full seasons? And then he's been on a tear of WR1/2 seasons again for the past 3 years.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Anybody listen to the Hansen podcast with Greg Cosell? They brought up Watkins, and Cosell said it's not Watkins, it's Goff not being comfortable yet with his backside reads (I kinda get what the point, I think, just trying to paraphrase what was said, not speak as an authority on these technical concepts), something a lot of young QB's struggle with early on. Cosell said that Goff is basically working in an offense where Woods, Kupp etc line up opposite Watkins who consistently runs backside routes, and that Goff isn't looking in that direction much at all because he's just not comfortable yet doing that. Said it's common w/young QB's. Said that looking at the tape, Watkins is pretty much always open, even against the absurd CB's he's had to line up against this year (apparently really tough CB schedule for him).

This makes me feel better. I already owned Watkins on a pair of teams, and traded for him in another league this past offseason and was feeling quite frustrated. While maybe this is just tape talk, it makes me feel more comfortable with Watkins being in St. Louis. Don't have a major issue with him leaving if he does via FA as long as it's to a good situation, but if Cosell is right, I get the sense Watkins would probably start producing at some point in '19 more consistently as Goff gets more comfortable going through his progressions.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 am I don't know about anyone else, but to me, Sammy doesn't look like he's running right. The INT was the perfect example of this - granted it was a bad throw by Goff - but Sammy had time to quickly plant his left (upfield) foot in the grass to completely stop his momentum and come back for what likely would have been an easy catch. But instead, he just slowed down gingerly and lazily reached back for the pass, leading to the bad bounce INT. To me, either his foot / ankle is not the same and he knows he can't cut on a dime, or he's playing not to get hurt.

He's still pretty talented, but it looks like he's running with weights around his ankles - anyone else notice that?
There was no way Watkins could have caught that ball. He had Williams beat, but Goff underthrew by a lot. Watkins was basically trying to slow down to come back to the ball while running at top speed, which is impossible to do. His mistake wasn't not catching the ball, it was trying to make a play on the ball. Williams wouldn't have caught it if Watkins didn't try to make a play with one hand. The most Watkins could have done was a half effort because of the underthrow.

Watkins looked good otherwise. I haven't seen any problems with his feet or ankles. He's made some great cuts in his routes this year, but hasn't had the volume for people to see it.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

haha, you guys are hilarious. goff is making great throws. so one or two are off, he's a second year qb.

these nerds going over tape will see the same things about every qb. all of them make bad throws during a game. anybody watch brees yesterday? they're not throwing against air, there are players on the other side running towards them and trying to crush them with dbs shadowing the wrs.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm .

haha, you guys are hilarious. goff is making great throws. so one or two are off, he's a second year qb.

these nerds going over tape will see the same things about every qb. all of them make bad throws during a game. anybody watch brees yesterday? they're not throwing against air, there are players on the other side running towards them and trying to crush them with dbs shadowing the wrs.

Uh actually in that last game (the one where the opposing team's top two DBs were out) 15 out of his 40 throws were inaccurate, so there's that. Not saying he isn't playing well but don't act like he's not making his fair share of mistakes.

Also did you really just come onto a fantasy football forum to call someone else a nerd?
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1