Worried about? Sammy edition...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Worried about? Sammy edition...

Postby Oddball456 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm
Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm Longer read but good look at his attitude change between Buffalo and LA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... rack-in-la
tl;dr Watkins says he no longer cares about stats, just team success (wins). Sounds like he won't be good in fantasy then /s
That is kinda what I got out of the article as well, and the fact that Goff has to tell him about the plays in the huddle sometimes is a little worrisome.

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 am

Oddball456 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:08 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm
Oddball456 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm Longer read but good look at his attitude change between Buffalo and LA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... rack-in-la
tl;dr Watkins says he no longer cares about stats, just team success (wins). Sounds like he won't be good in fantasy then /s
That is kinda what I got out of the article as well, and the fact that Goff has to tell him about the plays in the huddle sometimes is a little worrisome.
I think there's reason to be optimistic (WARNING- BIASED SAMMY OWNER OPINION INCOMING). It seems like he has plenty of room to grow in that offense and with Goff (remember, he only had a few week of training camp to learn the system. If you were Goff, how confident would you be trusting a WR you just explained the play to?

The fact that he looks great and has his head in the right place makes me hopeful for next season. Maybe he won't be the target hog WR1 we all hoped for, but I'm optimistic he'll eventually become a weekly fantasy starter.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:37 am

Good read
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am

I never quite got the "chemistry" argument, there are definitely cases where it's quite evident as a positive, AB/Ben, Jordy/ARodg, Baldwin/Wilson but I think that it gets a bit overrated as a negative (as in not having it), especially when it's 13+ weeks into the season. I can understand it if it's a situation like Kelvin Benjamin where he got traded mid season and then got hurt and couldn't practice but when a guy gets traded halfway through training camp and has a couple solid weeks of practice + 13 games so far this year that he's played with his new QB I just don't get how they wouldn't have a feel for each other yet, even more so given that it's not like Woods had years to spend with Goff. Kupp I could kind of understand because he roomed with Goff and spent a ton of time basically forcing a chemistry between them and clearly the kid has a great mind for football but that's about it.

Honestly I think the reason Watkins hasn't seen a ton of targets so far this year is because that's how they want to run their offense. Given all the stuff that has come out about McVay and Goff and how Goff is basically being told what to do every play as far as reads and audibles go I don't think it's an issue with the Goff-Watkins connection and it's more McVay wanting to run a conservative short-mid range offense that spreads the ball around the same way he did in Washington. Assuming Watkins stays on the Rams (I doubt they let him walk, even in a reduced role he's part of what they want to do and so far it's working very well) I don't think there's gonna be a huge jump in production between this year and next unless one of either Kupp/Woods gets hurt.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 am

Sammy owners- are we hoping he stays with the Rams or moves on to another team?

I'm hoping he he moves to another team as I still think he can be the #1 WR on a NFL team and a FF WR1. If he can be a #1 with Tyrod throwing to him I think it is worth rolling the dice that his value will go up if he is signed by another team. With the Rams I think he will continue to be JAG in that system.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 pm

dmac37 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 am Sammy owners- are we hoping he stays with the Rams or moves on to another team?

I'm hoping he he moves to another team as I still think he can be the #1 WR on a NFL team and a FF WR1. If he can be a #1 with Tyrod throwing to him I think it is worth rolling the dice that his value will go up if he is signed by another team. With the Rams I think he will continue to be JAG in that system.
Colts
49ers
Bears
Panthers
Cardinals
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 pm
dmac37 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 am Sammy owners- are we hoping he stays with the Rams or moves on to another team?

Colts
49ers
Bears
Panthers
Cardinals
I could see the 49ers and Bears being good options but I don't think he'd see a decent target share on the Colts or the Panthers since Hilton will still be the #1 for the next couple years at least in Indy and the Panthers use their TE and RB more than most. The Cards have no solid starting QB going into next year so I can't see them being great options either.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Niners please. Shanahan believer though
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 pm

I think I'm actually okay with him remaining in LA. It's a great offense and he helps boost my Kupp shares. When they move to the new stadium he could light things up.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 pm

I'd love him on the Bears...give Trubisky a great target. Carolina would be going from bad to worse in terms of QB accuracy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:58 pm

skip wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 pm I'd love him on the Bears...give Trubisky a great target. Carolina would be going from bad to worse in terms of QB accuracy.
Agreed, but at least Cam takes chances throwing to his WRs. Sometimes he takes ill-advised chances, but he does throw it downfield.

Sammy can play the KB/Funchess role (big-bodied alpha target), AND he can be the sprinter on the sidelines to stretch the field like Ginn did.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

gateway400
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gateway400 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:28 pm

[/quote]
Colts
49ers
Bears
Panthers
Cardinals
[/quote]

I'd be happy with any of those except the Bears & Cardinals!
1/2 ppr, 1ppr for TE, $200 Salary Cap, 10 teams, Start 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-4 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB: B. Mayfield($4-13), J. Garoppollo($1-7)
RB: L. Bowden ($1), JD McKissick($1)
WR: K. Golladay($2-6), C. Sutton($4-8), C. Davis($12-9), M. Williams($9-7), A. Lazard($5-5), K. Cole($8), D. Duverney($4-5), V. Jefferson($3-5), D. Peoples-Jones($3)
TE: M. Gesicki ($4-4), A. Hooper($1-4), O.J. Howard ($7-5), T. Conklin($1)
K: C. Boswell($1)
Def: Football Team D($1)

Taxi Squad (7 players max): J. Jefferson($4), C. Claypool($4), N. Fant($4), M. Pittman($4), D. Mims($4), B. Edwards($4), J. Stidham($1)

Draft Picks: 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th picks 2022: 6 - 1sts & 5 - 2nds

Trophy Room:
2020: 8th Place
2019: 5th Place Blew up team for tons of picks!
2018: 1st Place! CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 3peat! :dance:
2017: 1st Place! Championship!!
2016: 1st Place! Championship!
2015: 3rd Place
2014: 4th Place
2013: 8th Place