General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Worried about? Sammy edition...

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm
btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm Actually he had 4 targets against Seattle, he had 0 catches
I def remember that he had a zero target game at some point and ESPN says Seattle was the one. What am I missing?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/ ... my-watkins
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... tkSa00.htm

Allegedly not
Scandal! :lol:

Ok if that's true that's my bad.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Flat Earthers ... :whistle: Goff prob has an issue with that.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:34 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:20 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:06 am The argument for Watkins has always been filled with asterisks and ifs, *if he could just stay healthy, *if he was on a better offense, *if he had a better QB (although I think Tyrod is much better than people give him credit for, but not the point). This is it. Watkins is healthy, he has a QB who is playing in the top quarter of the position and he's on the best offense in the NFL, all while averaging 4 targets, 2.5 catches, 41.5 yards and .4 TDs per game and there's literally 0 reason for LA to change what they're doing right now. So, what's the "real problem" here?
So you are seriously concluding that is Sammy's steady-state production "par" in this offense...8 games into his time with the Rams? After having no training camp with a QB who's rebuilding his confidence and taking production anywhere he can get it. That could be the real problem. I've said it all along, Goff has chemistry with Kupp, Woods and Gurley. You can see it every week. He doesn't have it yet with Sammy, but you see flashes of it (just not nearly enough yet). If Sammy somehow makes it back to the Rams next year, I believe it'll be much better production. The Rams have most of the 2nd half of this year to make him believe. So far... nope. We shall see.
No the entire point was that the Rams are the best offense in the NFL and with very little involvement from Watkins so they have practically 0 reason to change that this year. I would never try and predict someone's usage year to year for any team at any position, way too many factors that could cause it to change, just saying that expecting him to all of a sudden be a major part of the offense this year is not realistic.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:06 am
hjernazian wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 am
skip wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I have to say the idea that he wasn't a good football player in college is a bit insane seeing as he holds Clemson's single season receiving records in both receptions and yardage. Couple that with him being the #5 WR over the 2nd half of 2015 when he was with the Bills and healthy, this post was filled with bias not facts.
agreed. he's undeniably talented. combine with a top 10 QB, and someone not named J. Goff, and he has a chance. There's a real problem there when he's not the clear #1 on a team with a horrendous WR core. I own him in dynasty, paid a decent price for him, but when it came down to cuts for salary purposes, held on strong. There's no reason to dump him now if you are invested, or to think an owner is going to give him up for peanuts.
Are we sure the problem just isn't Sammy? I believe he's got talent but I don't know if it's the kind of talent that requires a QB to force feed them targets like OBJ or Antonio Brown. As for the WR corps itself it's really not that bad compared to a lot of the other teams in the NFL right now, Woods isn't your typical #1 wideout and certainly hasn't played like it before but he's got as many yards as Crabtree right now and more than guys like Landry and Dez (side note, he has fewer catches and targets than each of those three) so it isn't like he's not putting up numbers and as a slot receiver there are a lot worse options than Kupp out there and the kid is still just a rookie. Not to mention that Goff is playing like a top 8 QB right now, he's 10th in passing yards, tied for 8th in TDs, tied for 8th in QB rating and 3rd in yards per attempt, dude is out there straight dealing right now.

The argument for Watkins has always been filled with asterisks and ifs, *if he could just stay healthy, *if he was on a better offense, *if he had a better QB (although I think Tyrod is much better than people give him credit for, but not the point). This is it. Watkins is healthy, he has a QB who is playing in the top quarter of the position and he's on the best offense in the NFL, all while averaging 4 targets, 2.5 catches, 41.5 yards and .4 TDs per game and there's literally 0 reason for LA to change what they're doing right now. So, what's the "real problem" here?
I see your point, but stats don't tell the full story here. I live in LA, so by default, the Rams are my second team after my Broncos. However, watching their playcalling is torture. They game plan well around Gurley, and that's about it. Gurley is a one man show and allows Goff time to dump off and hit WRs on slants. Virtually any time Goff has had Sammy open, up the middle or otherwhise, he has grossly overthrown. They just aren't in sync. It may be Sammy but not Goff, but what's the explanation of his stats in Buffalo when he was healthy? Dude was a league winner not too long ago. Tyrod isn't the best QB either. It's the system, it's the coaching, it's the masking of a tragically flawed offense hiding behind a future HOF in Gurley. Get him a better QB, get him a better system, and see what happens. Do you really think Sammy couldn't be the next Randy Moss if he had Brady throwing and Belichik calling plays for him?
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am

hjernazian wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 am
hjernazian wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 am

agreed. he's undeniably talented. combine with a top 10 QB, and someone not named J. Goff, and he has a chance. There's a real problem there when he's not the clear #1 on a team with a horrendous WR core. I own him in dynasty, paid a decent price for him, but when it came down to cuts for salary purposes, held on strong. There's no reason to dump him now if you are invested, or to think an owner is going to give him up for peanuts.
Are we sure the problem just isn't Sammy? I believe he's got talent but I don't know if it's the kind of talent that requires a QB to force feed them targets like OBJ or Antonio Brown. As for the WR corps itself it's really not that bad compared to a lot of the other teams in the NFL right now, Woods isn't your typical #1 wideout and certainly hasn't played like it before but he's got as many yards as Crabtree right now and more than guys like Landry and Dez (side note, he has fewer catches and targets than each of those three) so it isn't like he's not putting up numbers and as a slot receiver there are a lot worse options than Kupp out there and the kid is still just a rookie. Not to mention that Goff is playing like a top 8 QB right now, he's 10th in passing yards, tied for 8th in TDs, tied for 8th in QB rating and 3rd in yards per attempt, dude is out there straight dealing right now.

The argument for Watkins has always been filled with asterisks and ifs, *if he could just stay healthy, *if he was on a better offense, *if he had a better QB (although I think Tyrod is much better than people give him credit for, but not the point). This is it. Watkins is healthy, he has a QB who is playing in the top quarter of the position and he's on the best offense in the NFL, all while averaging 4 targets, 2.5 catches, 41.5 yards and .4 TDs per game and there's literally 0 reason for LA to change what they're doing right now. So, what's the "real problem" here?
I see your point, but stats don't tell the full story here. I live in LA, so by default, the Rams are my second team after my Broncos. However, watching their playcalling is torture. They game plan well around Gurley, and that's about it. Gurley is a one man show and allows Goff time to dump off and hit WRs on slants. Virtually any time Goff has had Sammy open, up the middle or otherwhise, he has grossly overthrown. They just aren't in sync. It may be Sammy but not Goff, but what's the explanation of his stats in Buffalo when he was healthy? Dude was a league winner not too long ago. Tyrod isn't the best QB either. It's the system, it's the coaching, it's the masking of a tragically flawed offense hiding behind a future HOF in Gurley. Get him a better QB, get him a better system, and see what happens. Do you really think Sammy couldn't be the next Randy Moss if he had Brady throwing and Belichik calling plays for him?
I love Sammy and can't wait for him to get an uptick in targets, but the Rams are winning games and their offense is putting up a ton of points, no way it is a "tragically flawed offense". Well, I guess it is a tragically flawed offense for Sammy owners like me, but in the real NFL it is running very smoothly.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm
btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 pm

I def remember that he had a zero target game at some point and ESPN says Seattle was the one. What am I missing?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/ ... my-watkins
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... tkSa00.htm

Allegedly not
Scandal! :lol:

Ok if that's true that's my bad.
Looks like bad data at the ESPN site.

"Sammy Watkins caught 0-of-4 targets in the Rams' Week 5 loss to the Seahawks. Analysis: With Jared Goff struggling against the Seahawks' elite defense, his No. 1 receiver ended up on a milk carton for the second straight week. Watkins now has one catch for 17 yards over his past two games. It's going to be a wild ride for Watkins all season, especially in Week 6. Facing Jalen Ramsey and the Jaguars' elite pass defense, Watkins will be hard to trust as a WR3."

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 am

Oddball456 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am
hjernazian wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 am

I love Sammy and can't wait for him to get an uptick in targets, but the Rams are winning games and their offense is putting up a ton of points, no way it is a "tragically flawed offense". Well, I guess it is a tragically flawed offense for Sammy owners like me, but in the real NFL it is running very smoothly.
ditto. and it is my opinion that when you can't figure out a way to get your most talented WR (by a wide margin) the ball, something is wrong. hope it works out for us both in dynasty.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Saw this mentioned on Twitter, "Sammy Watkins has 3 receptions for 108 yards and 2 TDs in his last 2 games...on 5 targets. 6/150/2 from his last 10 targets."

Also been seeing recent interviews where he's acting like a true pro & teammate, praising Woods as the leader of the WR group and basically shrugging his shoulders about his target share. Just happy to be playing on a winning team at the moment.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am

I THINK we could see a big game from Sammy this week. Woods is out. Lattimore, the Saints' shutdown CB, is supposedly out. Watkins has been incredibly efficient with any targets he's gotten, so if he gets 6+ targets (which he really almost has to get if Woods misses the game), I don't see him NOT catching 4+ balls for 50+ yards and maybe he catches 7 for 100 and a touch??
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:13 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am I THINK we could see a big game from Sammy this week. Woods is out. Lattimore, the Saints' shutdown CB, is supposedly out. Watkins has been incredibly efficient with any targets he's gotten, so if he gets 6+ targets (which he really almost has to get if Woods misses the game), I don't see him NOT catching 4+ balls for 50+ yards and maybe he catches 7 for 100 and a touch??
I was actually thinking the same. I could use a huge game from him as Woods and the CB is out. I am considering starting him over J. Crowder and K. Rudolph as my second flex. What do you guys think? I know this isn't the thread to ask start/sit questions, but it is relevant. My other starters at WR are Hilton, Landry, Fitz and Hogan (considering he plays). I am starting Freeman and Demarco at RB, and Latavius in case either don't, and Engram at TE. Guy I am playing is in 1st place, but just gave up Landry to me and doesn't have Zeeke.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am I THINK we could see a big game from Sammy this week. Woods is out. Lattimore, the Saints' shutdown CB, is supposedly out. Watkins has been incredibly efficient with any targets he's gotten, so if he gets 6+ targets (which he really almost has to get if Woods misses the game), I don't see him NOT catching 4+ balls for 50+ yards and maybe he catches 7 for 100 and a touch??
You would think so, but they're probably going to use him as a decoy and feed Kupp and the other not-as-good WR or TE that fills Woods role.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 am
You would think so, but they're probably going to use him as a decoy and feed Kupp and the other not-as-good WR or TE that fills Woods role.
Good luck beating the Saints by feeding Kupp and Josh Reynolds, or Kupp and Higbee. If they want to move the ball, they will have to give Sammy some work.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Watch Reynolds or pharaoh Cooper will out play him this week lol

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:55 pm

I just listened to a podcast with Greg Cosell who I think is one of the best NFL film analyzers around and gave me reason to think Sammy still has it.

He mentioned that in film watching he sees Watkins getting open quite a bit but as the X receiver in the Rams offense Goff is currently not going through his progressions long enough to find him. Between that, McVay being a smart football mind, Sammy drawing tough CB matchups, and Woods out I'm still keeping the faith,
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 pm

dmac37 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:55 pm I just listened to a podcast with Greg Cosell who I think is one of the best NFL film analyzers around and gave me reason to think Sammy still has it.

He mentioned that in film watching he sees Watkins getting open quite a bit but as the X receiver in the Rams offense Goff is currently not going through his progressions long enough to find him. Between that, McVay being a smart football mind, Sammy drawing tough CB matchups, and Woods out I'm still keeping the faith,
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/932800161293664256
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am Good luck beating the Saints by feeding Kupp and Josh Reynolds, or Kupp and Higbee. If they want to move the ball, they will have to give Sammy some work.
The funny part is Watkins is killing Kupp on a per-target basis, but Kupp continues to be fed more because of matchups/not being a decoy:

Kupp: 38 receptions, 481 yards, 3 TD's, 61 targets
Watkins: 24 receptions, 408 yards, 4 TD's, 38 targets