Is THIS collusion?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Is THIS collusion?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm

90% of the time it isn't. Honestly, usually it's not even close. So before you make another collusion post, ask yourself, is this REALLY collusion and should I REALLY make a thread about it on DLF.

Besides, you can't ACTUALLY prove collusion unless you have additional evidence beyond the details of the trade. No matter how terrible a trade, it isn't actually collusion unless you know the intent of the parties to collude. Otherwise, it's just a really, really bad trade.

:lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Is THIS collusion?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm So before you make another collusion post, ask yourself, should I REALLY make a thread about it on DLF.
:shock:

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm

This sounds like you're colluding against people who are potentially attempting collusion.

Is that collusion?
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Collussion is a nice way of saying that trade lessened your teams chances of winning in most posts. But all of sudden you care about the integrity & fairness of the league. If you win 6 chips in a row, I doubt you would ever care to mention any trades that go through.

Some people need to realize that even some of the so called experts are idiots too. How do you expect a league of friends to be different? Not all trades are equal & no one has a crystal ball. Let owners learn from their mistakes or even prove you wrong!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm So before you make another collusion post, ask yourself, should I REALLY make a thread about it on DLF.
:shock:
:lol:

I agree with DD here...maybe follow your own advice on this one

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am

Slackalacker wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm This sounds like you're colluding against people who are potentially attempting collusion.

Is that collusion?
No, it's a post about collusion threads that is "colluding against people who are potentially attempting collusion."
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:47 am

I call collusion.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Was my original post a drunk post? Yes, yes it was. But that doesn't take away from the substance, which may have been overlooked by some.

At the end of the day, you can't prove collusion unless you take into account parole evidence (i.e. evidence other than the actual trade itself). It goes beyond making a bad trade, a terrible trade... it involves some form of conspiracy with another league member.

So my point is/was, many are often times looking at a trade to find something that we can't actually see unless we get behind the scenes info.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm ...it involves some form of conspiracy with another league member.
What if two teams are conspiring...to make each other better... :think:
Is THAT collusion?

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Well I think many times two guys will make a trade with the general idea that each team improves themselves in the trade. Nothing wrong with that. I get that your point is more one of semantics and me being imprecise in articulating what collusion is. :)

Ultimately it's two guys working to improve one team by marshalling / channeling resources to that team in one or more unbalanced trades.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm Was my original post a drunk post? Yes, yes it was. But that doesn't take away from the substance, which may have been overlooked by some.

At the end of the day, you can't prove collusion unless you take into account parole evidence (i.e. evidence other than the actual trade itself). It goes beyond making a bad trade, a terrible trade... it involves some form of conspiracy with another league member.

So my point is/was, many are often times looking at a trade to find something that we can't actually see unless we get behind the scenes info.
Yes every situation will need to be viewed individually. Hard to say without any context on what the league settings are and other nuances. Just looking at the names only doesn't paint whole picture.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm Was my original post a drunk post? Yes, yes it was. But that doesn't take away from the substance, which may have been overlooked by some.

This isn't a court of law. You're not innocent until proven guilty. If there is circumstantial reason to believe there was collusion then it is worth looking into even if you don't have a phone wire tap of the owner's agreement to collude.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:11 am

Weeman wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 pm Collusion is a nice way of saying that trade lessened your teams chances of winning in most posts. But all of sudden you care about the integrity & fairness of the league. If you win 6 chips in a row, I doubt you would ever care to mention any trades that go through.

Some people need to realize that even some of the so called experts are idiots too. How do you expect a league of friends to be different? Not all trades are equal & no one has a crystal ball. Let owners learn from their mistakes or even prove you wrong!
This is spot on.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

First - definitely collusion

Second - I one time traded Dwayne Bowe (when he was good) for Michael Bush (when he was backing up McFadden). I thought Bush was going to take over and then be a free agent. He got hosed on service and didn't become a FA, which made the trade even more lopsided. However, I played the guy I traded with in the playoffs and beat him. Without Bush, I would have lost. So, I got lucky and it worked out.

Third - my second point doesn't seem to have anything to do with this thread, but I'm going to leave it anyway.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

This isn't a court of law. You're not innocent until proven guilty. If there is circumstantial reason to believe there was collusion then it is worth looking into even if you don't have a phone wire tap of the owner's agreement to collude.
I guess I can see situations where you could make the call without any further info/evidence. Example, if a team sends a package of starters for another teams scrubs.