Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 am

Wow there are a lot of ignorant people on this thread. Let's keep politics out of dynasty fantasy football posts. I won't state my full opinion on this but let's just say I'm keeping Kaep rostered all season regsrdless, cause he deserves a job as an NFL QB even if it's a back-up. Oh and ah......F uck the Orange hemmroid that some of you refer to as a President. He is a stain on humanity. Whoops I got political.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 am

As anticipated, this thread is done. Go ahead and lock it up mods (or move it to off-topic).

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 am

Has he been working on his game since the end of last season?

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 am

KCLep20 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 am
Reljac wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am

sounds racist
That comment doesn't just sound racist.. it is racist.
What a world we live in, where a white dude calling out other white dude's is now racist. If you're too blind to acknowledge what's going on, you need to take a hard look at yourself.
:shh: You're challenging their position of power.

Regardless of whether or not Kaep should be playing right now this is a major civil rights moment, and history won't favor the anti-Kaep side.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 am

Balzac wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 am
KCLep20 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 am
Reljac wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 am

That comment doesn't just sound racist.. it is racist.
What a world we live in, where a white dude calling out other white dude's is now racist. If you're too blind to acknowledge what's going on, you need to take a hard look at yourself.
:shh: You're challenging their position of power.

Regardless of whether or not Kaep should be playing right now this is a major civil rights moment, and history won't favor the anti-Kaep side.
:lol:
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 am

I think this is literally the dumbest thread I've ever seen on here...why is this not locked yet?

Tebow >> Kaep

I'd much rather have RG3 over Kaep if I were an NFL owner and nobody is talking about him. He's a tout Republican and he's not any NFL team, is RG3 really that bad?

And how is this civil rights related? I can't believe some people actually think Kaep is getting screwed here hahahahaha
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 am
JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am Sad for him and the NFL product that gets put on the field. Sign of the times. Think maybe GB could use Kaep? I'd say yes.

He'd be an improvement for about 8-10 teams right now.
You're obviously Kaepernick's mother, cause no one in the right mind would say everything you've said without it being so.
Huh?

No. Not his mom nor am I related. Just see several NFL teams with very poor qb play. I'm looking at the product on the field and find it upsetting that in today's world, free speech really isn't "free speech". It all comes at a cost.

Not that complicated & No need to be a douche.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am
JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am Sad for him and the NFL product that gets put on the field. Sign of the times. Think maybe GB could use Kaep? I'd say yes.

He'd be an improvement for about 8-10 teams right now.
You're obviously Kaepernick's mother, cause no one in the right mind would say everything you've said without it being so.
Huh?

No. Not his mom nor am I related. Just see several NFL teams with very poor qb play. I'm looking at the product on the field and find it upsetting that in today's world, free speech really isn't "free speech". It all comes at a cost.

Quit being overly sensitive. Why would anyone invest starter money in a back up QB? Why would I bring in a back up QB that doesn't know how to run my system when I already have back up QB's that can run my system?

Stop talking about freedom of speech like you're being oppressed. You or Kaepernick are free to say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean what you say doesn't have consequences. Many people say or do the wrong thing or cause unwanted attention to their employers and get fired for it. What makes Kaepernicks situation so much more important than everyone else. Just like freedom of speech, I have the right to bear arms. That doesn't mean I can run around shooting off my gun without consequences. Get real!
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 am

Coogan Football wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 am And how is this civil rights related?
It's not. We can fairly debate Kaep's value and leave our own views of his political and social positions to the side. He's protesting something he believes in. There are people who support his position and people who don't. There are also people who agree with him but don't agree with his methodology - and those who don't agree with him that support his rights to do so. This entire aspect of the discussion is moot so anyone coming into this thread trying to debate these points is just trying to create a controversy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 am

There are a lot of of posts that are just missing the point here. There's nothing political about this. Here's how I see it:

1. Without any insider knowledge, I believe there is no collusion. No one in the league office or any of the 32 teams is actively trying to keep him off a roster because there's no financial gain from doing so. The league and each team makes business decisions when it comes to personnel, pure and simple.
2. Kaepernick is 100% an NFL talent. He has a strong arm, and his mobility is a big asset like Tyrod Taylor or Marcus Mariota. He can absolutely be a worthwhile backup QB on many teams.
3. This issue comes down to value over replacement, a concept that most of you should understand as it applies to fantasy football as well. Kaepernick may very well be a better NFL QB than Blake Bortles or Brett Hundley or Jacoby Brissett, but the marginal increase in QB talent is not worth the additional salary and media firestorm that would come with him at this point.

Real world example: why would I hire Truck Driver B who is slightly more efficient than Truck Driver A when Truck Driver B is also a recovering alcoholic? It's not worth it when the potential risk for a car crash/lawsuit is greater than the reward of getting deliveries to my clients 10 min faster. In the same vein, it's not worth it for an NFL team to maybe get an extra win or two if their starting QB goes down to deal with a million media questions and potential backlash from their fan base for signing Kaepernick.

P.S. From a pure football standpoint, I think Kaepernick replacing Derek Anderson as the no. 2 QB in CAR would make the most sense. He and Cam Newton have similar strengths and weaknesses, and that's a team that already has an offensive system tailored to Newton/Kaepernick's strengths.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:04 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am
JFever wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am

Huh?

Quit being overly sensitive. Why would anyone invest starter money in a back up QB? Why would I bring in a back up QB that doesn't know how to run my system when I already have back up QB's that can run my system?

Stop talking about freedom of speech like you're being oppressed. You or Kaepernick are free to say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean what you say doesn't have consequences. Many people say or do the wrong thing or cause unwanted attention to their employers and get fired for it. What makes Kaepernicks situation so much more important than everyone else. Just like freedom of speech, I have the right to bear arms. That doesn't mean I can run around shooting off my gun without consequences. Get real!
Again,... snarky response. What gives? Do we have a problem here? This is a forum chat discussing the Kaepernick issue. That issue stems from him using his public platform to speak out on something that means something to him.

What I personally believe in regard to that issue is completely irrelevant. It isn't a discussion on ethics, morals, religion, or politics really, it is about the simple fact that anyone of us should be able to speak on something that we feel strongly about WITHOUT it effecting our financial situation, freedom, or something of the like. That simple isn't reality in today's world, and I realize that. That doesn't mean I approve of that or like it. My stance is simple. He does (or did recently) have the ability to be employed by the NFL. Not Top 10-15 qb in the NFL ability like many of us thought ( a few years back) he might have. But.... YES he does have top 30-40 ish qb ability. THAT is simple and because the NFL owners have a little rich boy club going on (which right or wrong, they do have the right to do in a way) They clearly (tough to prove - I agree) have colluded to keep Kaep and his annoying antics out of the league.

My very simple point is this - He has more ability than some that are taking snaps in the NFL right now.

I have an issue not with Freedom of speech and the negative consequences that at time stem from it, but the social media impact on general public involvement and impressions. It is an issue for today's society MUCH more so than ever before in history. It's a problem, ignorant people that are over confident and under informed is a problem in our country - As is the argumentative, snarky, and unnecessarily rude crap that comes out in discussions on these threads over and over. No need for the rude crap. It is counter productive.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

Obviously this is a sensitive subject. Worth discussing, but respectfully. Thanks.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 am

kaep did this to himself.. thinking he is entitled to a job is ludacris. Just because you have talent does not mean you get every job(you may actually have to earn that job duh what a concept) you ever applied for. heck he can get a job making coffee or mixing wings... Yes he has the right to use a platfrom but also does every single owner in the NFL or any American for that matter. Bite the hands that feeds you ? you deserve what you get welcome to the real world entitled people!!! He is unemployed because of lack of skills and the inability to make his employer money..LOL the NFL is not the government, free hands out a lot of Americans are looking for...because you disagree with your Boss and lose your job doesn't give you the right too sue.. LOL..What has become the norm in America LMAfo.. No wonder America is falling to her knees
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am

Seems logical to rank all 32 NFL starters and 32 backups and see where Kaep realistically slots in when you factor in the system and cost to sign. Several comments above that insist he'd be starting ahead of 1/3rd of the league so let's see where he fits. I think when you start to really analyze that, you'll find just a handful of spots he might make sense in.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am

KCLep20 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 am What a world we live in, where a white dude calling out other white dude's is now racist. If you're too blind to acknowledge what's going on, you need to take a hard look at yourself.
I don't judge or treat people differently based on their race and don't call out color every chance I get. It seems to me that you need to take a hard look at yourself.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first