Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby ericanadian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Kaep has already come out and said he would stand for the anthem. Sure, the protest he started is ongoing, but I doubt the dogfighting rings Vick participated in just folded up because Vick stopped participating.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2737 ... -nfl-again

A quick google search will show that he said similar back in March in case you think this is a recent development. I stand by my original comparison.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 pm Kaep has already come out and said he would stand for the anthem. Sure, the protest he started is ongoing, but I doubt the dogfighting rings Vick participated in just folded up because Vick stopped participating.

A quick google search will show that he said similar back in March in case you think this is a recent development. I stand by my original comparison.
Haha, ok. The controversy is over, my bad.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 pm Kaep has already come out and said he would stand for the anthem. Sure, the protest he started is ongoing, but I doubt the dogfighting rings Vick participated in just folded up because Vick stopped participating.

ray rice said he wouldn't punch his wife in the face anymore .... didn't help him. The damage is done now as he could cure cancer and to some he would still be persona non grata .
Once the horse is out of the barn you can close the door but that doesn't get the horse back in the barn!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 pm

ray rice said he wouldn't punch his wife in the face anymore .... didn't help him. The damage is done now as he could cure cancer and to some he would still be persona non grata .
Once the horse is out of the barn you can close the door but that doesn't get the horse back in the barn!
So now taking a knee at the anthem is the same as knocking out a woman in an elevator?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Kaep was protesting well before he was benched. It only drew attention when he was was benched and people twisted what he was doing to fit whatever convenient narrative they needed.

He was benched for Gabbert not because of the protest but because his contract was only guaranteed for injury. If he got hurt, the rest of his remaining $20 mil per year for the last 2 or whatever years would be guaranteed hence why they negotiated an agreement to waive that part of the contract to allow him unrestricted FA and the Niners let him play.

Teams don't get as much practice time with this CBA. It's why you see slow starts to the season. Signing Kaep would require a team capable of dedicating time and reps to get him ready. More likely you'll sign a guy who is familiar with your system or can run what you need on a moment's notice. It's why old dudes like Weeden and Cassell will always have a role carrying the clipboard. Teams just don't have the time to customize an offense around Kaep that would only go into effect if the starter gets hurt.

Simplifying things but sometimes that's as good an answer as any huge conspiracy.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Apparently he needs to be taking lessons from Greg Hardy, Adam Jones, and Dez Bryant about how to get his horse back in the barn.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 am

onetwothree wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 pm Kaep was protesting well before he was benched. It only drew attention when he was was benched and people twisted what he was doing to fit whatever convenient narrative they needed.
Kaep's first protest was unnoticed and occured during the first two preseason games in 2016 in August. After it went unnoticed he went to the media to get attention. It immediately got attention once he made a public statement about it.

Kaep was first benched in November of 2015, well before any protest and in favor of Blaine Gabbert he did not start another game headed into the 2016 preseason. Gabbert started the first game of 2016 and was responsible for 1 of only 2 SF wins

Read Up!

So much misinformation being fired around
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 am

Reljac wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 am
onetwothree wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 pm Kaep was protesting well before he was benched. It only drew attention when he was was benched and people twisted what he was doing to fit whatever convenient narrative they needed.
Kaep's first protest was unnoticed and occured during the first two preseason games in 2016 in August. After it went unnoticed he went to the media to get attention. It immediately got attention once he made a public statement about it.

Kaep was first benched in November of 2015, well before any protest and in favor of Blaine Gabbert he did not start another game headed into the 2016 preseason. Gabbert started the first game of 2016 and was responsible for 1 of only 2 SF wins

Read Up!

So much misinformation being fired around
It definitely didn't go unnoticed. He sat on the bench during the first preseason game and it was being talked about the next day. It just didn't blow up for another week or so.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 am
It definitely didn't go unnoticed. He sat on the bench during the first preseason game and it was being talked about the next day. It just didn't blow up for another week or so.
Gotcha, the unnoticed was directly quoting the SBnation article I linked.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:08 am

He was benched for Gabbert not because of the protest but because his contract was only guaranteed for injury. If he got hurt, the rest of his remaining $20 mil per year for the last 2 or whatever years would be guaranteed hence why they negotiated an agreement to waive that part of the contract to allow him unrestricted FA and the Niners let him play.

Teams don't get as much practice time with this CBA. It's why you see slow starts to the season. Signing Kaep would require a team capable of dedicating time and reps to get him ready. More likely you'll sign a guy who is familiar with your system or can run what you need on a moment's notice. It's why old dudes like Weeden and Cassell will always have a role carrying the clipboard. Teams just don't have the time to customize an offense around Kaep that would only go into effect if the starter gets hurt.

Simplifying things but sometimes that's as good an answer as any huge conspiracy.
Good points and well said. :clap: I appreciate your take and your delivery.

I don't look at these threads and discussions as having to have a thread "winner". Rather, simply a discussion where we can share thoughts on a topic and learn from each other. Not really a competition, debate, or argument that must have a winner and loser. It occurred to me while reading through the last couple pages that some that have contributed to the thread view this as such.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am

Now that Eric Reid got signed by Carolina. You think the likelihood of a team signing Kaepernick increases significantly?!
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am

Doubt it. Him signing would be a huge mess for a team, and he's probably not going to contribute in a meaningful enough way on the field.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 am

Sad part is Kaepernick as it stands RIGHT NOW today, is more talented than nearly every single NFL back up and prob close to 25% of the current starters.

What an absolute joke. People are dumb, the media is both good and bad - because people are dumb. Lots of people every day use misinformation as a cornerstone / foundation for their existence. There are lots of people out there that are way over opinionated and simultaneously, criminally under or misinformed. Sad.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am Now that Eric Reid got signed by Carolina. You think the likelihood of a team signing Kaepernick increases significantly?!
I don’t think so. His poor decision making has consequences. He is seeing that play out right now. I would be surprised if he ever played NFL football again.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:39 pm

azthecrow wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm
Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am Now that Eric Reid got signed by Carolina. You think the likelihood of a team signing Kaepernick increases significantly?!
I don’t think so. His poor decision making has consequences. He is seeing that play out right now. I would be surprised if he ever played NFL football again.
What poor decision making are you referring to?