Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 pm

That begs the question... is THIS collusion?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm Max, you keep pointing to his record without harbaugh as of he had an incredible team around him, but the whole 49er organization imploded after harbaugh left, no talent on offense outside of hyde. I find it hard to believe any QB that aren't instant hall of famers that would do significantly better.
It is fair to say that a team rises and falls based more on the play of their QB than any other position. Their record during that time frame is a huge factor as to why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. He regressed from a Superbowl QB year over year until they were 2-14 last season. There was an obvious decline in play over that span, not just an organization falling apart around him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm

In a World where if you trip in the parking lot of a stripmall & when you look up... You can have your pick of the litter of which company to sue. I was merely pointing out how frivolous this action is. Everything he did had meaning, until his livelihood was on the line. His message will be forgotten & the bigger one is now corruption & conspiracy theories.

I won't debate whether or not he should stand Or if they can make him stand. He wanted attention & the whole world watching. If he thought no one was going to depict him as a villain he doesn't understand American culture! We have yet to even vote in a President that after a month approval ratings don't drop. Social media can spin & twist things in ways, I'm sure Kaep is now aware of.

He should've met with NFLPA & had his protest approved. He could've advocated police brutality in the off-season with other NFL players. He had to be a hero...

As a Dolphins fan, I would've liked for him to have been an option when Tannehill went down.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Weeman wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm If he thought no one was going to depict him as a villain he doesn't understand American culture!
I'm pretty sure the thought of being depicted as a villain was well within his consciousness, I mean... that's sort of why he's sitting/kneeling lol...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm Max, you keep pointing to his record without harbaugh as of he had an incredible team around him, but the whole 49er organization imploded after harbaugh left, no talent on offense outside of hyde. I find it hard to believe any QB that aren't instant hall of famers that would do significantly better.
It is fair to say that a team rises and falls based more on the play of their QB than any other position. Their record during that time frame is a huge factor as to why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. He regressed from a Superbowl QB year over year until they were 2-14 last season. There was an obvious decline in play over that span, not just an organization falling apart around him.
I totally get that he isnt a top 10 QB, and that football is won and lost starting with the QB position. But at some point you have to look at the team and say he didnt have much to work with, and that is a factor. You put a not top 7 QB in Indianapolis, they'll probably have a record like kaepernick post harbaugh. The roster is just complete garbage, and tbh, as far as offensive roster, the colts are a million times better than the 49ers the past few years. And during that time, that was when the NFC west was one of (if not) the best division in football, 49ers off a Superbowl trip, hawks on a tear, Arizona quietly beasting, rams... Had a really strong defense at least...

Kaep isnt amazing, but he is better than every backup, and better than the bottom 10 starting QBs. And it is crazy to think a guy with his resume won't even get a chance. I get that he took a chance with his protest, and that the NFL owners have every right to not employ him. And I strongly doubt he will be able to prove collusion, unless some owners were dumb enough to make an email about it (pretty much the only way to prove it st this point). I do think that there is an unspoken agreement between the owners that Kaep won't play another down in the NFL due to his protests during the anthem.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:26 am

Not sure why you keep saying he didn't get a chance - he opted out of a big$ deal in san fran of his own choosing, that was after starting several games while making his point about the protest. If the niners benched and cut immediately him after his protest then he may have a complaint to be heard but his teammates that protested still have a job (some of them eric reid) . I am sick and tired of people comparing this disruptive joke being martyred for his struggle like jackie robinson or hank aaron .

If you own a business and an employee is angering all of your customers with ridiculous actions he quits his job ;I suspect it is highly unlikely that your closest competitor hires him.

Honestly there are a ton of social causes that could use the steam and momentum that people have flushed down the collective sewer chasing a guy who gave away 13MM and wants a sympathy **** bankrolled from the NFL cash register after realizing he screwed up. People try to align him with guys that were not allowed to stay in the same hotels or drink out of the same water fountains as their teammates because of their skin color or guys that received death threats for breaking an all time greats record.

This dude wore pig socks on the field and didn't publicly (that I know of) rip his girlfriend for saying a prospective employer was a slave owner. She called out a guy that like him or not is his generation's touchstone defensive player for being a house slave.

The union evidently will follow along in this goat rope not because they like or believe in CK but because they signed a terrible deal and would love to get back to the table to assuage their stupidity as quickly as they can. The union would be better served to not walk but run away from this situation as fast as possible. They get a portion of revenue and that revenue will wane by spotlighting what a huge amount of it's customer base deems repugnant. That will cost the players huge sums of money and they need their cut worse than the billionaires need their cut .The across the board support is skewed by the SJW support but they are not football fans by and large and they will wander off to the next lost cause soon enough . Our last election should prove that the media doesn't always have its pulse on the country and the loudest of the crowd do not always speak for the crowd as a whole.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am It is collusion without a doubt. Tough to prove, I agree. But talent vs talent.... Kaepernick is a better qb than about 30% of the current starting qb's in the league.
Bunch of crap. NFL teams aren't playing fantasy football. They are playing REAL football. They can't run out a product that causes people to not buy it.

He's got a career losing record and finished in the bottom in completion percentage for several years straight.

It's a joke to say there's some massive collusion when the guy was benched before he ever began protesting and chose to opt out of his contract. If he was so good and wanted to play football so bad, he'd be in Canada right now.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 am I totally get that he isnt a top 10 QB, and that football is won and lost starting with the QB position. But at some point you have to look at the team and say he didnt have much to work with, and that is a factor.
If you look at 2015, at some point you have to say that Blaine Gabbert was able to do more with the same guys around him.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am
KCLep20 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 am Is it collusion? Yes
Will he be able to prove it? No

It absolutely the rich white owners making a stand, but they also have the very best lawyers who will be able to make this go away, and with it, Kaps potential of every signing again. His NFL career is done, and we won't fully appreciate what he did for years to come.
Agree with pretty much everything here.
sounds racist
That comment doesn't just sound racist.. it is racist.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 am

ppm wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:04 pm Collusion is definitely the wrong word here. The owners didn't all get together for a secret handshake meeting and agree to not sign Kaepernick. More likely, each team individually decided that bringing in Kaepernick was not worth the media circus that would follow (i.e. Tim Tebow). He's just not good enough to be worth all of the extra headache and drama. Right or not, I'd be willing to bet that's what's happening here. Kaep would not successfully lead an NFL team, so he's not worth them rostering.
Exactly. And it should be well within an owner's rights to decide this.
X2 - feels like a lot of people don't fully understand what collusion implies.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 am
ppm wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:04 pm Collusion is definitely the wrong word here. The owners didn't all get together for a secret handshake meeting and agree to not sign Kaepernick. More likely, each team individually decided that bringing in Kaepernick was not worth the media circus that would follow (i.e. Tim Tebow). He's just not good enough to be worth all of the extra headache and drama. Right or not, I'd be willing to bet that's what's happening here. Kaep would not successfully lead an NFL team, so he's not worth them rostering.
Exactly. And it should be well within an owner's rights to decide this.
X2 - feels like a lot of people don't fully understand what collusion implies.

This is exactly what is happening. Seemed pretty common sense to me.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 am

You honestly think even if an owner wanted to sign and possibly start CK that he would want to deal with the inevitable backlash of him throwing a temper tantrum the moment he gets pulled after an 8-23 performance? What happens when he gets benched after showing he cannot get it done on the field? It is not like he goes quietly to the sideline to hold a clipboard. I do not just mean that by just the kneeling either. Unfortunately for him, and this has been shown by his fans, girlfriend, etc., that we all know that the coach/owner/whomever will be huge racists for pulling him from the field and then it will be a huge controversy for the rest of the season. Who wants a part of that?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm
I mean record is all that matters. If he was sooo good he would win a few on his own and make those avg players look better. I think if you look beyond the fantasy points he scores you you will realize he isn't good at being a QB. He can score fantasy points but that doesn't make him a good NFL QB.
You keep saying he is better than qbs on rosters but better at what? He can't play in systems that require you to hit WR's from the pocket and that is literally the main job of every NFL QB. Everyone gets it done a little different so we can allow for that but because RG3/Kaep have never shown they can win from the pocket they don't have jobs or get tryouts.
It is pretty simple really and if he is a bad QB is it collusion or does he just not help anyone's team enough to sign?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am Sad for him and the NFL product that gets put on the field. Sign of the times. Think maybe GB could use Kaep? I'd say yes.

He'd be an improvement for about 8-10 teams right now.
You're obviously Kaepernick's mother, cause no one in the right mind would say everything you've said without it being so.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 am

Reljac wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am

Agree with pretty much everything here.
sounds racist
That comment doesn't just sound racist.. it is racist.
What a world we live in, where a white dude calling out other white dude's is now racist. If you're too blind to acknowledge what's going on, you need to take a hard look at yourself.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely