Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm not anti Kaep but I think he has a 0% chance of accomplishing anything with this.

Personally I believe if he would sign for the vet minimum then he'd be on a roster, I would have liked him in Seattle as Russ' backup. That or he really has gotten bad and if he does work out for teams they see that. The only other circumstance would be they are colluding which I'd have to say good luck proving.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:31 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 pm The strange part about all of this is any team could easily just bring him in for a tryout, declare they didn't liked what they saw, and put a damper on this entire situation. Instead they treat him like a leper and out themselves as having completely insincere intentions.
Bingo.

NFL owners are doing a horrible job at keeping their intentions from being transparent. It's as much of a "say it without saying it" situation as you'll see. The Titans even brought in TJ Yates for a tryout. Yates is 30 years old, has 7 career starts and has 6 career TD's to 8 career interceptions.

There just isn't a logical football explanation for it. Some people will be naive and scream "but maybe he doesn't fit the system" but what system does TJ Yates succeed in?
Well, Baltimore was just about to until his girlfriend compared Stever Biscotti a slave owner And Ray Lewis to a house slave on twitter so in my opinion there is no substance to this claim.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm
cc texan wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:45 pm I'm confused as to what law or clause that Kaep is trying to use as the basis for his case.

No one wants a terrible employee, and Kaep keeps finding ways to prove he is or will be one.
What makes him a terrible employee? The fact that he won the 49ers’ Len Eshmont award, as voted on by his teammates, described as the 49ers’ “most prestigious annual honor, given each year to the 49ers player who best exemplifies the ‘inspirational and courageous play’ of Len Eshmont.” I don't remember coaches or teammates saying anything bad about him...if anything, they've all continued to support him. If you're referring to his play, that's a different story, but I doubt that's what you were referring to.
He has put his personal interests above the interests of the team, unnecessarily creating drama onto the field (cops as pigs socks ring a bell?); you don't think that makes him a terrible employee?

The protest that he started are costing the NFL millions to tens of millions of dollars; you think that doesn't make him a terrible employee?

And now, after costing the league and each team millions of dollars, he has the gall to sue them.. like he's entitled to a starting QB position in the NFL; you don't think that makes him a terrible employee?

The purpose of an employee is to make or facilitate the making of profit for a company, I'm not sure any team can say that they will generate more profit by having Kaep on the team.
12 Team IDP. QB:1 / RB:1-3 / WR:2-5 / TE:1-3 / DL:2-4 / LB:2-4 / DB:2-4
QB: Newton, Rivers
RB: Hyde, Gordon, Martin, Dixon, Prosise, Williams (GB), Connor
WR: Beckham, Parker, White, Ty Williams, Doctson, Schuster-Smith, Boyd
TE: Thomas, Howard, Everett
DL: Cox, Fowler, Clark
LB: Alonso, Kendricks, Mack, Hicks, Kirksey, Mercilus, Ray
DB: Ryan, B Jones
Devy: Bryan Edwards

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:31 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 pm The strange part about all of this is any team could easily just bring him in for a tryout, declare they didn't liked what they saw, and put a damper on this entire situation. Instead they treat him like a leper and out themselves as having completely insincere intentions.

There just isn't a logical football explanation for it.
His W-L Record since Harbaugh left? The fact an NFL team needing a qb dumped him for hoyer?Pretty low bar
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Collusion and not having him on a football team for a variety of reasons are two different things. I think most people know it is a combo of non football reasons/business reasons (mainly) and some football reasons as to why he is not on a team, right or wrong. Collusion is what he is suing for and that is saying owners are colluding together against him, almost as if they are protesting his protest by agreeing not to sign him, together. Tough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that is the case, unless some hard evidence comes out.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Barry Bonds couldn't prove collusion against MLB in a situation that was far more obviously collusion. Granted, he went to an arbitrator rather than the courts, but I don't think the courts are going to set an easier bar.

With that in mind, I don't think Kaep and the NFLPA are doing this for Kaep. Why file now? This has been going on for a while for Kaep, but what has changed is that you have owners frustrated by so many players taking knees during the anthem and a lot of public pressure on those owners to do something about it. However, if more players start finding themselves inexplicably cut and/or unemployable after taking part in these protests, the court case would start to gain traction. It also shows that the NFLPA will stand up for those that want to exercise their rights and likely alleviates some concern among would-be participants.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 pm

The NFL is a business. They should be counter suing Kaep for ruining their brand equity. The NFL is not the right forum for his protests. Agree or disagree... it's clear as day. Especially when there is a clear divide of people who see it as necessary & another half unacceptable. Owners are being put in lose-lose situations. Veterans & people confused by the protest = loss revenue. The team that signs him already has no QB worth a damn, fan/team morale is low & now it needs a team/fan distraction?

It's a privilege to play for an NFL team. Just because you are talented enough to play doesn't mean the NFL is required to work you out or give you a job. Fans pay the players salaries & owners know that Kaep is a PR nightmare.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 pm

I posted this in the weekly discussion thread some has been covered and addressed but thought I would add in this thread

why any sympathy for kaep he really isn't that good - much like RG3 a gimmicky qb that the league caught up to , and unless you have a team that is a serious contender why would any owner/coach want the circus that will tag along with him. People will say green bay but that team isn't very good; rodgers is so great he masks how incredibly mediocre they have become . Hundley will get pressured and panned by the experts but virtually anyone in that system would look unfit besides rodgers .

Kaep is looking to recoup the cash he gave away because he wanted out of san fran I say tough **** pal now go away . Anyone who has been around this sight knows I lean heavily in favor of the players (& away from the billionaire owners) whose blood sweat and long term health they sacrifice for our enjoyment but not this time . Kaep is a blight on the reputation of the other players and were the union managed better than a travelling carnival they would quickly and soundly distance itself from this pariah .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Weeman wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 pm The NFL is a business. They should be counter suing Kaep for ruining their brand equity. The NFL is not the right forum for his protests.
Players do not have to stand for the anthem. What would they be suing him for.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Unless an owner comes out and says there was a secret handshake or Goodell put out an email saying do not sign him, kaep has a better chance of being a starting qb than winning his case.

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm
Weeman wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 pm The NFL is a business. They should be counter suing Kaep for ruining their brand equity. The NFL is not the right forum for his protests.
I think there are other things that affect the brand image:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

cc texan wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm
Pretty confident they'd be hurting their brand by suing him for that.

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm not arguing in favor of either party suing. I'm only saying that his antics go beyond the his anthem protests.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Max, you keep pointing to his record without harbaugh as of he had an incredible team around him, but the whole 49er organization imploded after harbaugh left, no talent on offense outside of hyde. I find it hard to believe any QB that aren't instant hall of famers that would do significantly better.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

cc texan wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm not arguing in favor of either party suing. I'm only saying that his antics go beyond the his anthem protests.
Well I mean, not standing for the anthem is not an antic. He doesn't have to stand.