Julio Jones Thread: Traded to Tennessee

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Is anyone worried about Julio yet?

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 am He may be following a Calvin Johnson-like career trajectory. It wouldn't shock me if it is over sooner than people expected.
What is this line of thinking based off of? Is it a guess or is there some tangible evidence that supports Just curious. Because, I could say the following and it'd have just about as much merit.

Contrary to his slow start of 2017.. He (Julio Jones) may be following a Jerry Rice - like career trajectory. It wouldn't shock me if he has 8-10 + more years left and his career lasts into his late 30's to early 40's.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

I sold him and Chris thompson for DJ after I wrote off the season. And I coukd not be happier about it. I love Julio to death, I think he is the best WR in the game within a 2 year outlook. But god damn Matt Ryan sucks balls... He has the best WR in the game, and doesn't use him unless Julio is wide open, it infuriating. Julio in the offense as is, is a 11.5 million dollar decoy.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 am He may be following a Calvin Johnson-like career trajectory. It wouldn't shock me if it is over sooner than people expected.
What is this line of thinking based off of? Is it a guess or is there some tangible evidence that supports Just curious. Because, I could say the following and it'd have just about as much merit.
I've heard this theory before and I believe it's b/c Julio always seems to have constant/chronic injuries like Megatron did.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm

meh, Not sure I'd gall it a theory. More of a half court shot than anything. I call it ownership, or lack of ownership bias. Nothing more. This could be applied to nearly every single NFL player regardless position.

It's just a guess based off of arbitrary reasoning. No real merit.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm

I spend most of my football fantasy life worrying about Julio .. whether I own him or not ..

Julio is very boom/bust, luxury guy to own, no one has a higher ceiling, and can single handedly win your match-up that week, understand what he is, and build a team around him with good floors, and hope when you meet your nemesis in your League he goes off for 250 and 3 TDs like only he can do ..

He's a luxury to own .. find good floors around him, don't go after any other boom/bust guys, but target and volume hogs.
@PlankMelody

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:38 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 am If Julio Jones is no longer an automatic start for you, it is more of a reflection of your league's starting requirements and your team's depth than anything else. And, if it is for your team in your sig, depending on required starters, flex players etc, he is an automatic start.

Just saying. I don't think he's fallen quite as far as your take hints at. Walk ... slowly.... back away from the cliff.
I start Hunt, Fournette, Brown and then choose between Shady/Julio/DT. So Julio is not quite auto start in that format, he just is not. Now i would not say DT has been started over him and Shady has had a few rough games, though in ppr the receiving volume is still there. But now with Sanders being hurt on Denver, that may make DT a little more attractive than he would have been. Call it luck, gut feeling, or whatever you may, but the two games i have sat Julio have been the correct choice by a fair margin. So you are correct that it is the starting requirements and depth, but even that was something that just does not feel right. But no, he is not an auto start. I view that as set and forget, he is just not there right now.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Why are we talking about Julio as some boom/bust guy? You guys do realize he was out for most of the game against Buffalo right? His worst game outside of that was the first game when he put up 4-66-0. That paces out to 64 receptions and 1,056 yards. Are we seriously looking at that as some sort of terrible floor? This week he put up 6-72 which paces out to 96 receptions and 1,152 yards. Come on... This is nonsense. The only bad part right now is his lack of TDs and it's not like Atlanta isn't scoring.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:27 pm Why are we talking about Julio as some boom/bust guy? You guys do realize he was out for most of the game against Buffalo right? His worst game outside of that was the first game when he put up 4-66-0. That paces out to 64 receptions and 1,056 yards. Are we seriously looking at that as some sort of terrible floor? This week he put up 6-72 which paces out to 96 receptions and 1,152 yards. Come on... This is nonsense. The only bad part right now is his lack of TDs and it's not like Atlanta isn't scoring.
I mean, boom/bust might be the wrong term but he certainly has a ton of bad-average games, at least as of late. He never seems to score many td's so those average games are just that. Exceedingly average. Last season he put up yardage totals of 16, 29, 29, 35, 60 all without td's. He was also out for 2 games. That's at least 7 games (nearly half the season) where you probably didn't get even average WR production from Julio. As a Julio owner in 1 league, it was quite frustrating and he gave me zilch in the playoffs too. Traded him away this offseason and not regretting that one bit so far.

As for Julio being out most of the game b/c he was hurt, I mean that's just par for the course these days with him. You can't just discount those games because they are to be expected at this point.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm

I guess the good thing is that Quinn knows and acknowledges Julio needs to be more involved. So I am guessing he talks to the OC/Ryan about it. When they feed Julio, they win.

With a juicy matchup against the Pats coming, it could be the bounce back game he needs.

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm I guess the good thing is that Quinn knows and acknowledges Julio needs to be more involved. So I am guessing he talks to the OC/Ryan about it. When they feed Julio, they win.

With a juicy matchup against the Pats coming, it could be the bounce back game he needs.
Last edited by 95dent on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 pm I guess the good thing is that Quinn knows and acknowledges Julio needs to be more involved. So I am guessing he talks to the OC/Ryan about it. When they feed Julio, they win.

Saw plenty of 'juicy' predictions before he played the Phins at home too.

All comes down to volume, he's had double digit targets once this season, he used to be a lock most weeks for 10+. Both Hooper and Gabriel saw more ball than him this week.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 am

Production among WRs league-wide has been down this year so far.

Julio's fine. The Falcons losing two in a row with tepid offensive production should light a fire under the coaching-staff to get Julio back to his customary ways. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get double-digit targets next week.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am

I traded Julio away this year for Pryor and Wentz. He's SO over rated. He disappears for games and always had some sort of ailment. He's over valued so I cashed in. Not regretting it one bit. I live in Philly and am still pinching myself I got Wentz forever!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:41 am

no

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am

jtsmalls wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am I traded Julio away this year for Pryor and Wentz. He's SO over rated. He disappears for games and always had some sort of ailment. He's over valued so I cashed in. Not regretting it one bit. I live in Philly and am still pinching myself I got Wentz forever!!
That's a really bad trade and you're bragging about it? Unless you're in a 2 QB/Superflex league Wentz isn't really worth that much, and Pryor has declined much more than Julio this season.