Carlos Hyde to Minnesota?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Rockytop85
Rookie
Rookie

Carlos Hyde to Minnesota?

Postby Rockytop85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Saw this rumor today on Reddit, have seen several rumors that he's being traded. Sort of makes sense for Vikes as he's a half-year rental. Three questions came to mind:

WTF is Shanahan doing? They were talking about extending him two weeks ago. Most bipolar team in NFL?

Am I bad at evaluating RBs? Hyde seems like a good-not-great NFL RB. I think he's better than Ajayi and Miller, probably better than Abdullah and 2017 Lynch, definitely better than anything in Seattle, Baltimore, New York and better than Rob and Perine in WAS. He seems much better than 185lb Breida with the exception of last week.

Will this actually help me as a Hyde owner? I own Breida too, but don't expect anything out of Breida, honestly. He'll be like Paul Perkins, imo. Just concerned Hyde ends up in another timeshare with McKinnon.
10 team .5 PPR, 14 keepers, 18 roster spots + 1 IR;
Starters: 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 Flex.
QB: G. Smith, D. Watson
RB: B. Hall, E. Mitchell, C. Edmonds, M. Carter, K. Herbert, Z. White, E. Benjamin
WR: J. Chase, M. Brown, DJ Moore, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, E. Moore, R. Bateman, J. Palmer, R. Doubs, K. Shakir
TE: Pitts

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Carlos Hyde to Minnesota?

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:37 pm

It's rare this type of trade happens, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it....
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm

You can't predict the NFL. Never buy into crappy online speculation about trades.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Rockytop85 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

WTF is Shanahan doing? They were talking about extending him two weeks ago. Most bipolar team in NFL?
Trying to drive his price up.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 pm

He's reportedly on the block but his potential landing spot is purely speculative at this point. He only has one year left on his rookie contract so I don't think they're going to get much in return if they do trade him, but by the some token the 49ers aren't close to contending this year so getting something in return for him would make sense. It's more of a reflection on the state of the team than it is on Hyde's talent. I think he's a decent back too.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 pm

49ers are 0-5 and they have a new regime with no connection to most of the veteran players on the roster. Lynch/Shanahan probably want to see "their guys" play.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm

I doubt hes back with the Niners. To me T Coleman is going there in my opinion.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm

As a Minnesota native and fan, I'd love to see this happen. I don't understand how anybody can talk down on Carlos. San Francisco probably is upset that there are too many teams in Cali and are seeing if they can get bad enough to just get kicked out of the league.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Maybe it's because I own him in several leagues but I think a trade will be very helpful to his outlook. As much as I would hate it IRL as a Cowboys fan, Hyde to Philadelphia makes a ton of sense and would make them a very strong contender to make it to the SB and I think would be great for Hyde, fantasy wise too. I don't think Minnesota would do it, just because that's all it would be, a half year rental because they already have their guy in Cook, so you never know but I don't see that happening.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Rockytop85 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm Saw this rumor today on Reddit, have seen several rumors that he's being traded.
That kinda tells you everything you need to know about the validity of this specific rumor...

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 pm

I saw this thread earlier, but with it being referenced from Reddit I questioned it, but I did find some reports on it.

" The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly considering trade possibilities for running back Carlos Hyde. On Saturday, Benjamin Allbright of Mile High Sports Radio noted the Niners have "received and made calls" about their leading rusher.". http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2738 ... ng-star-rb

"This news comes a week after it was reported that the 49ers and Hyde had begun contract extension talks. The 49ers are in the middle of a massive ground up rebuild that started in the front office. Hyde is arguably the best player they have on offense, and he also carries the most return in the trade market. It seems as if the 49ers are content in cutting all ties to the previous regime regardless of talent or potential to build around". http://www.brunoboys.net/index.php/entr ... the-49ers-

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 am

So does anyone know what's up with Joe Williams?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:36 am

DJB wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm I doubt hes back with the Niners. To me T Coleman is going there in my opinion.
Isn't Coleman in ATL through '18? I agree that Hyde probably is done in SF though. It would make sense given how this situation has played out. We hadn't heard a peep out of SF that would lead us to believe that Hyde was returning next season until last week. That's when news surfaced that the 49ers and Hyde were discussing a potential extension. It's a bit ironic that Hyde gets 5 carries and gets benched the very next game after the first rumors of a potential extension that we've heard. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided they're not re-signing Hyde and then scaled back his workload in hopes of keeping him healthy long enough to try to trade him. I don't put scenarios like that past any NFL team.

It makes sense from the 49ers standpoint to trade Hyde if you know you aren't bringing him back. The team isn't going anywhere this season (obviously), so you may as well move him and get something rather than letting him walk. They could be in line for some type of compensatory pick, but I haven't a clue how that works or what they could expect for Hyde.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 am

Now, I'm going to have to sleep on the question of if I should roll with Breida in lieu of Hyde today, as the 49ers may be trying to protect Hyde from an injury. That is not too far out there, after all, the 49ers did work Breida into more than half of the work load in Week 5: Breida had 10 carries to Hyde's 8 carries; and Breida had 5 targets to Hyde's 1 target. I know they said hot hand, blah blah, blah, but it is not like coaches are always honest in what they say.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 am

AussieMate wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 am So does anyone know what's up with Joe Williams?
He was IR'd with an ankle injury a week or so before the season started and I haven't heard anything since. I assumed he was done for the year.

If Hyde is traded, don't forget about one of the dynasty community's rookie season darlings; Jeremy McNichols. He landed on the 49ers PS after being cut by TB, and he could find his way onto the active roster if Hyde is gone.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U