Week 6 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Week 6 Discussion

Postby steelman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:17 pm Apparently Martavis Bryant is asking to be traded.

Please let that happen something weird is going on in Pittsburgh.
There's nothing weird going on, Ben is simply all but done as an NFL QB. Father time has caught up to him. He can't hit deep routes anymore and even some of the shorter stuff is sailing on him. Ben can't hit Bryant on the routes he had no problems hitting 2 years ago when Bryant put up good numbers.

I agree, Bryant being traded would be good for him.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Marshawn Lynch had 4 carries for 29 yards in their first 5 plays from scrimmage, against one of if not the worst run D in football, then they inexplicably damn near abandon the run in a game that was close all the way in favor of throwing every down with their QB who has a broken back (spinal).

The playcaller is a moron.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:01 pm

So did we see Orleans Darkwa become a legit fantasy asset for the rest of the season tonight, or was it just a mirage?

Does he keep this touch-share going forward? He was already the nominal starter last week and again this week.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm

I buy Sammy this off-season, Cooper last week & both are killing me for production. They are in a rough slump.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Weeman wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm I buy Sammy this off-season, Cooper last week & both are killing me for production. They are in a rough slump.
Those guys are in something beyond a slump. If you're expecting anything from either at this point, you might be in trouble. I bought Sammy in numerous leagues this year and he's killing me, so I'm benching him moving forward.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm

[quote=scorpion post_id=1346156
But, but, but... forum posters and courts know better than NFL talent scouts and their entirety of knowledge and team fit. Nonsense. Seriously. If he was in Jacksonville, he could be smashed on his first drop back and be out for the season with a broken collarbone, and yes he did look awful in his last season too. Who deserves to get paid because of a maybe or could have? Freakin' bread and circuses.
[/quote]

But, but, but.. What about the many NFL players that have said that he is good enough to play in the NFL.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scorpion » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm [quote=scorpion post_id=1346156
But, but, but... forum posters and courts know better than NFL talent scouts and their entirety of knowledge and team fit. Nonsense. Seriously. If he was in Jacksonville, he could be smashed on his first drop back and be out for the season with a broken collarbone, and yes he did look awful in his last season too. Who deserves to get paid because of a maybe or could have? Freakin' bread and circuses.
But, but, but.. What about the many NFL players that have said that he is good enough to play in the NFL.
[/quote]

So that's the extent of your argument? His stats showed that he was not performing well the last time time he played, but because some of his peers say he's good enough means he should be at the helm of an NFL team? We all have friends (I hope) that would go to bat bat for us when it comes down to keeping our job (even if you're failing at it). But at the end of the day stats and measurables don't lie, whether they be actual performance, fit for the team, rankings, sales, attendance, what-ever-the-bleep, it should be left to team management and NOT the courts to decide whether he should be an active QB or not... OR get paid for the "slight".
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Weeman wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm I buy Sammy this off-season, Cooper last week & both are killing me for production. They are in a rough slump.
Goff just isn't good enough yet to reliably feed his WRs in fantasy. McVay is salvaging his career, but it's still a work in progress. The other issue is that McVay has Goff spread the ball to everyone, not allowing any one receiver to be a true target hog. He did the same thing in Washington, of course.

At this rate, Watkins probably won't re-sign with LA after this season because he wants to be a guy getting 10 targets a week, and that's just not gonna happen in LA with him playing the former D-Jax role in McVay's offense. As for Kupp, his future is bright, as he's on pace for a respectable 55-740-6 rookie-year, and already getting 85% of the offense's snaps, unusual for a rookie. He's just not a year-one fantasy stud, obviously.

Like the other guy said, if you're counting on either of them to help you in a major way this year, you're almost certainly SOL.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 pm

I was at the Jaguars vs Rams games today. Few random notes/thoughts:

•The opening kick off return for a TD by the Rams followed up by the Jags opening offensive play being a 75 yard Fournette TD run was really, really cool to see live. They announced it was the first time in Super Bowl era that two TDs were scored in the first 25 seconds? Crowd was on the edge of their seats after that start.

Fournette is elite. Period (although that ankle injury towards the end of the game looked bad? Or at least the way he collapsed while trying to get off the field looked bad)

•I tried to watch Watkins the most. He looked good to me and was open often, but it doesn't seem like Goff progressives far beyond whoever the first read is/wherever the play is designed to go. Without seeing their passing stats and just watching the game, I don't think there's anything wrong with Watkins. The offense seems to work well when they scheme their first read is open, but crumbles if the defense manages to take that option away.

•Both defensives have the potential to me amongst the best in the NFL within another year or two in my opinion. Especially the Jags. They have some serious talent accumulating on that side of the ball.

Marqise Lee showed flashes of why many had him as the #1 Devy prospect at one point, but usually followed those flashes up with an equal amount of inconsistencies/mistakes.

Chris Ivory would probably be fantasy relevant if he didn't have an elite talent working ahead of him. Does anybody know when he becomes an FA again?

•The Jaguar fans are not fans of Blake Bortles. Even though he sucks, it looks like he has the potential to suck a little less if he wanted to take a step back and reevaluate his approach. It doesn't sound he is a true pro with his prep on and off the field (guy next to me was saying local Jags fans apparently see him out at the bars/clubs a LOT, sometimes even the night before games, and that he can be a cocky/arrogant POS to people at times).

TJ Yeldon? Lost cause or would a change in scenery help here? I didn't think he looked THAT bad when he had his run years 1-2. Healthy inactive again.

•That stadium was incredible. If anybody goes, pay the little extra to sit in their club level sections (levels 1 and 2 between the 40s) so you get access to their lounges with AC, couches/tables, actual restaurants, bars, clean bathrooms, private entrance that goes straight up to your seats, etc. I never once waited in a line when getting a food or drinks, and then won an autographed Marshall Faulk jersey at an auction I happened to pass by on my way back outside during halftime. Great experience.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm seeing a lot of, "Cleveland should have drafted Watson/Trubisky/Wentz/Goff/etc...etc."

And it's just such crap to compare situations in hindsight. Watson goes to a team with 2 solid WR and an established RB, granted Watson has played very well but dependability early on is a huge thing.

Wentz did okay year 1 with what he had, had some problems himself but great OL, relevant WR year 2 and we're seeing it happen.

Goff, growing pains these last few weeks but has played two of the best passing defenses and should have won both games. Again, bolstered OL...solid weapons at WR and RB.

Trubisky....this one is pure wildcard now...Bears OL is good, having Howard as a Bell Cow is good but the WR are terrible. Maybe you can compare CHI + CLE but sway in CHI's favor due to Jordan Howard.

Cleveland revamped their OL, defense is okay but who is Kizer/Hogan (lol) supposed to throw the ball to? Crowell has been a major bust for his ADP so far. Britt's has burned everyone who has owned him again.

Saying that Wentz/Watson and these other successful young QBs would succeed in Cleveland is just so lazy. Yes, you never know what can happen but these kids are put at such a disadvantage from Day 1 in CLE and it has to be insanely difficult to overcome it.

At this point, they just need to play Kizer and see if he can improve, you fed him to the sharks Week 1 and the front office had to know that this (0-6 or more) was a possibility...don't screw around with Hogan or Kessler but Hue has to be scrambling because he knows his time is coming. Also, maybe Hue just isn't that good of a coach? There just doesn't seem to be much progress...I understand their roster is so damn young but still.

Anyone here think that the Browns just need to move and change their logo to rid themselves of this curse?
Last edited by Servo on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 pmChris Ivory would probably be fantasy relevant if he didn't have an elite talent working ahead of him. Does anybody know when he becomes an FA again?
I've been an Ivory dynasty owner for the last five years. In my opinion, he's only a high-upside handcuff for Fournette, nothing more, nothing less. He'll be 30 when the next season starts. He's signed through 2019, but I doubt Jax keeps him that long because paying your backup RB 5-6 million a year is too much. Whenever he gets waived, he'll clear waivers because no one will want to pick up that contract for a 30-32 year old RB, even if he's pretty good.
TJ Yeldon? Lost cause or would a change in scenery help here? I didn't think he looked THAT bad when he had his run years 1-2. Healthy inactive again.
Yeldon is a terrible fit for Marrone and Hackett's offense. They only want power-backs that they can pound up the gut all game. Fournette and Ivory fit that bill, but not Yeldon, who despite his size has always run like a scatback. He needs to be in a Gibbs-type zone rushing offense.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 pm

scorpion wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm
scorpion wrote: But, but, but... forum posters and courts know better than NFL talent scouts and their entirety of knowledge and team fit. Nonsense. Seriously. If he was in Jacksonville, he could be smashed on his first drop back and be out for the season with a broken collarbone, and yes he did look awful in his last season too. Who deserves to get paid because of a maybe or could have? Freakin' bread and circuses.
So that's the extent of your argument? His stats showed that he was not performing well the last time time he played, but because some of his peers say he's good enough means he should be at the helm of an NFL team? We all have friends (I hope) that would go to bat bat for us when it comes down to keeping our job (even if you're failing at it). But at the end of the day stats and measurables don't lie, whether they be actual performance, fit for the team, rankings, sales, attendance, what-ever-the-bleep, it should be left to team management and NOT the courts to decide whether he should be an active QB or not... OR get paid for the "slight".
Because he could have done so much with Jeremy kerley and Vance McDonald as his number one targets and a terrible O-line, on a laughing stalk of a team. I'm not saying he is great, but he is certainly better than all backups except maybe garropol, and better than a hand full of starters.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm Because he could have done so much with Jeremy kerley and Vance McDonald as his number one targets and a terrible O-line, on a laughing stalk of a team. I'm not saying he is great, but he is certainly better than all backups except maybe garropol, and better than a hand full of starters.
I've never really been a fan of Kaep, but this is my sentiment as well. He had literally nothing on offense that last year with a garbage HC who bombed out in two jobs.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 am

why any sympathy for kaep he really isn't that good - much like RG3 a gimmicky qb that the league caught up to , and unless you have a team that is a serious contender why would any owner/coach want the circus that will tag along with him. People will say green bay but that team isn't very good; rodgers is so great he masks how incredibly mediocre they have become . Hundley will get pressured and panned by the experts but virtually anyone in that system would look unfit besides rodgers .

Kaep is looking to recoup the cash he gave away because he wanted out of san fran I say tough **** pal now go away . Anyone who has been around this sight knows I lean heavily in favor of the players (& away from the billionaire owners) whose blood sweat and long term health they sacrifice for our enjoyment but not this time . Kaep is a blight on the reputation of the other players and were the union managed better than a travelling carnival they would quickly and soundly distance itself from this pariah .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:14 am

Kaz wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm Because he could have done so much with Jeremy kerley and Vance McDonald as his number one targets and a terrible O-line, on a laughing stalk of a team. I'm not saying he is great, but he is certainly better than all backups except maybe garropol, and better than a hand full of starters.
I've never really been a fan of Kaep, but this is my sentiment as well. He had literally nothing on offense that last year with a garbage HC who bombed out in two jobs.
He just didn't look good at all. He's good enough to have a job, but not good enough to do anything with it.