Other
2%

Total votes: 65

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Most fair waiver process

Postby Valhalla » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 am

Pix wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:41 am Firstly, I agree with everything Valhalla said.

Secondly, we're only talking about players whose value increases suddenly due to injury or whatever, because we're all good enough to pick up our sleepers a week or two before they break out, aren't we?

I like the idea of auctions as they give everyone a chance at every free agent. I'm OK with giving weaker teams more $FAAB but getting the earlier drafts picks seems enough of an advantage to me.

But wouldn't it be great if we could do semi-open auctions, rather like eBay? That is:
You enter your maximum bid and the system handles the bidding.
The winning bid is $1 more than the second highest bid.
Everyone can see what the current winning bid is.

For example, for those who don't do eBay auctions:
Team A enters $10 maximum for Bryce Petty.
It's the first bid, so the system bids $1. Everyone can see that the highest bid is $1.
Team B then enters $6 maximum for Bryce Petty.
The system raises Team A's bid to $7. Everyone can see that the highest bid is $7.
Team C then enters $15 maximum for Bryce Petty.
As Team A's maximum bid is $10, the system enters a bid of $11 by Team C. Everyone can see that the highest bid is $11.
The auction ends, and Team C wins Bryce Petty for $11.

Various auction settings could be adaptable, and yes it would have all the same disadvantages as Blind Bid auctions.
MFL allows for this. I like it.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am

in one of my leagues we run the "waivers" in a non-blind bidding war. the only issue I have is it shows the team who placed the bid. if you have a savvy owner in the league it makes other owners aware of the player being bid on. which is fair IMO, it just bothers me because I will get sniped just because it's me who is bidding on a guy. after Thursdays bidding closes, it is first come first served which I like because I just stopped placing bids on guys (in order to not skyline myself) and take advantage of the immediate acquisition.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am in one of my leagues we run the "waivers" in a non-blind bidding war. the only issue I have is it shows the team who placed the bid. if you have a savvy owner in the league it makes other owners aware of the player being bid on. which is fair IMO, it just bothers me because I will get sniped just because it's me who is bidding on a guy. after Thursdays bidding closes, it is first come first served which I like because I just stopped placing bids on guys (in order to not skyline myself) and take advantage of the immediate acquisition.
On MFL too? I like the off-season "open auction" that we do
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 am

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 am
ImaRounder wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am in one of my leagues we run the "waivers" in a non-blind bidding war. the only issue I have is it shows the team who placed the bid. if you have a savvy owner in the league it makes other owners aware of the player being bid on. which is fair IMO, it just bothers me because I will get sniped just because it's me who is bidding on a guy. after Thursdays bidding closes, it is first come first served which I like because I just stopped placing bids on guys (in order to not skyline myself) and take advantage of the immediate acquisition.
On MFL too? I like the off-season "open auction" that we do
that particular league is on fantrax.

I like our offseason too, its a lot of fun