Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerrick McKinnon

Postby Valhalla » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm

joeylitz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm Did I convince you?
Nope

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm
Nope
Ha. Not you. The other guy
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Im just hoping he starts hot, and I can flip him for something nice. I like the physical ability, if he looks really good, like truly a potential bell cow.... I'll let someone else have him and I will take a chance on a more blue chip player.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:02 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm Im just hoping he starts hot, and I can flip him for something nice. I like the physical ability, if he looks really good, like truly a potential bell cow.... I'll let someone else have him and I will take a chance on a more blue chip player.
I have no problem rolling him out with confidence in a ppr. Minny's not going to pound the ball with Murray. They may try but... His skill set is the closest to Cook's and will be used as such. I'm not concerned with his first year or two. Sometimes it takes players time to just play and react instead of trying to think first. I may well be wrong, time will tell. In the meantime, in leagues where I've lost my top 2 or 3 RBs, he's a godsend. It would take a very nice offer to dislodge him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:35 pm

joeylitz wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm
Valhalla wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm
Nope
Ha. Not you. The other guy
No, but I get where you're coming from now. The focus on fantasy footbalk vs real football is probably something where I lack. I struggle to like guys that look like bums even when they're producing.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am

Just watch his tape from last week. 3 major take aways.

1) This dude has some juice in his legs, my god! Fast, strong, hits the hole hard and fast as seen on a few of his runs. Falls forward most of the time (more on this later)

2) He is a good reliable receiver out of the backfield, he caught some ugly balls

3) Runs super upright when in open space, and doesn't have much elusiveness for a guy his weight, you'd expect a guy with his style (power) to be 220-230, but he is around 205-210. He gets T'd up for this a few times.

4) Probably the most important. AWFUL vision. This guy take a beating when he is in the open field because he doesn't see guys that aren't square in front of him, then he runs upright like a sprinter, then gets demolished by a guy coming in at an angle. He misses holes and doesn't always go into the open space when in the second level, but at least pushes the pile for a few extra yards but likely could have made a better play.

All in all I like his athleticism, his skill is basically a 0 except for catching. It'll take time and work but he could learn the nuances of being a RB and bulk up. He has upside.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:59 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 am Just watch his tape from last week. 3 major take aways.

1) This dude has some juice in his legs, my god! Fast, strong, hits the hole hard and fast as seen on a few of his runs. Falls forward most of the time (more on this later)

2) He is a good reliable receiver out of the backfield, he caught some ugly balls

3) Runs super upright when in open space, and doesn't have much elusiveness for a guy his weight, you'd expect a guy with his style (power) to be 220-230, but he is around 205-210. He gets T'd up for this a few times.

4) Probably the most important. AWFUL vision. This guy take a beating when he is in the open field because he doesn't see guys that aren't square in front of him, then he runs upright like a sprinter, then gets demolished by a guy coming in at an angle. He misses holes and doesn't always go into the open space when in the second level, but at least pushes the pile for a few extra yards but likely could have made a better play.

All in all I like his athleticism, his skill is basically a 0 except for catching. It'll take time and work but he could learn the nuances of being a RB and bulk up. He has upside.
I can tell you this: his vision is WAY better than Latavius'. It's the department where Cook had him bested, though. Cook seems to have elite vision and found all the openings with what looked like ease. McKinnon doesn't quite have that, but I wouldn't say his vision is "awful." I would say that about his competition, however.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mD-vQ6U5os

0:23 (Replay of the second play) He could have cut to the left and up towards the pylon where the open space was, but he kept running straight forward where there was no room

0:56 (First kick off return of the day) The is a huge gaping wide hole to his right, but McKinnon keeps his eyes forward, does even look in the direction of the opening, and gets stopped in the scrum

1:46 (Second kick off of the day, he fumbles) There is about a 4-5 yard gap once McKinnon hits the 15 yard line he could cut up field and be in a 1 on 1 with Jackson (#39), but he doesn't look around, keeps his eyes forward, runs straight for the pile

2:20 (TD play) He does a good job of following the blocks, cuts it up field, hits the hole like a train, takes it for the TD

3:00 (Takes an outside run for a nice gain) Does a good job of weaving in and out of traffic, I want to see more of this

3:20 (Inside run) Finds the hole that is right infront of him, hits it hard and gets a nice gain

3:29 (See 3:20)

3:47 (great vision and patience on this play) Takes an inside handoff, hesitates a bit since there is no opening, jump cut to his left, see a gap, blasts through, need more of this out of him

That is my super noob analysis of how he ran last week. Does great when the daylight is right infront of his face, but if he has to glance over to the side with his eyes, or turn his head a bit, I doubt he finds the hole. I guess I'd say he doesn't seem instinctual yet, too focused on what is right infront of him to notices the stuff in his peripherals. Sometimes awful, sometimes good.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 am

Thought I'd resurrect this thread.

I watched his carries and catches from the Green Bay game. I am still selling him for early second/any first. But I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turns out to be legit. Supremely athletic, often looks like the fastest accelerating, and fastest in general on the field. Decent size, good at catching, looks like he hits warp drive right when he gets the ball in his hands, despite being a lighter running back his speed and strength make him a decent goal line back (this dude knocks D-linemen back regularly). Only hold up is his skill as a running back ie. finding lanes, where to go once he hits the second level (both of which have improved since the Chicago game), making people miss with lateral movement (not just speed and running them over), ball security (hasn't been a problem in the past, but has been recently).

One thing to note in regards to his lack of skill as a running back, this is his fifth year as a traditional RB, the only time he has gotten consistent rushes and not stuck in a time share with a JAG or behind an all time great/soon to be stud was his Jr.* & Sr. year in college where he got 1800 and 1050 yards in 14 and 10 games respectively. So this dude is as raw as a skinned knee. I think he may be finally coming into his own as a runner, and these reps (something he hasn't gotten much of) are SUUUUUPER valuable to his progression as a running back.

Im excited to see what he does vs. the Ravens, who have a formidable defense, but have given up sixth most Fantasy points to RBs.

* In his junior year he was a QB read option guy (the whole team had ~50 passing attempts combined), he was only used as a traditional RB in his Sr. Year. So as a traditional RB he has only ~600 carries to his name, only once being the lead back (until now).
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:30 am

Ive bought him in 4 leagues over the past 3 weeks, been able to get him for as little as a random 2nd and as expensive as a late 1st in 1 league. I like his athletic profile,lateral quickness and speed, also a great pass catcher. With limited touches at this point in his career he is a free agent next year and im banking on him landing a starting spot somewhere in the NFL.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 am

I’m starting to feel like I was so wrong about him
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:51 am

joeylitz wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 am I’m starting to feel like I was so wrong about him
He was looking great against the Browns. Pretty disappointed I dropped him to get a bye week fill in early in the season and someone grabbed him. Clearly should've axed Booker or Prosise.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm

What're the odds he's still got value next season? I have to think that Cook is still the starter when healthy, but I believe McKinnon is a UFA after this season. Seems likely that if he keeps this up someone will offer him a bigger role.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Figures. Hold him for 2 years... drop him after Cooks gets drafted, and then he gets snagged before I can pick him back up. And yes, he's an UFA next year. It will be interested to seeing where he ends up...
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 pm

He's producing nicely. I'd be selling for a late 1st, early 2nd if I could get that out of an owner.