Ty Montgomery job security?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Ty Montgomery job security?

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

Knee jerk reactions

By that I mean we are trying to look for a direct connection or cause / effect - based off of a very small sample size (little more than one game) that will give us as a dynasty community a definitive label for TY, AJ, and or JW. All we really do know is that 1. this is ARod's team and they'll likely lean on the passing game for foreseeable future, so blocking skills are important here 2. Not one single back is really talented enough to take on bell cow rb duties, 3. We have not seen enough of A.Jones to be truly too high on him. For those that are, - good for them, but, it is based off of wishful thinking, or ownership bias most likely.

S0 - one nice game by a young rb - to a speculation on roles of 3 individual players going forward - to me is "knee jerk". It happens a lot when we try to sift through the rb landscape around this time of year. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 am

Speculation is the name of the game in dynasty. We speculate on how a college drafty will perform in the NFL... this is no different, other than the player we are speculating about has actually put a good game on the NFL field. One certainty is that it could've gone much worse and none of us would be talking about Aaron Jones if it had.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 pm

I was enjoying/needing the production I was getting from Ty and I also own Jones. This situation is going to be a mess for a few weeks and even after the dust settles, I'm going to be left guessing which to start.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 am

joeylitz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 pm I was enjoying/needing the production I was getting from Ty and I also own Jones. This situation is going to be a mess for a few weeks and even after the dust settles, I'm going to be left guessing which to start.
Im in the exact same situation. I dont think either is startable if they split. I think its a good time to sell this package for 1 of those buy low WRs that are so talked about these days
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Zero mention that Jones got to run behind a healthy O-line with a YBC over 3 against an awful Cowboys team while Montgomery was constantly running behind a wounded o-line with a YBC of 1.6 I believe. Jones is a nice RB, great college career, of course he looked good against the Cowboys. Most people do.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 am

I think it's all a moot point now. I don't want to start anyone on the Packers' roster with Rodgers out. I may feel confident about starting them later in the season, but I'm going to need to see some consistency first. I'll still start Jordy and probably Adams because I'll be hard pressed to find better options, but I'm not loving it. Definitely don't "want" to start either of the RBs.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 am I think it's all a moot point now. I don't want to start anyone on the Packers' roster with Rodgers out. I may feel confident about starting them later in the season, but I'm going to need to see some consistency first. I'll still start Jordy and probably Adams because I'll be hard pressed to find better options, but I'm not loving it. Definitely don't "want" to start either of the RBs.
I guess I'm interested to see how it plays out. I could see Hundley dumping off to Montgomery a lot making Ty valuable as a flex or RB2 in a PPR
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08: