Justin Hardy - a wise week 6 pickup?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Justin Hardy - a wise week 6 pickup?

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 pm

With Sanu likely out and Julio hobbled, potentially functioning as mostly a decoy, any chance Hardy steps up and has some value (at least for a week or 2)?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Justin Hardy - a wise week 6 pickup?

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 pm

I don't think so .. just finished watching that second half this morning with Julio and Sanu out, the 2nd half, they went more to slant flat routes to Coleman and Freeman,

and over the middle to Nick Williams, and Hooper .. They still took deep shots with Gabriel, 4 of them actually, but missed on all 4

Hardy was targeted 5 times in the 2nd half but only ended up with one reception for 3 yards .. If ATL is forced to play without Julio and Sanu, I'd suspect a run heavy game plan and heavy inside game, to Hooper .. with Deep shots on wheel routes to Coleman and Gabriel ..

Any way you look at it, I don't think Justin Hardy is the guy .. but go with your gut .. just 1 catch for 3 yards in the half REALLY didn't inspire any confidence for me ..even if it was a TD :P
@PlankMelody

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Only watched part of the game live, so thank you for the detail here. My thought is if he had 5 targets in the 2nd half with these two out, maybe he has 10 targets for the game? In that case, he would be worth a look at least.

Nick Williams too.

I also understand that his TD is a bit of an aberration, as he isn't really a serious endzone threat.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Well he also drew a Defensive pass interference call too, Tre White was all over his back .. same drive he got the TD, so they looked at him twice in the red zone there ..

Either way I think its a boom/bust pray for a TD play ..
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Think Ryan depended on Nick Williams more, he made a great diving catch on 4th and 4 which kept their last drive alive and also got a DEF holding penalty where he was leaving the slot corner who just flat out tackled him .. but there was also the play where a pass went off his fingertips and was intercepted by Micah Hyde..

But like I mentioned it would be the inside game I'd look to, which is where Nick lined up mostly, if Hardy is on the outside he'd see the better corners ..

So, I dunno ..
@PlankMelody

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

I absolutely loved Hardy's ECU tape and like his chances as a complimentary WR in Atlanta, I'd take him over about 4 of your rostered RBs alone
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat