Tyler Kroft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Tyler Kroft

Postby M-Dub » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 am

Kinda surprised there wasn’t already a thread started about him. What do you guys make of his week 4 explosion? Outlier or breakout? Worth a speculative add? I’d probably drop Decker for him, assuming I even win the bid.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyler Kroft

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 am

Outlier.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am

CIN offense uses the TE. Value will be there until/whenever Eifert makes it back. But yeah the 2 TDs is an outlier IMO.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am

Outlier. Cleveland hemmorages points to the TE position. If ASJ is available then start and grab him instead since they playing CLE
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:11 am

Looking back at the production between Kroft and Ozomah (particularly the former) when Eifert has missed time tell the story. This was an anomaly. Literally.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:38 am

Scheme .. CIN with their poor offensive tackles rely heavily on their inside game which in this case was Kroft, with CLE playing Peppers so deep all the time it kind of weakens them along the seams/middle of the field often .. with the quick passing game a necessity he was open quite a bit vs CLE and that blitzing defense ..
@PlankMelody

bbird2013
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bbird2013 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Probably an outlier, but he will have value as long as him and the other Tyler are on the same team due to the other one always being injured. This is Kroft's third year, which is usually the year that a TE will start to break out. He was a 3rd round pick and mildly touted as a good receiving TE in the 2015. Interesting read from a couple of years ago from Matt Waldman of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio: https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/10/11/f ... ler-kroft/

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scorpion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Outlier
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:34 pm

I should note that BUF is also playing their Safeties deep and their LB's are playing aggressive at the line of scrimmage, so teams playing BUF are going to have more success with their inside game too, Slot WR's, TE's ..

BUF however are keeping people out of the end zone ..
@PlankMelody

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 am

I disagree with the consensus here. I am not sure breakout is the word, but when I look at Kroft I see a young guy in year 3 with Eifert injury prone and not yet under contract for next year. Might snag yourself a 24-year-old average production level 2018 starting tight end for free, with a flier on him. Depending on league depth that isn't a terrible thing to have on the end of your bench.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 am

dynasty12 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 am I disagree with the consensus here. I am not sure breakout is the word, but when I look at Kroft I see a young guy in year 3 with Eifert injury prone and not yet under contract for next year. Might snag yourself a 24-year-old average production level 2018 starting tight end for free, with a flier on him. Depending on league depth that isn't a terrible thing to have on the end of your bench.
x2 :clap: :clap:

Not saying he is elite, but for an offense that uses TE you could do worse.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am

Now that we know for a fact Eifert is out for the year after his 3rd back surgery I'm quite intrigued at the opportunity before Kroft. His measurables were certainly on par for an NFL TE and people seem to overlook the fact that Cincinnati spent a 3rd round pick on this kid. An investment that high with a 1st rounder (Eifert) already on your team screams insurance policy to me. He's already put together a couple decent games and will essentially have the rest of the year to audition for the job going forward. Perhaps he does well enough to cause the Bengals to simply cash in their policy and go with him next year as well. Third year breakout season could be in store. Opportunity plus cheap price equals a sneaky buy to me.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am

He could become the next Cameron Brate. Not flashy, but useful.

Eifert's back issues have to be concerning for his prospects moving forward. Cincy may just choose to move on from him at this point, and Kroft will have 2017 to show how he fits in with the offense. No guarantees, but you certainly could do worse with end-of-bench stashes.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 am

He was a well thought of prospect just a few years ago and now the situation is golden.

I expect 5/50 with the occasional TD. I'm pumped to own him in two TE premiums.