All Pro
All Pro

Re: Aaron Jones

Postby captain howdy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Jpalladino91 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 am
captain howdy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm
Jpalladino91 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Jones and Hunt.

Sparq also said that Hunt's comparable was Crowell though, so I guess I'll just start Crowell every week waiting for those 40 fantasy pt games.

Uh, no.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kareem-hunt/ comp is Crowell. What did I miss?

All I'm saying is just because they profile similar I wouldn't start comparing Jones to Hunt, though I did think Jones looked good.
Team situation and hands for one.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 pm

The only way one can comp Crowell to Hunt is if one doesn't actually watch either of them play football. At any point.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 pm

With Rodgers out, looks like there are no winners.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 am

Vikings defense looked very good yesterday. Tough to expect a lot of production out of Jones yesterday. Slightly off topic as far as A.Jones is concerned but, As a Vikings fan, I don't feel bad for the Packers and the A.Rogers injury. As a human being, sure, I feel bad Rogers got hurt. I don't wish injury on any player ever. But... in reality, They really have been an anomaly as far as their Qb play and Qb health over a very long stretch of time - 7 total games missed of 13 years for ARod or something like that and prior to him, Favre. So, statistically, the situation was bound to trend back to the mean.... Although it hurts me just a bit in a fantasy perspective, as i own some stocks in Jordy and D.Adams, This Monday morning.... I'm quite happy as of now, I firmly believe The Vikings have the inside track to winning the NFC North and just have to worry about the Lions, and - I won't have to listen to cheese heads at work bragging up their team today. Now, today, the Packers and their fans are reminded about how many fans and teams feel as it pertains to qb play and uncertainties with the qb position ie; (Cleveland, NYJ, Chicago, Minnesota,Indianapolis, Miami, Jacksonville, etc, etc).

I guess I just don't see the Packer Defense, O-line, and skilled position players being enough to be able to produce at a high level without the Rogers effect. So, obviously, this injury will have a very large negative effect on the consistency of all packers in fantasy as well.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 am

Well he's officially a hold for now . Rodgers injury limits his trade value for this season.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 am Vikings defense looked very good yesterday. Tough to expect a lot of production out of Jones yesterday. Slightly off topic as far as A.Jones is concerned but, As a Vikings fan, I don't feel bad for the Packers and the A.Rogers injury. As a human being, sure, I feel bad Rogers got hurt. I don't wish injury on any player ever. But... in reality, They really have been an anomaly as far as their Qb play and Qb health over a very long stretch of time - 7 total games missed of 13 years for ARod or something like that and prior to him, Favre. So, statistically, the situation was bound to trend back to the mean.... Although it hurts me just a bit in a fantasy perspective, as i own some stocks in Jordy and D.Adams, This Monday morning.... I'm quite happy as of now, I firmly believe The Vikings have the inside track to winning the NFC North and just have to worry about the Lions, and - I won't have to listen to cheese heads at work bragging up their team today. Now, today, the Packers and their fans are reminded about how many fans and teams feel as it pertains to qb play and uncertainties with the qb position ie; (Cleveland, NYJ, Chicago, Minnesota,Indianapolis, Miami, Jacksonville, etc, etc).

I guess I just don't see the Packer Defense, O-line, and skilled position players being enough to be able to produce at a high level without the Rogers effect. So, obviously, this injury will have a very large negative effect on the consistency of all packers in fantasy as well.
I'm with you. I think Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy should take some heat for not being able to build a team that can function without Rodgers. The defense is not strong, the o-line is weak. They've had the luxury of Rodgers for years and have not been able to make the most of his talents. Rodgers excellent play has masked their weaknesses.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 am

Yeah.

I mean, as a Vikings fan, I've seen too much of Rogers. I personally respect his ability a ton and feel he is easily a top 3 Qb in the NFL.

I just think, if the Vikings had him.... man, we'd have had a run! Who knows, given our track record, the vikings may sign Aaron Rogers in about 5-6 years. lol.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 am Yeah.

I mean, as a Vikings fan, I've seen too much of Rogers. I personally respect his ability a ton and feel he is easily a top 3 Qb in the NFL.

I just think, if the Vikings had him.... man, we'd have had a run! Who knows, given our track record, the vikings may sign Aaron Rogers in about 5-6 years. lol.
As a Bears fan, I'm f***ing sick of the guy.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Aaron Jones

Postby Balzac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:41 am

What are opinions on his recent success. I haven't been able to watch the last two weeks as much as I like, so I haven't really seen him play. Is he for real or just a hot hand who will soon be rotating with Ty?
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 am

Id like to know this as well. Can I get a price check? Or is it too early for that?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am

Voted "real deal" but in a bit of a mixture with "taking advantage" because I think his opportunity would not have come quite as soon had Montgomery been healthy all year. I was about as "anti" Montgomery as anyone this off season and was adamant that he was simply a placeholder at the position while the Packers were making best efforts to replace him. I also drafted Aaron Jones expecting him to emerge as the starter on that roster. He's not an elite talent, but this game isn't just about having elite players either. I fully expected what we are seeing now, maybe just not this soon. It's still a little premature to go "all in" on thinking the situation is settled. It isn't like Montgomery is without talent, it's that he's better suited to be catching passes rather than being the primary ball carrier.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am Voted "real deal" but in a bit of a mixture with "taking advantage" because I think his opportunity would not have come quite as soon had Montgomery been healthy all year. I was about as "anti" Montgomery as anyone this off season and was adamant that he was simply a placeholder at the position while the Packers were making best efforts to replace him. I also drafted Aaron Jones expecting him to emerge as the starter on that roster. He's not an elite talent, but this game isn't just about having elite players either. I fully expected what we are seeing now, maybe just not this soon. It's still a little premature to go "all in" on thinking the situation is settled. It isn't like Montgomery is without talent, it's that he's better suited to be catching passes rather than being the primary ball carrier.
Agree on all fronts here. I also think it was only a matter of time until Montgomery got hurt with the touches he was getting, making Jones a value speculative pick. The turn towards Jones as the guy has been quick not just because of how productive he's been but also that they never wanted Montgomery to have to be the long-term RB. He filled in admirably when they had no other options, but now that they have a more prototypical option producing well, that's gotta be the way moving forward. Montgomery should still play a role in that offense, but they have no reason not to keep riding Jones the rest of the way if he keeps it up. If he does, he could easily be 4th-5th rd ADP this offseason.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 am

Jamal Williams ? When healthy, will be part of this rbbc. Not sure how anyone can say now that they were confident that they were drafting the future starter when they drafted Aaron Jones. Hind site is 20/20. At the time of most drafts, he was a lottery ticket and one of 3 rbs drafted by the Pack from the 2017 class. If the Packers were as confident in him becoming a starter for them, I doubt they draft a rb after him or... before him for that matter.

Odd are - He isn't the long term answer. But, like Skip mentioned, there is still value there and he is what we want to do with our late rookie draft picks. * he could be a role player for many owners as injuries and byes come into play. And... a player doesn't have to be the most talented to produce fantasy points.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am

The kid looks good. Really good.

He is taking advantage of a good situation but is showing his talent at the same time. He deserves to be their lead back and will be leaned on heavily with Hundley there.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 am

Contrary to belief, there were several members on the forum as well as NFL experts that thought Aaron Jones would be the starter in GB, but most everyone thought it would take a year or so. The big knock on Jones was that he didn't know how to effectively pass block and he would take a back seat to Jamaal Williams for awhile. Opportunity came, he took the reigns, and I guess pass blocks well enough (or maybe runs well enough to deal with some developing pass blocking skills) that he took over much earlier than expected.

Guess I'm on board with Skip, real deal but taking advantage of early opportunity.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton