Doug Martin Price Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Doug Martin Price Check

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 pm Traded Latavius and the 1.10 for Doug Martin and the 2.02 right after the NFL draft this year and imo his situation has only gone up, none of the RBs for TB have had too much success over the past couple weeks, at least not enough to steal the job from Martin, and with all the injuries across the league at RB you could definitely sell him for a decent pick to a desperate owner looking to compete
You had the luxury of knowing you had DJ and Melvin Gordon. One elite RB1, and the other a tier or two down. And you also knew it was Montgomery's job to lose in GB. And you made a smart move trading Latavius when you knew Dalvin would be the main RB.

He is looking to start Doug Martin as his RB2. You're looking to flip him as a trade chip.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:26 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:18 pm Josh Gordon can receive IR designation in your league? What does he have? A nosebleed?
You do realize that it's not uncommon for leagues to allow owners to put suspended players on IR, right? Pretty sure it's even part of the default setting for MFL

Safe to assume that cocaine joke went past your head?
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:28 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 pm Traded Latavius and the 1.10 for Doug Martin and the 2.02 right after the NFL draft this year and imo his situation has only gone up, none of the RBs for TB have had too much success over the past couple weeks, at least not enough to steal the job from Martin, and with all the injuries across the league at RB you could definitely sell him for a decent pick to a desperate owner looking to compete
You had the luxury of knowing you had DJ and Melvin Gordon. One elite RB1, and the other a tier or two down. And you also knew it was Montgomery's job to lose in GB. And you made a smart move trading Latavius when you knew Dalvin would be the main RB.

He is looking to start Doug Martin as his RB2. You're looking to flip him as a trade chip.
I'm well aware, doesn't mean I wouldn't start him as an RB2 myself, I have the ability to play the matchup but if I were in a league where I had to start Martin as my second RB it wouldn't bother me at all, especially since you don't have to worry about a bye week with him
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:29 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:26 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:18 pm Josh Gordon can receive IR designation in your league? What does he have? A nosebleed?
You do realize that it's not uncommon for leagues to allow owners to put suspended players on IR, right? Pretty sure it's even part of the default setting for MFL

I got the joke, just didn't see what it had to do with the Doug Martin thread and actually thought you were just confused at first so I thought I'd explain it to you
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:29 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:26 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 pm You do realize that it's not uncommon for leagues to allow owners to put suspended players on IR, right? Pretty sure it's even part of the default setting for MFL

I got the joke, just didn't see what it had to do with the Doug Martin thread and actually thought you were just confused at first so I thought I'd explain it to you
No, I'm good. Why let a good joke go to waste? Someone needs to explain addiction problems to fantasy owners. 28 days of rehab won't cure substance abuse. Josh Gordon will likely never see another NFL snap again. Wasted talent.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:26 pm Safe to assume that cocaine joke went past your head?
No, I'm good. Why let a good joke go to waste? Someone needs to explain addiction problems to fantasy owners. 28 days of rehab won't cure substance abuse. Josh Gordon will likely never see another NFL snap again. Wasted talent.
Wait, he's a coke fiend AND "addicted" to weed? That's news to me. I thought he was just a marijuana lover.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:43 pm

I'd a absolutely buy for a second, probably a 1st.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Wait, he's a coke fiend AND "addicted" to weed? That's news to me. I thought he was just a marijuana lover.
Not trying to turn this into a Gordon thread, but last comment on him from me:

Any addict that decides Johnny Manziel is a great choice as a roommate, will not turn down cocaine at a party.

Anyone who is sitting on $100 million worth of talent and is not willing to change his ways after multiple fines, suspensions, and arrests is an addict. Alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, those are just choices to an addict. It's the same behavior through out. The public has a perception that alcohol and pot is somehow a lesser problem than "harder" drugs. That may be true in a court of law, but not in terms of addiction.

Josh Gordon can't wake up one day and say, "I'm going to stop." He will continue to make improper choices to his health because he is not normal. He is an addict.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:07 pm

^Isn't that why people go to rehab?

Anyways, yes Doug is definitely worth the price. He can come in right away and be a solid RB2. That's valuable for a contender
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:47 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm Not trying to turn this into a Gordon thread, but last comment on him from me:

Any addict that decides Johnny Manziel is a great choice as a roommate, will not turn down cocaine at a party.

Anyone who is sitting on $100 million worth of talent and is not willing to change his ways after multiple fines, suspensions, and arrests is an addict. Alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, those are just choices to an addict. It's the same behavior through out. The public has a perception that alcohol and pot is somehow a lesser problem than "harder" drugs. That may be true in a court of law, but not in terms of addiction.

Josh Gordon can't wake up one day and say, "I'm going to stop." He will continue to make improper choices to his health because he is not normal. He is an addict.
Dude, just about everyone gets addicted to something at some point in their life, we don't all move up to cocaine automatically. Most of us do wake up one day and say "I'm going to stop". I don't know where you get off judging addicts but you are working on false information and you need to stop spreading this prejudiced way of thinking. He is a person.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 am

After week 1 I sold Gurley + Maclin for Cook + Martin. Wasn't necessarily a 1 for 1 trade involving Martin but it should help evaluation his trade value.

Ogallagher13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ogallagher13 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 pm

I just got Martin for Marquise Lee and Jalen Richards in a 16 team ppr league where you get points for return yards.
12 Team 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, K, Def
.75 ppr RB, 1 ppr WR, 1.5 ppr TE
QB- D. Carr, A. Rodgers, T. Tagovailoa, B. Love, R. Fitzpatrick
RB- E. Elliot, M. Sanders, A Gibson, S. Michel, T. Etienne, D. Booker, D. Foreman, D. Hilliard
WR- D. Hopkins, M. Evans, M. Thomas, M. Pittman, N. Collins, A. Ra-St. Brown, E. Moore, C Patterson
TE-D. Knox, Z. Ertz, A. Trautman, E. Engram
K- J. Tucker
Def-Cin

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Ogallagher13 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 pm I just got Martin for Marquise Lee and Jalen Richards in a 16 team ppr league where you get points for return yards.
That is an absolute steal and I like Marquise Lee. Doug Martin is worth a late 1st.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:10 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm
ThirdWW wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:58 am I was... can you elaborate? Any alternatives?
Martin is overrated, I've never liked him.

You have a solid team. You're probably flustered after the DJ injury and a little desperate to improve your RB2. But Doug Martin isn't the answer. Perhaps you can buy low on Mixon? Or go after low-stock guys like Tevin Coleman and Crowell.
What exactly do you think you can get Mixon for? Sure the 2018 1st overall, maybe 2nd overall could get him, but beyond that?? Is a 2018 2nd overall buying low?

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:43 pm

I can't see paying a 1st for Martin, maybe a mid to late 2nd.