Vetoing Drops

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
95dent
Starter
Starter

Re: Vetoing Drops

Postby 95dent » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Give him his 3rd back man!
If I was new and did what he did, the penalty would p1$$ me off more than watching Williams being claimed the following waiver period.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 am

friends in IRL lmao! - hell that is like calling a friend telling you have had a few drinks and have a flat tire and instead of coming to get you he calls the police and tells them where you are stranded - THANKS PAL!
You compounded his stupidity by docking him a 3rd round pick - look on the mirror pal . You recruited/found this guy you should have explained the concept and parameters of a dynasty league and then let him learn the way the rest of us learned unless we play in a mamby pamby veto league where people run other peoples teams and think they are doing the league a favor .
What should have happened is what someone mentioned stay the **** out of the way and help him up after he scrapped his knee wash off his boo boo and get him a band aid . The worst thing possible is voiding his move and forcing him to take williams back. He learns nothing this way other than the fact that the commish is drunk with authority and may dock me picks for making roster moves. He will learn more by watching williams go off on someone else's roster than he ever will from your heavy handed commish approach.
Explain to him to shop players of williams pedigree ,maybe he gets a 3rd round rookie pick and then all the "men" in your league will screech like pre pubescent girls for a veto.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

crumbs
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby crumbs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 am

KCLep20 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:46 pm You took a 3rd rd pick as penalty? That's a dick move....
This.

If I was in a league where I was forced to take back a player I dropped, and then on to of that, had a rookie pick taken from me because the commissioner didn't agree with the add/drop, I'd drop out of the league immediately and demand my dues back if it were a money league.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 am friends in IRL lmao! - hell that is like calling a friend telling you have had a few drinks and have a flat tire and instead of coming to get you he calls the police and tells them where you are stranded - THANKS PAL!
You compounded his stupidity by docking him a 3rd round pick - look on the mirror pal . You recruited/found this guy you should have explained the concept and parameters of a dynasty league and then let him learn the way the rest of us learned unless we play in a mamby pamby veto league where people run other peoples teams and think they are doing the league a favor .
What should have happened is what someone mentioned stay the **** out of the way and help him up after he scrapped his knee wash off his boo boo and get him a band aid . The worst thing possible is voiding his move and forcing him to take williams back. He learns nothing this way other than the fact that the commish is drunk with authority and may dock me picks for making roster moves. He will learn more by watching williams go off on someone else's roster than he ever will from your heavy handed commish approach.
Explain to him to shop players of williams pedigree ,maybe he gets a 3rd round rookie pick and then all the "men" in your league will screech like pre pubescent girls for a veto.
I kinda like this response more than my own
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 am

I just figured taking the third would be a nice middle ground of letting him mess up his team and giving a little grace to a noob.. No need to get nickers in a twist and freak out

And he didnt even pick anyone up with it. Just dropped him then had an empty spot.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am

To add to this, last year the guy that drafted Treadwell dropped him halfway through the season. I laughed, and picked him up. Needless to say, I held him all season long, to drop him in my cut to 11, and he's still a FA today. There are plenty of times when we think someone else is being dumb, but they end up being right. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean they can't. Each team should be responsible for their own choices.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 am

KCLep20 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am To add to this, last year the guy that drafted Treadwell dropped him halfway through the season. I laughed, and picked him up. Needless to say, I held him all season long, to drop him in my cut to 11, and he's still a FA today. There are plenty of times when we think someone else is being dumb, but they end up being right. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean they can't. Each team should be responsible for their own choices.
But Treadwell couldn't make it into a starting position on his team, and I'm sure you two used the spot to pick up another player.

Mike Williams has been injured and hasn't had a chance to play yet, plus there wasn't even another player picked up, just a drop with no pick up. An empty roster spot.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 pm

KCLep20 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am To add to this, last year the guy that drafted Treadwell dropped him halfway through the season. I laughed, and picked him up. Needless to say, I held him all season long, to drop him in my cut to 11, and he's still a FA today. There are plenty of times when we think someone else is being dumb, but they end up being right. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean they can't. Each team should be responsible for their own choices.
He wasn't right because you would've given him a 3rd round pick. It doesn't matter if Treadwell never plays another down, he still got nothing when he could have gotten something.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Read this as he Baltimore mike Williams and took me wayyyy longer than I'd like to admit to figure out it wasn't him.
Saying that I'd let him have his pick back and just explain how dynasty works to him.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Taking a 3rd is pretty cutthroat.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Quinty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quinty » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Nathanq42, what did the owner say to explain his actions?

Just out of curiousity, how many rounds is the rookie draft? How big are the rosters?

Seeing the whole picture is more helpful then looking at a moment in time.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Mike Williams wasn't producing for him.

We go 7 rounds, some people don't even use their thirds.

Draft is rookie and FA, League is 20 man rosters with 4 res slots.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 pm

To the previous question I am pretty sure it is in his sig. 20 man with 4 reserve and team defense and a kicker.

Honestly, this is the league and commish situation that gets railed on (RIGHTLY) in every veto thread

1) Those rosters are super small. Maybe Mike Williams is the best there but I guarantee what is essentially a 22 man roster has some good players on waivers.
2) Waiver priority instead of FAAB budget in dynasty is horrible.
3) Kickers and team defense in dynasty is horrible.
4) Docking a 3rd round pick for someone dropping a player is something that would make me leave a league. This has a real dictatorship feel to it.

Want the solution? Don't micromanage other team's moves. Increase your roster size, eliminate waiver priority and kickers and team defense, and no one will drop Mike Williams. Problem solved. As for the guy chiming in about Treadwell being cut last year and you picking him up and then cutting him, 11 man rosters!!! Eleven! How can you micromanage cutting anyone at 11? My redraft has 20 spots!

TLDR: Rosters are too small, waiver priority system is bad, kickers and team def in dynasty is bad, docking picks is bad
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:51 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 pm To the previous question I am pretty sure it is in his sig. 20 man with 4 reserve and team defense and a kicker.

Honestly, this is the league and commish situation that gets railed on (RIGHTLY) in every veto thread

1) Those rosters are super small. Maybe Mike Williams is the best there but I guarantee what is essentially a 22 man roster has some good players on waivers.
4) Docking a 3rd round pick for someone dropping a player is something that would make me leave a league. This has a real dictatorship feel to it.

Want the solution? Don't micromanage other team's moves. Increase your roster size, eliminate waiver priority and kickers and team defense, and no one will drop Mike Williams. Problem solved. As for the guy chiming in about Treadwell being cut last year and you picking him up and then cutting him, 11 man rosters!!! Eleven! How can you micromanage cutting anyone at 11? My redraft has 20 spots!

TLDR: Rosters are too small, waiver priority system is bad, kickers and team def in dynasty is bad, docking picks is bad
But he didn't even pick anyone up! He just dropped Mike Williams and had an empty roster spot, but he has Eli on the bench in a 1QB league when he has Brees and Carr on his team. There was no rhyme or reason to the drop other than Mike Williams didn't put up points, so I'm going to drop him
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:06 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:51 pm
_yeti wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 pm To the previous question I am pretty sure it is in his sig. 20 man with 4 reserve and team defense and a kicker.

But he didn't even pick anyone up! He just dropped Mike Williams and had an empty roster spot, but he has Eli on the bench in a 1QB league when he has Brees and Carr on his team. There was no rhyme or reason to the drop other than Mike Williams didn't put up points, so I'm going to drop him
While that may be frustrating, you guys invited him to the league. If he isn't trying to cheat/collude with anybody, play on. Did he draft this team or take it over? Can you post the roster?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant