Geronimo Allison

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Geronimo Allison

Postby npainter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Rodgers really likes Allison as a player. Even at 23 in his third season he is on the raw side but has an "It" factor about him. He will never be more than a bye week fill in at best but a better flier than most of the guys out there.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Davante Adams and Jeff Janis are both free agents next season, Cobb will be in the last year of his contract with a $12.75M cap number and Jordy Nelson will be 33...

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but keep an eye on WR Michael Clark. He's big 6' 6" , 217lbs, and is on the Packers practice squad. He's raw, former basketball player, but turned some heads in camp.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 am

Well since Davante Adams almost had his head squished like a grape last night, we might get to see some more of Allison next week.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 am

Respectfully, @Jason, that was somewhat tasteless -- though I'm completely sure that you didn't mean it that way. We play fantasy football as a hobby. If Adams had broken a collarbone or torn an ACL (both things that I've done playing basketball), that's one thing -- he'll recover fine. But, I would never be so flippant about the kind of hit that he took last night and possible real and long-term injury that could result from it.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 am

Admittedly he was never really on my radar, I have not watched a lot of film(or any) on Allison before the season, and I don't feel like I've seen enough of him on the field to make a legitimate decision on him. So I'm a little in the dark on him and not in position to give advice, talent wise. But I know I'm not writing off any WR that could have A. Rodgers throwing him the ball, he intrigues me some solely based on that fact.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 am

Well if friends and family of Davante Adams come here and see my post, I sincerely apologize. In no way did I mean to suggest that I hoped he'd lose cognitive function or the ability to do what he does for a living so as to benefit my fledgling fantasy football team. I wish for a speedy recovery.

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm

moishetreats wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 am Respectfully, @Jason, that was somewhat tasteless -- though I'm completely sure that you didn't mean it that way. We play fantasy football as a hobby. If Adams had broken a collarbone or torn an ACL (both things that I've done playing basketball), that's one thing -- he'll recover fine. But, I would never be so flippant about the kind of hit that he took last night and possible real and long-term injury that could result from it.
Does somebody need to find their "safe space"?
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:51 pm

mratlanta wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm
moishetreats wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 am Respectfully, @Jason, that was somewhat tasteless -- though I'm completely sure that you didn't mean it that way. We play fantasy football as a hobby. If Adams had broken a collarbone or torn an ACL (both things that I've done playing basketball), that's one thing -- he'll recover fine. But, I would never be so flippant about the kind of hit that he took last night and possible real and long-term injury that could result from it.
Does somebody need to find their "safe space"?
Davante Adams is a human being. If that were someone you cared about you wouldn't talk about their injury that way. That's all he's saying. No need to be inflammatory.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 am

Does anyone, Packers fans maybe, know what happened to this guy? If he hadn't recorded one catch in week 6 I would have been checking obituaries. He goes 6/122 in week 3, a fair bit of positive buzz, and then... poof. Keyser Sose.

Google doesn't even find any articles about him since then.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 am

He played 13 snaps and ran 9 routes in week 5. He played 7 snaps last week and Aaron Rodgers went down.

Basically their top 3 WRs got healthy and he went back to the bench.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:43 am

jeffster wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 am Does anyone, Packers fans maybe, know what happened to this guy? If he hadn't recorded one catch in week 6 I would have been checking obituaries. He goes 6/122 in week 3, a fair bit of positive buzz, and then... poof. Keyser Sose.

Google doesn't even find any articles about him since then.
GB really just doesn't rotate in that many WRs like some teams do. It's Jordy/Adams/Cobb when they're healthy, and that's about it. I still like Allison as stash for next year and will hold him where I have him and gladly scoop him up if/when other owners drop him.

Jordy will be 33yo and I honestly don't think he gets the same separation as before his injury. Cobb is viable cut/restructure candidate too, and any WR playing with Rodgers is worth a stash to me.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U