Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 & beyond WR situation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 & beyond WR situation

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:00 am

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/

As you can see by that link, and were already most likely aware - the WR situation in Jacksonville will be very unsettled going into 2018.

A. Robinson - 2018 UFA

M. Lee - 2018 UFA

A. Hurns - no dead cap hit as of 2018 (so chance for Jax to clear 20+mill
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville ... rns-14929/

R. Greene - 2019 UFA - on IR and cannot be activated in 2017 due to being placed on IR before 53 man cut.

D. Westbrook - 2021 UFA - but on IR

J. Strong - 2019 UFA

K. Cole - 2020 RFA

So it seems pretty likely that Jacksonville will need to either

(a) resign Lee or Robinson

or

(b) sign 2018 FA WRs

and/or

(c) draft multiple WRs in 2018 draft

Feel free to agree, disagree, speculate .... either way the 2018 Jaguar WR corp is poised to look much different than what opened up 2017.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 & beyond WR situation

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 am

I cant imagine they let Arob go franchise tag for sure, I think they also keep the better of Hurns and Lee after seeing them in a more featured role this year. The rest will (Should) be spent on Oline and keeping the Defence
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 am

Yeah that's it in a nutshell. I would expect at minimum a transition tag for either Lee or ARob and possibly a franchise tag for ARob if they can't do a Keenan Allen type extension for him after they see how his rehab is going later this season.
I doubt they want to lose both but probably feel like they can and will lose one of them...or Lee gets nicked up and does nothing this year leaving him as a a lower end UFA

Anyway as a WR you really have to wonder how much they want to stay in JAX with QB issues and it is unlikely that changes before they tag guys. Coughlin as an advisor doesn't make me think QB/offense is going to be a high octane type either so not a place a WR might want to stay
Westbrook I would expect is an IR return this year...if ARob doesn't get hurt maybe not but now I think that would be their plan to plan for the coming changes you are talking about
Hurns is an easy cut but also a pretty reliable backup plan so I don't know they end this season expecting to cut him.

The rest are kind of replaceable guys and not really significant pieces although I really liked Keenan Cole from what little I have seen
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 am

Maybe ARob is amenable to a 4 yr deal below market value to get some insurance after his injury but I expect the Jags to retain him.

How quickly and easily they do that will determine whether they can keep Lee or not since he shouldn't wait around for the team. It's a deep list of free agent WRs next off season.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:10 am

I'm not overly familiar with the rules regarding compensatory picks. Could or would the Jaquars gain much in the way of compensatory picks if they were to lose either Lee or Robinson in FA?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:21 pm

yeah...I think the compensation depends on the # of FA lost and FA added along with the contract they receive and snap counts but the formula is not made public.
They would be eligible however
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MNnoles
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MNnoles » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm

I don't think Arob is in Jax next year. I have doubts they would franchise him coming off his injury. I thought he would walk before the injury. I could see him signing a 1 year prove it deal similar to what Jeffrey did somewhere else. With Coughlin in town, I don't see Arob even wanting to stay there, especially if bortles is not replaced
12 Team PPR
QB- J. Winston, B. Mayfield
RB- S. Barkley, D.Cook, J.Mixon, Du.Johnson, J.Samuels,
WR- D.Hopkins, M.Evans, T.McLaurin, DJ Moore, L.Fitz, AJ Brown, D.Slayton, JJAW, A.Callaway, A. Isabella, A.Lazard
TE- E.Engram, O.Howard, D.Knox

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:36 pm

I think ARob stays with the Jags.
I also have thought since June that Dede was legit, hope he comes back this year and gets his shot.