Need Help on MFL Loophole

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Need Help on MFL Loophole

Postby IBall2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Yesterday someone in our league dropped Josh Docston to pick up a FA. Our league requires dropped players to be locked for 24 hours and 'blind bid request for locked players, FCFS for rest'.

After I saw he was dropped yesterday I submitted a BB request to pick him up. At 10am today, Docston became a FCFS FA in our league and my blind bid did not process. The commish picked him up for free from FA and I feel he should have gone to whoever put in a claim to add him yesterday for some of their WW budget.

Commish says there is no setting on MFL to process blind bid for dropped players during the week, after the normal weekly BB have already processed. Does anybody know how to fix this loophole?

It sounds like 2 other owners in the league also put in blind bids to pick up Doctson as well.
Should Doctson be awarded to the highest bidder or should the Commish get to keep him?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Need Help on MFL Loophole

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:44 pm

The Commish has the settings setup incorrectly. You absolutely can (and should) have dropped players locked and included in the next wave of blind bidding.

Should he or should he not get him may be subjective to the rules outlined, but it does seem odd that a player would be locked, available for bids to be submitted, but then ignored and simply made available for FCFS an unknown period of time later.

My opinion is Commish should fix the settings, drop Doctson, and let the highest bidder get him. Ownership shouldn't be on a loophole. If this is simply the rules you live by, make sure the dropped player process is outlined by the Commish on when players become available instead.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks for the input Ed. I'll also note, this happened last year when an owner dropped Booker. He was awarded to 'the early bid' for free. We decided to put Booker back in the BB pool for everybody to bid on him.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm

MFL changed up it's waivers and free agency system this offseason. It's not a lot better than the previous terrible system.

In my league, we scrapped dropped player waiver claims as MFL kept screwing it up, so now all dropped players are locked until the next week's blind bid.

This may be a similar case. This example should be reversed & fixed, but overall I suggest patience with the commish...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

I agree with others; if the league operates on a bidding system, and then ignores three bids, Docston needs to be either recycled back through the BB or awarded to the previous highest bidder.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:46 pm

You can set up players that are dropped to be locked and only available to be picked up through Bids if thats what is intended (sounds like it). So you commish is wrong for stating otherwise and its not a loophole. It was set up incorrectly plain and simple.