Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Davante Adams

Postby Tvols » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 am

I rather have Adams over a rob and Evans .. evans is way mor qb dependent than we think and Robinson has had one decent year and not much else but let's hope green bay resigns him first
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=9455

Happy to hear he's staying put. Great news for Adams owners!!!
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=9455

And now you have to figure that Cobb is almost certainly out the door. I wonder if Jordy will sign a team-friendly deal to stay in Green Bay, or if they'll move on from him as well. This could get interesting. Probably A good time to add Geronimo Allison if he's sitting on the wire.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Woot! So happy I bought shares of Adams wherever. His spot as the wr 1 in GB could be next season.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Awesome news that he is staying put!
DJB wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm Woot! So happy I bought shares of Adams wherever. His spot as the wr 1 in GB could be next season.
I am pretty sure that happened this season. Maybe not at the start, but once Arod went down and including his one game back, Adams was the #1. Jordy was getting the TDs early on in the season and that obviously won't go away completely...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 am

But we dont know for sure. He was the number one with Hundley but we dont know if Rodgers prefers Jordy.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 am

Great news for Adams. I understand why there is this argument between him and Jordy but Rodgers can support both. Both can put up 1000 plus yards and multiple Tds in that offense so as an Adams owner I'm not worried about that. Adams is also obviously far younger and is the better dynasty option right now. What I don't understand is how anyone can deny Adams is not a top 10 dynasty WR right now? Look at his last two seasons. Facts are facts. He also did this with hundley and missing a few games. This seems to me like another "Oh he wasn't drafted in the first round so its going to take us years to believe in him" sort of thing.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm

:) :) :)

Glad to hear it! I think Adams would have been good in another situation - but I think most would agree the longer a WR is with a team & the same QB the better their long-term outcome is due to chemistry & scheme.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:56 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 am Great news for Adams. I understand why there is this argument between him and Jordy but Rodgers can support both. Both can put up 1000 plus yards and multiple Tds in that offense so as an Adams owner I'm not worried about that. Adams is also obviously far younger and is the better dynasty option right now. What I don't understand is how anyone can deny Adams is not a top 10 dynasty WR right now? Look at his last two seasons. Facts are facts. He also did this with hundley and missing a few games. This seems to me like another "Oh he wasn't drafted in the first round so its going to take us years to believe in him" sort of thing.
He has decent draft pedigree. Think the hate is more related to his bad season with Jordy out. A lot of people gave up (which seemed reasonable) and now those same people wanted his comeback to be a fluke. However there is no way to justify that line of thinking now. He’s legit and is tied to the best QB in the NFL for years to come. He’s a top 10 dynasty WR with upside to climb rankings
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:37 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=9455

And now you have to figure that Cobb is almost certainly out the door. I wonder if Jordy will sign a team-friendly deal to stay in Green Bay, or if they'll move on from him as well. This could get interesting. Probably A good time to add Geronimo Allison if he's sitting on the wire.
I don't think they let both walk. It should def be between Cobb-Nelson, and I think Aaron is closer and trusts Nelson more. Nelson and Adams could be 1000+ yard WR's next year if that is the case, with Nelson being the deep threat. Give the best QB in the league a deep threat like Nelson and BOOM.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 am

This argument seems very similar to the is M Thomas a WR1 thread, where people would rather give ridiculous arguments why a young receiver with back to back WR1 seasons isn't a WR1 in dynasty.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 am

Back-end WR1 ranking is fine, but anything higher is too risky. He's not elite, and investing mid-WR1 value isn't proper asset allocation in my mind.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 am Back-end WR1 ranking is fine, but anything higher is too risky. He's not elite, and investing mid-WR1 value isn't proper asset allocation in my mind.
A backend WR1 ranking I could get behind because he’s been a backend WR1. He’s not a top 5 guy (yet) but he’s younger than some of the guys ahead of him and has theoretical untapped upside.

Id be interested to see if anyone has evidence to support an argument for Adams being less than talented enough to maintain WR1 status. GB certainly thinks highly of Adams given he recevied the fourth largest annual contract for an active WR
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am

Jpalladino91 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 am This argument seems very similar to the is M Thomas a WR1 thread, where people would rather give ridiculous arguments why a young receiver with back to back WR1 seasons isn't a WR1 in dynasty.
^This
There comes a time where people just need to admit they are wrong about certain players both good and bad. I hate the stubborness of fantasy football owners in general. Guess what we are all wrong about MANY things and its ok to say it. Constantly arguing that a guy sucks when he has put up 2 WR1 seasons in a row, yet cutting a guy like Sammy Watkins some slack because "lack of opportunity" gets on my nerves. I am not a dynasty veteran by any means but its easy to see when a player is good and when they are bad. Guess what you do? Look at point totals. And obviously I'm talking about more than one year of production as has been the case with Adams and M Thomas.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am easy to see when a player is good and when they are bad. Guess what you do? Look at point totals.
I'm not an "anti-Adams" by any means. I have some minor concerns (his TD to target ratio, for example, is difficult to maintain though possible in Green Bay) but there are valid arguments for his rise to a pretty high status. That said, I cannot agree with this statement at all. Point totals determine who is good and who is bad? That's a very myopic view that perhaps has some relevance in redraft leagues but not in dynasty ones.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.