Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Davante Adams

Postby maxhyde » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm

DJB wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 pm Just bought Adams for team 3 for Alshon and M Williams.

For me comes down to if M Williams is the next Evans and whether Adams is still in GB.

I know what Alshon is. An unreliable #2
Jeffery may be an unreliable WR2 but even or better than Adams for me...I know Jeffery can be a #1 not sure about Adams
Adding in a top WR from this year I think is a clear win for you nicely done
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm

I bought Adams.

Jeffrey is what he is. An unreliable #2.

Comes down to Williams and whether Adams resigns in GB.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm

My whole take on this is haters gonna hate. I really think people are focusing too much on 2015, his 2nd year in the league thrust into a role he wasn't ready for.

Last season and then playoffs last season were enough for me. Is he going to be Jordy when Jordy retires, probably not. Can he be a low end WR1 or high end WR2, absolutely. If he goes somewhere besides GB with a big QB downgrade, then his production would take a hit but I would still expect him to be in the WR2 mix.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

DJB wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm I bought Adams.

Jeffrey is what he is. An unreliable #2.

Comes down to Williams and whether Adams resigns in GB.
Simplifying Jeffrey by saying he's an unreliable 2 is selling him short. He's not a throw-in piece like you're implying.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Plank wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am Made me think for awhile about that, he does everything you want a WR to do, runs great routes, big, fast, tremendous leaping ability, just not a natural hands catcher .. He'll never make that one handed grab over his head, but with all his other tools at his disposal, he doesn't have to .. I hope he stays in GB, not sure what I'd think of him without A Rodgers ..
Terrell Owens comes to mind.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 am

sloth8u wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Plank wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am Made me think for awhile about that, he does everything you want a WR to do, runs great routes, big, fast, tremendous leaping ability, just not a natural hands catcher .. He'll never make that one handed grab over his head, but with all his other tools at his disposal, he doesn't have to .. I hope he stays in GB, not sure what I'd think of him without A Rodgers ..
Interesting.

I wanted to point out that X Rhodes shadowed D Adams this weekend, not Jordy Nelson .. not sure if that's because they felt Jordy wasn't 100% or that they felt D Adams was the bigger threat, I kind of lean they felt Jordy was lame so went for the next best option...
@PlankMelody

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am

Plank wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 am
sloth8u wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Interesting.

I wanted to point out that X Rhodes shadowed D Adams this weekend, not Jordy Nelson .. not sure if that's because they felt Jordy wasn't 100% or that they felt D Adams was the bigger threat, I kind of lean they felt Jordy was lame so went for the next best option...
I think at this point Adams is the better receiver. Or at least the more athletic one, so the more difficult one to cover. Jordy still has the incredible body control, route running, etc, and did have the great rapport with Rodgers.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am

Future #1 in GB was my thought when I drafted him and it's been my thoughts through the ups and downs of his nagging injuries. He seemed to get targeted much more after ARod's cavicle broke. I think he is less "dependent" on ARod than some may think.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah I mean it is likely the entire offense suffers but who knows which individuals will have success with a new arm behind center.

I think we are in wait and see mode for who/what happens in that offense
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Looks like Jordy is more dependent on Arod than Davante so far. I'm not pointing that out to say that Davante is better than Jordy all of a sudden. I point it out just to show that whole narrative of Davante only being good because of Arod isn't really shaping up to be true. Like any other WR, he benefits from playing with a great QB, but he is doing better than expected in an awful offense so far.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Owners will still probably feel more comfortable if he signs with GB.

Niners would be interesting though
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:11 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm Owners will still probably feel more comfortable if he signs with GB.

Niners would be interesting though
I have him on my team, and would prefer he signs in GB. SF would also be interesting, especially if Garropolo (spelling?) shows something or they sign Cousins.

My point was to all the people who seem to say he's only good because of Arod. Arod makes him better obviously, but I think he would have significant value in any decent passing attack. (I understand you may not have been arguing this at all, just offering another interesting landing spot)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Every WR is QB dependent to varying degrees. Rodgers doesn't make Adams good WR, but Rodgers will give him better opportunities that most QB's won't. He will put passes where most QB's can't. He has a chemistry with him that most QB's are incapable of. It would be unfair to put him on a team with DeShone Kizer at QB and chastise Adams for not getting the same results.

I would be surprised if Green Bay let him walk. Cobb isn't the same WR he was when the Packers gave him that big extension. Nelson is still very good, but he'll be 33 next season. They're going to need some long-term stability at the position and Adams offers that.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am

Adams will be staying in GB. In the FF world he will be a WR1/2 with some big games, and some disappearing acts. On the NFL field he has a chance to be the best WR Green Bay has had since Sterling Sharpe.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

npainter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am Adams will be staying in GB. In the FF world he will be a WR1/2 with some big games, and some disappearing acts. On the NFL field he has a chance to be the best WR Green Bay has had since Sterling Sharpe.
No way he's better than Jordy or Jennings