Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Davante Adams

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm

I think Adams will have less touchdowns, but I could see more yards.

Adams is actually a good WR, but some people are still punishing him for his 2015 season where he battled an ankle injury and the Packers offense was a dumpster fire. It's hard to say whether or not Adams could duplicate his numbers outside of Green Bay. If he signed with a team that has another really good QB, he absolutely could. If he signed with a team that has an awful QB situation, then his value will drop.

I think GB will re-sign him. They usually do not let young WR's go after their rookie contract. Plus, Cobb hasn't produced in a while and Jordy is getting older.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm I think Adams will have less touchdowns, but I could see more yards.

Adams is actually a good WR, but some people are still punishing him for his 2015 season where he battled an ankle injury and the Packers offense was a dumpster fire. It's hard to say whether or not Adams could duplicate his numbers outside of Green Bay. If he signed with a team that has another really good QB, he absolutely could. If he signed with a team that has an awful QB situation, then his value will drop.

I think GB will re-sign him. They usually do not let young WR's go after their rookie contract. Plus, Cobb hasn't produced in a while and Jordy is getting older.
I think the issue with Adams is I don't think he's likely to be a team's true number one anywhere. His best upside is on a team like Green Bay where there is heavy pass distribution and an elite QB. Outside of Green Bay you're probably looking at something between Golden Tate and Marvin Jones.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:30 pm

As a Packer's fan, I like their chances of resigning him. The free agency market for WR's is gonna be very saturated this offseason with that great 2014 draft class finishing their rookie contracts.

As an owner of both Nelson and Adams in the same league, I'm holding onto Adams with the thought that as Jordy ages the workload will gradually transfer to Adams and he could eventually take over as the 1 when Jordy retires.
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Love watching this kid play and think he deserves a big target share in that offense. He has sick juke-ability and I love his quick slant which I think is the deadliest in the league next to maybe OBJ. I don't know where his career will go but I think he and Rodgers pair well together personally. He's one of those players I just love to watch. His first step is nasty.

Also, I think he re-signs. The upped Cobb when many thought he was going to walk. Plus, with Rodgers getting toward the upper years, I would imagine they don't want him spending those years breaking in rookies versus chasing championships.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Not an adams fan but this was one of my favorite TDs of recent memory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDn8K7QzaU

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:17 am

Last week felt like a big deal for me for Adams, especially the last possession. With Jordy out it helped me picture the offense without him, and it seemed like he would be capable of actually being the #1 now.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am

I think the argument for him not being a true #1 comes from his down season. So far he has had 3/4 solid seasons. If he tays in GB he should stay in lineups. If he moves on then maybe he takes a big hit but I still think he has enough talent to produce WR3 numbers at minimum.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 am

Balzac wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am I think the argument for him not being a true #1 comes from his down season. So far he has had 3/4 solid seasons. If he tays in GB he should stay in lineups. If he moves on then maybe he takes a big hit but I still think he has enough talent to produce WR3 numbers at minimum.
It was a valid argument for me. When he needed to step up into the #1 role he couldn't make it happen. He's since developed, and now it looks like he will be able to.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am

In the PFF Podcast, review of W5 they were talking about how good Davante Adams is at everything, but how he catches like a seal, so they were saying maybe why he such is polarizing player, is because he does not have that natural catching of the football.. like if there was a spectrum of ball catching ability among star WR's, you'd have OBJ at the top, and D Adams at the bottom ...

Made me think for awhile about that, he does everything you want a WR to do, runs great routes, big, fast, tremendous leaping ability, just not a natural hands catcher .. He'll never make that one handed grab over his head, but with all his other tools at his disposal, he doesn't have to .. I hope he stays in GB, not sure what I'd think of him without A Rodgers ..
@PlankMelody

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 am

He reminds me of Chris Henry or Martavis Bryant in the sense that he'll make some incredible jaw dropping plays and rack up TDs.......but the consistent week to week play is just not there. It's not like Cobb and Nelson are getting 20 targets a week either.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 pm

I think he'd need complimentary parts to succeed as the number one, but I think Green Bay's established themselves as pretty good at doing exactly that. When he was asked to step up before, not only was he hurt, but so was Cobb. The other options available weren't scaring anyone and the line was so beat up that Rodgers didn't have a lot of time to do much of anything either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 pm

If he resigns he's going to be the number 1 guy soon enough . Now is the time to buy
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 am
Balzac wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am I think the argument for him not being a true #1 comes from his down season. So far he has had 3/4 solid seasons. If he tays in GB he should stay in lineups. If he moves on then maybe he takes a big hit but I still think he has enough talent to produce WR3 numbers at minimum.
It was a valid argument for me. When he needed to step up into the #1 role he couldn't make it happen. He's since developed, and now it looks like he will be able to.
I don't disagree with that. Though I put less weight than you I guess. The entire team was a trash fire that year, and if you believe he was playing on a bad ankle it isn't a stretch that a 2nd year player just wasn't ready/able to be the #1 yet.

It almost doesn't matter if he is a true #1. GB will give Rodgers a #1 either way and Adams is a top end #2 at the very least.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Just bought Adams for team 3 for Alshon and M Williams.

For me comes down to if M Williams is the next Evans and whether Adams is still in GB.

I know what Alshon is. An unreliable #2
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Posted this before... and maybe even on this chain... but seems relevant. Traded Sammy for Adams + 1.08 (Mike Williams) this year. Could not be happier to date!
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR: