Who are the most talented RBs in the NFL right now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Who are the most talented RBs in the NFL right now?

Postby Valhalla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm Again, if any of you actually played football you would understand that jump cuts are more vision and quick twitch than anything else. Definitely not flexibility in your hips. Go do a jump cut in your front yard and tell me where you feel it instead of listening to a bloggers write up about cuts.
Umm false...

If you go out in your front yard and do a jump cut, and you AREN'T using your hips as the primary force absorber/mover, you're setting yourself up for injury rather quickly. That and your jump cut will lack explosiveness and will be rather less effective.

As you so arrogantly put it...again, if you actually studied any sort of biomechanics or athletic performance you would understand that optimal jump cuts are heavily reliant on hip flexibility.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:48 am

Any sort of quick change of direction requires proper hip movement, sports and even stuff like dancing.

Sure you can try sudden change of direction without using your hips, but you can also lift with your back and not your knees. Does not mean you should.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 am Most quick changes in direction requiring hip movement don't happen in sports or dancing...
Bah-dum bum

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am
ImaRounder wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am i'm sorry but no it does not. when I refer to hips its the ability to change directions while running forward, if that makes any sense. jump cuts have very little to do with your hips.
At first when you said he had poor hips I just thought you hadn't seen DJ play at all and now I think it's more that you just don't know what jump cuts are, would you like to explain how jump cuts have very little to do with your hips?

PS here's a source for different kinds of cuts if you need a refresher: https://footballbeyondthestats.wordpres ... bs-part-2/
Nice source, a blogger lol.

Again, if any of you actually played football you would understand that jump cuts are more vision and quick twitch than anything else. Definitely not flexibility in your hips. Go do a jump cut in your front yard and tell me where you feel it instead of listening to a bloggers write up about cuts.
As someone who owns a sports performance/science/training company....I'll just say this: go watch some old tape of Brandon Jacobs, then watch some tape of Christian McCaffery....then tell me if you still think hips are not important in this case.

Things such a ground reaction forces, hip stability and range of motion, concentric hip power, lateral pelvic tilt/control, trunk rotation/timing, and many other things are very important here. Vision is also important, yes, but just seeing it doesn't mean your body can perform the movement powerfully or efficiently. Hip-extenion and/or triple extension are major keys in almost any powerful movement (cleans, snatches or other variations of olympic/power lifts...plyometrics...etc).

Also, "quick twitch" isn't really a thing; there are two types of skeletal muscular fibers: type-1 and type-2 (slow-twitch and fast-twitch). Quick-twitch is what you commonly hear sports broadcasters or casual gym goers misuse, kind of like most people using who and whom wrong... but people can figure out what is being said anyways.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Would anyone like to test my pelvic trunk extension?

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:45 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am

At first when you said he had poor hips I just thought you hadn't seen DJ play at all and now I think it's more that you just don't know what jump cuts are, would you like to explain how jump cuts have very little to do with your hips?

PS here's a source for different kinds of cuts if you need a refresher: https://footballbeyondthestats.wordpres ... bs-part-2/
Nice source, a blogger lol.

Again, if any of you actually played football you would understand that jump cuts are more vision and quick twitch than anything else. Definitely not flexibility in your hips. Go do a jump cut in your front yard and tell me where you feel it instead of listening to a bloggers write up about cuts.
As someone who owns a sports performance/science/training company....I'll just say this: go watch some old tape of Brandon Jacobs, then watch some tape of Christian McCaffery....then tell me if you still think hips are not important in this case.

Things such a ground reaction forces, hip stability and range of motion, concentric hip power, lateral pelvic tilt/control, trunk rotation/timing, and many other things are very important here. Vision is also important, yes, but just seeing it doesn't mean your body can perform the movement powerfully or efficiently. Hip-extenion and/or triple extension are major keys in almost any powerful movement (cleans, snatches or other variations of olympic/power lifts...plyometrics...etc).

Also, "quick twitch" isn't really a thing; there are two types of skeletal muscular fibers: type-1 and type-2 (slow-twitch and fast-twitch). Quick-twitch is what you commonly hear sports broadcasters or casual gym goers misuse, kind of like most people using who and whom wrong... but people can figure out what is being said anyways.
To the first bold, this is kind of what I was talking about. Leo and DJ are closer to Brandon Jacobs than mccaffrey in my opinion, when were strictly talking about hip flexibility.

This wasn't a jump cut discussion until someone brought it up, that's not was I referring to when I was knocking Leo and DJ for their hips. I'm talking about the pivot, change of direction, keeping your torso forward while moving their hips or vice versa to navigate through holes and in the open field.

And I'll defer to the expert here, those lifts are for strengthening not only your hips but core as well, correct? The flexibility comes a little from the lifts but not nearly as much as the power, correct?

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 pm

This thread got weird lol.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:11 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 pm This thread got weird lol.
Haha, yeah it did.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Nobody mentioned Jordan Howard. Is the forum done with him already? I still like him in that 2nd tier with Gordon/Gurley/Freeman

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm Nobody mentioned Jordan Howard. Is the forum done with him already? I still like him in that 2nd tier with Gordon/Gurley/Freeman
Yeah but how are his hips?
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm Nobody mentioned Jordan Howard. Is the forum done with him already? I still like him in that 2nd tier with Gordon/Gurley/Freeman
He's closer to Jeremy Hill or Alfred Morris than he is to Gordon or Freeman, my opinion. He's a solid, good, workhorse back. But he's not special.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:40 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm
Yeah but how are his hips?
:lol: :clap:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am

I am not drafting any RB unless I have his detailed hip metrics. I am fairly certain Paul Perkins only has one hip.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:21 am

balaberda wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am I am not drafting any RB unless I have his detailed hip metrics. I am fairly certain Paul Perkins only has one hip.
Paul Perkins wishes he had one hip, at this point I'm skeptical if he even has legs
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1