Rashard Higgins yay or nay?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeyk24k
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Rashard Higgins yay or nay?

Postby joeyk24k » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 pm

I blew my wad on him in 3 leagues. I have a top 3 team in all of those leagues and strong WRs but if he becomes a WR2 I'll be able to flip him for a nice draft pick or a more established player. Just thought I would throw you guys the reasoning behind sending 100% of my FA budget at the guy. Might be droppable in 3 weeks but for FA money the payoff is worth the risk in my book. The only leagues where I didn't get him it was because I blew my FA money on Chris Carson previously.
Cheers

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't own Rashard Higgins, but in my league, he was claimed this week.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:40 am

Apparently my fears about Higgins in regard to Duke have been confirmed. Duke is overlapping with Higgins as the slot in 3-wide, and Duke is the preferred target. I guess Higgins has to firmly win the starting job in 2-wide sets before he can matter to us in fantasy. That means completely usurping both Britt and Louis, period, because Coleman will ofc slot right back in as a starter when he gets back.
Reljac wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm Not sure what you are basing that on
It's based on his NFL career to this point, dude. He got cut because he hadn't been working hard enough. Higgins practically admitted this himself.

As for his '15 season, criticism that he phoned in his effort-level a bit was a wide-spread scouting consensus. That, and his terrible Combine are why a guy that was almost as good as Amari Cooper in '14 ended up dropping to the 5th round.

Heck, Higgins' effort level seems to have reduced even just since Week 2. Seems like the hype from just one good pro game was already enough to get him feeling too confident in himself again. Typically we love self-confidence in WRs, but Higgins seems to be a reminder that one can still have too much.

It's a shame. I truly think Higgins could be a very productive technician at WR if only he would approach this job with more urgency, and maintain it. He's just too relaxed, and if being a Day 3 pick and getting cut wasn't enough to change that permanently, I guess it won't ever change.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:14 am

this guy blows can we end thread here?
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp