Lasst chance to buy Henry?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
lukkynumber13
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9617
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 am
Space Cowboy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 pm
It seems like time. Then again, I thought this'd happen week 5 last year lol lol
Pretty much.
I think this is one of those times where in fantasy we want the backup to be better than the starter but reality is they probably aren't.
Happens all the time and we get suckered so easily. That's why I'm now so impressed by Hunt actually delivering in KC
T1
LUCK, Flacco, J Allen
MIXON, AP, Collins, Ajayi, D Martin, Chase E, R Smith
HILL/DIGGS/KA/EVANS/HILTON, ARob, Sammy, C Davis, Tre'Quan, Ateman, Foster
GRONK, Vance, Herndon, Shaheen
-
DL: CHANDLER/CAM JORDAN/FLOWERS, Short, Golden, Addison, Sheard, Larry O
LB: KENDRICKS/WARNER/ZACH C, Schobert, Williamson, R Evans, A Walker, KJW, Bynes, Kyzir
DB: ADDAE/AMOS/SIMMONS, John J, Kazee, TJ Mac, Diggs

T2
RIVERS, Jimmy G, Dalton, Eli, Colt M
GURLEY/DJ/MIXON, Guice, Gus E, J Wilson, Chase E, Ford
NUK/HILL/KA/EVANS/AJG, Golladay, Sammy, J-Wash, R Foster, Patrick, Sherfield, David Moore, J'Mon, JMatt, A Jones
ENGRAM, Doyle, Vance, Herndon, Higbee, Everett, Hollister
-
DL: BUCKNER/BARNETT/GRIFFEN/HEYWARD, Golden, Short, Autry, Ogbah, Wolfe, T Bryan, N Spence, Simon
LB: BURFICT/WARNER/HITCHENS, Danny T, KJW, Ebukam, A Walker, Vince W, Morrow, Hodges
DB: GEATHERS/POYER/JOHN J, Diggs, S Williams, Phillips, Kazee, Whitehead

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11401
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Frustrating if you're a Henry owner, but the fact of the matter is that Demarco Murray is a good RB, really good. He's been underrated for years by both the fantasy and real football communities. I like what I've seen from Henry and think he has what it takes to be a successful workhouse RB, but the fact remains that he shares a backfield with a RB that's on par with him at the very least.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

User avatar
saw061600
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm not hoping that Murray gets hurt, that would be wrong. But I'm not hoping he doesn't get hurt either; just saying.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
TruB Lamar Mariota Dalton
Bell Chubb Sony Henry Jones RoJo Miller Ajayi Foreman Gio Dixon Collins
Evans Cooks Cooper ARob Boyd Watkins MWill Keke Parker
Kelce Gronk Jonnu Andrews
Watt Ansah Williams Richardson Taylor Graham
Davis Collins Mosley Kendricks Bucannon DCampbell DJones DLee Compton
Vaccaro Joseph Church Iloka McLeod Williams

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST Orphan2
Mariota Dalton Mullens
Penny Miller Foreman DHenry Duke Yeldon Ekler Clement Edmonds
Evans Golladay ARob Watkins Agholor Keke JMatt Parker Tre'Q Callaway Samuel
Njoku Ebron Jonnu
Williams Hunter Clark
Williamson Warner Perryman Milano Campbell Baker Onwuassor ShaqT
McLeod Jones Budda JJohnson

12TM .5PPR 45RST Orphan1
Rodgers Rivers Wilson
Howard Freeman Ajayi AP Nyheim Mostert DWashington Cannon Ito
Cooks Amari DT Edelman PRich Hogan Samuel AWilson Geronimo Quin Coutee JMatt
Ertz Herndon
Garrett Clark Leo
Lee Bynes Milano Bucannon Lee Wright
RJones Geathers SWill Church

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10635
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby maxhyde » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am

saw061600 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm
I'm not hoping that Murray gets hurt, that would be wrong. But I'm not hoping he doesn't get hurt either; just saying.
He will have to get hurt for Henry to emerge
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees
RB: David Johnson, Bernard, MLynch, Penny, Morris, TJLogan, SWilson, McNichols, Joe Williams
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Willson, Swaim, Jarwin, Maxx Williams
18 picks: 1.03- Penny, 2.14 - Josh Allen (traded), 3.03 Deion Cain

Friction
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Crappy MN

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am

It is tough nowadays having to hold a talented rb for 2, 3, maybe 4 years since it is a position that has a fairly instant impact amongst rookies. I like Henry and all, but when I hear 2 and 3 firsts being offered for him, I would probably do it. Maybe if they all "projected" to be later it would make me pause, but DeMarco just is not going away and is not getting injured like expected.
Dalvin Cook Dog Kennels
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Luck, Rivers
RB:McCoy, Fournette, Coleman, Hunt, Foreman
WR: Brown, Julio, DT, Jeffrey, Samuel, Trequan
TE: Njoku, Kittle

Defend these player's honor online. They would do the same for you!
The internet; where people too afraid to have a face to face confrontation go to argue.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2017
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby The Red Rooster » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am

Friction wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am
It is tough nowadays having to hold a talented rb for 2, 3, maybe 4 years since it is a position that has a fairly instant impact amongst rookies. I like Henry and all, but when I hear 2 and 3 firsts being offered for him, I would probably do it. Maybe if they all "projected" to be later it would make me pause, but DeMarco just is not going away and is not getting injured like expected.
As a Henry owner, I hate agreeing with this, but I do.

User avatar
jcc6fd
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 am

The Red Rooster wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am
Friction wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am
It is tough nowadays having to hold a talented rb for 2, 3, maybe 4 years since it is a position that has a fairly instant impact amongst rookies. I like Henry and all, but when I hear 2 and 3 firsts being offered for him, I would probably do it. Maybe if they all "projected" to be later it would make me pause, but DeMarco just is not going away and is not getting injured like expected.
As a Henry owner, I hate agreeing with this, but I do.
This is how I see it. I like Henry's upside, but to value him as an elite asset never made sense to me (unless you drafted as a rookie before the Murray Signing, in which case your frustration is legitimate, but your valuation still isn't). Why would I spend multiple firsts or an early first on a RB who will be in his age 24/25 season before he has a realistic chance at being the lead RB without an injury? And that's not taking into account that Murray is signed through 2019. And why are we assuming guy with 0 career starts will be elite? Wouldn't I rather spend that capital on rookies actually drafted to be a team's workhorse who are younger and with better NFL draft capital? My theory is that there is a lag effect from the horrifically poor 2016 draft (offense at least), where dynasty owners assumed (hoped) Henry would be a stud because he was the 2nd best option. Because he's been behind Murray we have plausible deniability related to his actual failure to be fantasy relevant, so his value hasn't dropped proportionate to his performance, rather it increased as the anticipation grew.

If the community was saying, "hey pick up Henry now with a late first because he could explode if given opportunity" I'd get behind it. But he was declared an elite asset before doing anything making him a terrible value for what he really represents. But instead of ranting I guess I should just be grateful. Last week's assumption that Murray was done for allowed me to scoop him up for a future 2nd.
10 Team Non-PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold
RB: Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, Crowell, J. Adams, Yeldon, Ware, Bernard, Hunt
WR: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, Valdes-Scantling
TE: Kelce, Cook, Thomas

User avatar
Oddball456
Captain
Captain
Posts: 766
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 am

So, are people still interested in trading for Henry since he has been so quiet the past several weeks? Knowing that Murray is signed for 2 more years after 2017 (I don't know about cap hit is the titans move on early) is Henry going to be a roster clogger for 2.5 years unless Murray gets hurt? I am still interested in his talent but that seems like a lot of risk / time to invest.

User avatar
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 am

Maybe this kid will be a re-run of Larry Johnson.

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Concept Coop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Oddball456 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 am
So, are people still interested in trading for Henry since he has been so quiet the past several weeks? Knowing that Murray is signed for 2 more years after 2017 (I don't know about cap hit is the titans move on early) is Henry going to be a roster clogger for 2.5 years unless Murray gets hurt? I am still interested in his talent but that seems like a lot of risk / time to invest.
They can cut Murray at no hit after the season if they want to. I'm not sure if they will, however, based on usage. Murray clearly has their trust.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7681
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Oddball456 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 am
So, are people still interested in trading for Henry since he has been so quiet the past several weeks? Knowing that Murray is signed for 2 more years after 2017 (I don't know about cap hit is the titans move on early) is Henry going to be a roster clogger for 2.5 years unless Murray gets hurt? I am still interested in his talent but that seems like a lot of risk / time to invest.
I think the risk is low. Murray turns 30 in February and is unlikely to be on the Titans by the time Henry's contract is up in two seasons.

User avatar
jcc6fd
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm
Oddball456 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 am
So, are people still interested in trading for Henry since he has been so quiet the past several weeks? Knowing that Murray is signed for 2 more years after 2017 (I don't know about cap hit is the titans move on early) is Henry going to be a roster clogger for 2.5 years unless Murray gets hurt? I am still interested in his talent but that seems like a lot of risk / time to invest.
I think the risk is low. Murray turns 30 in February and is unlikely to be on the Titans by the time Henry's contract is up in two seasons.
Don't think you need to worry about Henry clogging your roster for two more years, but the origin of the thread assumed he would be leading the backfield 2 weeks ago.
10 Team Non-PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold
RB: Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, Crowell, J. Adams, Yeldon, Ware, Bernard, Hunt
WR: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, Valdes-Scantling
TE: Kelce, Cook, Thomas

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7681
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm

jcc6fd wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm
Don't think you need to worry about Henry clogging your roster for two more years, but the origin of the thread assumed he would be leading the backfield 2 weeks ago.
It's still very possible he could end up leading this backfield by the end of the season. If the last few weeks have opened up an opportunity to buy for a more reasonable price, then jump on it.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2017
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:06 pm

It always bothered me that Mularky flat out said Murray will be the workhorse in MARCH...without hesitation. It never made sense to me why he wouldn't promote a competition between the two and instead just handed the backfield to Murray. As a Henry owner, I'm worried about next yr also.

User avatar
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Lasst chance to buy Henry?

Postby Defender » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

So if this 5 week trend continues through the whole season, in January would you trade Henry and a late 1st for the 1.01 to grab a Barkley/ Guice/ Chubb?
The standard is the standard.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Orenthal Shames, pokerface40 and 3 guests