Young Buck Trying to Become a Star

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
welcat7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Young Buck Trying to Become a Star

Postby welcat7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am

Hello forum, I am extremely new to this forum and I must say I love it! I've been seeing a ton a great advice and help. I'm hoping to become a solid community member. Im making sure I try to respond to many other post becuase that is what makes a forum great. I have also just started to dip into the dynasty league. I'm in my second year of my first dynasty league. I'm absolutely in love with it. I feel it takes skill to win along with building a solid roster to compete year after year where a regular league is more luck. With that said I'm hoping to get any advice I can and I think this is where I should be posting? I feel like Ive built a decent roster but im still trying to learn values for players. I guess Im looking for any type of advice you might have that would help? Any resources, if you think i should be trying to target a certain position. I feel like such a rookie but im trying to learn as much as I can to be in more leagues and be a successful, fair, and enjoyable league member Thanks!!
12 team Dynasty, standard, 28 roster, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, DST, K
QB- Taylor, Wentz, McCarron, Beathard
RB- Hyde, J Allen, Abdullah, K Williams, Prosise, Smallwood, Perine, Carson, Mack, Aaron Jones
WR- OBJ, Evans, Watkins, Moncrief, JMatt, C Coleman, Shepard, C Davis
TE- Ertz, Doyle,
DST- Eagles, Titans
K- Tavecchio, Succop

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Young Buck Trying to Become a Star

Postby onetwothree » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:17 am

Hard to go wrong with a roster that starts w/ OBJ and Evans at WR. Considering you only start 2 WRs and there is no flex, I can't imagine any team having a better top 2.

Looks like you should be competitive for the foreseeable future. Probably want to continue to add upside options at RB. Carson and Mack are good starts to that. Maybe look to deal some of your WR depth for a better RB to pair with Hyde?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am

Welcome Welcat!

As mentioned above, you have two young stud WRs, so hang on to them for the next decade and enjoy the production. With a relatively shallow starting lineup requirement in your league, it's all about acquiring & keeping studs.

Ertz will be solid at TE, Tyrod & Wentz are decent at QB.

I'd focus on your RBs, mostly via the rookie draft. If you hit on a rookie RB, you're pretty set. Keep adding talent even at positions you are already solid, then work some trades to teams that need what you have in excess.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 am

Unless there's something weird going on in your league, you should drop 2 of the 3(!) kickers you're carrying for upside players at RB and WR.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

welcat7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby welcat7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I agree with trying to get more rb depth or a solid starter. I'm wanting to trade some depth at wr but it seems like all of them are valued low right now where hopefully midseason, watkins or moncfrief value might be higher?
RB- Hyde, J Allen, Abdullah, K Williams, Prosise, Smallwood, Perine, Carson, Mack, Aaron Jones
TE- Ertz, Doyle,
DST- Eagles, Titans
K- Tavecchio, Succop

welcat7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby welcat7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am

Is it worth throwing in my 2018 1st to try to secure a more solid option? Whats the value of draft picks in a league such as this?
TE- Ertz, Doyle,
DST- Eagles, Titans
K- Tavecchio, Succop

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:31 am

welcat7 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am Is it worth throwing in my 2018 1st to try to secure a more solid option? Whats the value of draft picks in a league such as this?
Since you're new to this, I wouldn't be in any rush to trade the picks. See how your team does over the next few weeks since you have Hyde as your RB1 and he can be injury prone. If you're in the playoff chase towards the end, you can use the pick to find the missing piece but otherwise hold the pick since your team is young and should give you many years of contention and the pick could be the missing RB you need.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:48 am

Send a link to your league waivers. As asked above, why do you have 3 kickers? I wanna see if there's some high upside RB's on waivers to replace a kicker or 2.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

I wouldn't sell a first this year since you are relatively new. Good core to start. Keep beefing up those RBs. Is Carson available maybe on waivers?
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm

oops, just passing through. I thought this was a thread about Buck Allen.

-oo-

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:30 pm

meineymoe wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm oops, just passing through. I thought this was a thread about Buck Allen.

-oo-
That's why I clicked originally as well.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm

You are playing in a standard scoring league and collecting WRs. This might be an okay long-term strategy, but keep in mind that WRs are ranked higher here because people generally play in PPR leagues that only start 1 RB. You will have more trouble finding a top RB in your league than would be expected by people here. That said, it's always possible to pick one up cheap if you think you can contend, but as you build talent don't be afraid to "lose" a trade to get a long-term RB (if there is such a thing).

welcat7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby welcat7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice! Its greatly appreciated! I feel good about my plan going forward. I need to just try some ideas out and see what works and doesnt work. Im going to keep playing out till midseason and see how I stand there and maybe I can pull in a trade for a rb with someone.. You all are fantastic!!
TE- Ertz, Doyle,
DST- Eagles, Titans
K- Tavecchio, Succop