CJ Anderson 2017

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: CJ Anderson 2017

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 pm

He's the ultimate tease. Back to back strong games like this is exactly what led to his mass over inflation.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:52 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 pm He's the ultimate tease. Back to back strong games like this is exactly what led to his mass over inflation.
Other than that time in 2014 when he had a 6-game stretch to end the season with 648 rushing yards, 8 rushing TDs, 18 catches and another TD, for an average of about 21 PPR points a game.

I think that was when his value inflated.

Of course he's followed that up with two mediocre (at best) seasons, but it's not like his initial value surge was based off of two fluky games.

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 am

CK_ wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am Dallas' Run D is laughable.. Sell now

They only looked good week 1 because Giants can't decide on a RB to use.
x2
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:08 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 pm Broncos schedule down the stretch:

11 vs Cincinnati Bengals
12 @ Oakland Raiders
13 @ Miami Dolphins
14 vs New York Jets
15 @ Indianapolis Colts
16 @ Washington Redskins
Mmmmmm, that's tasty. Not to beat a dead horse, but the concern is whether CJA will still be standing that late in the season. Either way, this is a stretch-run schedule to file away in your mind, as I suspect there could be some really nice FF playoff numbers to be had from whoever is getting the majority of touches by then.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 am

jeffster wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:05 am Booker will be back in a week or two. I feel like CJ is the better back, but how confident can you be that Booker is nit going to eat into CJ's workload?
Pretty confident? I mean, we got an extended look at Booker and he was totally middling. Now he's behind CJA and Charles, and CJA is being paid a ton of money and is performing well.

Like everything with CJA, it probably comes down to his health. As long as he's on his feet I can't imagine Booker being the source of problems.
Booker is a strange case, what we saw on the field last year does not match his college tape or match his coaches perception of him. Whenever a Broncos coach talks about Booker they rave, they love the guy. Vance Joseph has said he pushed for the starting job in the spring before his injury. When you look at their contract situations its best for the Broncos if Booker emerges and they can role with Henderson and Booker next season. This is the last year of guaranteed money for CJA and I think he's overpaid based on his injury history. I would not be surprised if he's on another team next season. I tend to believe that we did not see the real Devontae Booker last season. He was coming off two knee surgeries and most definitely hit a rookie wall but showed some flashes of talent and 3 down potential. CJA is good, not great at everything making him a capable, well rounded back but I think Booker's ceiling is higher. I agree with Cougan, sell CJA now. Whether its injuries, poor oline play or competition for touches... one of these factors is bound to hurt his value before season's end. I think he'll continue to garner the most touches before a season ending injury in the back half of the year, Booker will take over and CJA will be an Eagle next year.
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 pm

I am the guy that touted his 2015 and 2016 seasons. I didn't do it this time around.

TBH, he looks fatter and slower. However, he still has the same moves. No idea what's going on.

I still own him and I still believe in him. Not as high on him as I was 2 years ago, or last year, but I still think he can finish towards the back end of RB1 if the passing game stays alive, and his health is fine.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 pm Broncos schedule down the stretch:

11 vs Cincinnati Bengals
12 @ Oakland Raiders
13 @ Miami Dolphins
14 vs New York Jets
15 @ Indianapolis Colts
16 @ Washington Redskins
you have to love that... sell CJA now buy booker... Jamaal and CJA both down by week 10 ;)
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm

gunzwil guinea pigs wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 am
CK_ wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am Dallas' Run D is laughable.. Sell now

They only looked good week 1 because Giants can't decide on a RB to use.
x2
The Cowboys led the league in run defense last season, giving up only 83.5 yards a game. I know, that's last season but most of the players are still there, that contributed to that run defense and more importantly, the fact that they played with a lead in most games helped as well, which they did against the Giants but didn't against the Broncos. It's early, but to say that CJA did good because the Dallas run D is laughable, I don't think that's true, because he played well in week 1 against the Chargers too. We'll see how the season goes, but if he stays healthy, CJA will be a top RB in PPR leagues, that's the only thing that's holding him back, imo.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 am

CJA has had short stretches like this every year of his career. Even last year he started with...

Week 1: 20 carries for 92 yards, 4 catches for 47 yards, 2 TDs
Week 2: 20 carries for 74 yards, 3 catches for 19 yards, 1 TD

That's actually even more fantasy points than he has after 2 weeks this year. Last year he followed it up with two duds at 2.6ypc and didn't break 4 ypc in a game again until more than a month later in the game where he picked up a season ending injury.

The problem with Anderson has always been keeping it going long-term. If this is just another short burst of production fooling us it will literally be the 4th time we've been fooled by it. Fool me thrice...

I think if you can get top end value out of Anderson for yet another short run of production that has been a red herring all three times in the past, it's a pretty good sell opportunity.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

I've been right there with Meurah as one of Anderson's first supporters all the way back in 2014 / 2015.

Your biggest concern should be his health - afterall, availability is the best ability. And Anderson has yet to prove that he can stay healthy for a full 16-game season.

But you all seemed confused about his effectiveness. Anderson has been a very productive and valuable RB whenever he's been on the field. I went through his game-log since he burst on the scene over the second half of 2014, and here's what he's produced (left out a small handfull of games with fewer than 8 carries)
-28 games played
-Per game averages of 16 / 72 (4.5 ypa), with 2.6 catches / 22 yards - .7 TD's
-Over the course of a 16-game season, that would equal 1,150 rush yards / 10 TDs with 40/350/2 receiving.
-2014: Overall RB #1 in ppg from week 10+ (when he burst onto the scene)
-2015: Overall RB #43 in ppg - definitely a bust that year, even if he was playing injured. Doesn't help your fantasy team, but remember that the entire Denver offense was a dumpster fire all season and then Anderson carried the offense on their way to a SB victory (on the back of their defense)
-2016: Overall RB #15 in ppg
-2017: Overall RB #4 in ppg

Again, worry about his health - you have every right to. But if he's healthy, he's a rock-solid RB #2 with top10 upside if this offense can sustain their early-season effectiveness. I can't fault anyone if you can turn this hot start into a safer / better option (Gurley? Ajayi? Cook / Fournette?).

Just wanted to set the record straight for those who think he's JAG.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

ChuckDiesel405
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ChuckDiesel405 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm

I just traded CJA and Thielen for AJG to a new owner in my 16 team PPR league. I couldn't believe he accepted it. I'm thin at RB now but honestly didn't expect him to click accept.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 pm

ChuckDiesel405 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm I just traded CJA and Thielen for AJG to a new owner in my 16 team PPR league. I couldn't believe he accepted it. I'm thin at RB now but honestly didn't expect him to click accept.
Seems like a dumb owner