Austin Seferian-Jenkins (NYJ)
14%

Total votes: 146

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: best TE stash (poll)

Postby StableOfRBs » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm

gunzwil guinea pigs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:54 pm thx guys! I picked up everett just bevor todays game against the redskins. he had a nice catch and wouldn't be on waivers after that :)
FTFY
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm

I dropped Jonnu for Everett on Saturday. Both looked good and unfortunately someone in my league picked up Jonnu. Im bummed but not completely.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 pm

- Hodges isn't a justifiable dynasty stash until he's at least sticking on an NFL 53-man roster. There are better things to put at the end of your bench than practice-squad tight-ends (a position with relatively low statistical upside to begin with). And don't tell me the foot injury will rush Olsen to retirement. His type of fracture is one recent superstars have had and easily recovered from. He's not even done for the year.

- Jonnu should be in the poll, although Delanie Walker doesn't seem to be slowing down.

- Rico Gathers should be in the poll. That he made the 53, not 'waived/injured' before being put on IR confirms their plans for him. He'll probably catch some TDs this year after Week 8.

- Vance McDonald has no business in the poll. He's done mattering to us in dynasty. That he's a backup for Jesse James at this point confirms it.

I voted Everett. Early on I was pessimistic about what he could really do in fantasy in a timeshare with Higbee, but after two weeks it seems more apparent now that Higbee isn't really in McVay's long-term plans. Everett, however, definitely seems to be.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:39 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 pm - Hodges isn't a justifiable dynasty stash until he's at least sticking on an NFL 53-man roster. There are better things to put at the end of your bench than practice-squad tight-ends (a position with relatively low statistical upside to begin with). And don't tell me the foot injury will rush Olsen to retirement. His type of fracture is one recent superstars have had and easily recovered from. He's not even done for the year.

- Jonnu should be in the poll, although Delanie Walker doesn't seem to be slowing down.

- Rico Gathers should be in the poll. That he made the 53, not 'waived/injured' before being put on IR confirms their plans for him. He'll probably catch some TDs this year after Week 8.

- Vance McDonald has no business in the poll. He's done mattering to us in dynasty. That he's a backup for Jesse James at this point confirms it.

I voted Everett. Early on I was pessimistic about what he could really do in fantasy in a timeshare with Higbee, but after two weeks it seems more apparent now that Higbee isn't really in McVay's long-term plans. Everett, however, definitely seems to be.
thx for you comment, yeah the poll wasn't meant to be an overall "young TE potential poll", i only named player who were on waivers :)
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Yeah, and I see now you posted this back on page 1. So there wasn't even a point to my post. My mistake for not reading more of the replies first. smh @ myself

In the future it might be better to post a thread like this in Advice... although you wouldn't have gotten as many votes there.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm

I was hoping to see a little more talk about Jake Butt in here. I'm excited to see him just get off IR. Lost a lot of value after the bowl game injury. Might have been a 1st or 2nd rounder, and he's super cheap.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Never Veto wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm I was hoping to see a little more talk about Jake Butt in here. I'm excited to see him just get off IR. Lost a lot of value after the bowl game injury. Might have been a 1st or 2nd rounder, and he's super cheap.
Interestingly Butt was the only rookie TE other than the big 3 picked up the first waiver period after our draft. That left me to snatch Everette and Kittle and now even Jonnu. But I think it's interesting that an injured fifth round TE would be preferred over Everette/Shaheen, and even Kittle who was the clear cut starter when I grabbed him. Guess people really like his upside
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am

This guy.

GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:05 pm

btv802 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am This guy.

:sick:

I dropped him for Gerald Everett on saturday. Then a guy in my league who I swear stalks me here grabbed him off waivers and wont consider trading him to me (he wont trade me Foreman either).

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Why isnt there any talk of Jake Butt? Wasnt he highly regarded before his injury?

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm Why isnt there any talk of Jake Butt? Wasnt he highly regarded before his injury?
No clue what he's gonna look like post ACL recovery, some athletes lose their speed or burst, also he got drafted by a team that doesn't feature the TE at all, Derby, Heuermann and Green have all seen targets and varying levels of success/production over the past couple weeks and even going back to last year Green led all Broncos TEs with like 260 yards or something like that on the season.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm Why isnt there any talk of Jake Butt? Wasnt he highly regarded before his injury?
Being drafted in the fifth is the main reason. I get that the injury dropped him a bit, but I doubt it moved him more than a round or two. Am I going to be that interested in a 3rd round talent that will be out for a year and plays a position that typically takes three years to develop into something usable for fantasy purposes?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:57 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm
No clue what he's gonna look like post ACL recovery, some athletes lose their speed or burst, also he got drafted by a team that doesn't feature the TE at all, Derby, Heuermann and Green have all seen targets and varying levels of success/production over the past couple weeks and even going back to last year Green led all Broncos TEs with like 260 yards or something like that on the season.
Yeah but they all suck.
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

jgoodie24
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jgoodie24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:57 pm

I stashed Jake Butt. Why? Because I had an empty IR slot and he wasn't on anyone else's team. :D
Riverside Van Dwellers - 2021 Champion
10 Team, 0.5 PPR:
starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K
12 bench, 4 IR, 3 Redshirts (2 yr limit)

QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Singletary, D. Swift, CEH, J. Cook, J. Warren, J. McKinnon
WR: C. Kupp, T. Higgins, K. Allen, DeVonta Smith, G. Davis, A-R St. Brown, A. Pierce
TE: T. Higbee, TJ Hockenson
K: T. Bass, B. Maher
D/ST: Pit, Ind, LAR
IR: Marquise Brown
Redshirt: D. Ridder, K. Williams

2023 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4x2
2024 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Never Veto wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:57 am Yeah but they all suck.
Not really. All three of Green, Derby, and Heuerman are playing pretty well through four weeks. None of them are fantasy viable right now because McCoy is basically using a rotation, but the fact is they're playing well in his offense.

Butt likely won't be doing much his rookie year, and as a 5th-round pick he won't be guaranteed anything next year.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE