Mixon so far

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Mixon so far

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 pm

ImaRounder wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm
Just bought him for henry.
I think Mixon is the overall better talent but I'd honestly rather have Henry unless it's full PPR, he has the benefit of a much, much better offensive line and a young QB who has a strong rushing ability and will almost always keep a LB off as a spy, lessening the defensive front for Henry. Not only that but with Demarco hurt and Lewis insisting on trying to get every RB on the Bengals involved I think he's a stronger play now and not just down the road.
12 Team .5 PPR, .2 PPCarry, TE 1PPR, 6 pt passing TDs, -3.5 per Int, 1pt/20 Return Yds
25 Player Rosters, keep 20, start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 1TE 1DST

QBs: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater
RBs: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Doug Martin, Rob Kelley, De'Angelo Henderson, Mike Gillislee, James Conner, Austin Ekeler
WRs: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp, Rashard Higgins
TEs: Jordan Reed, Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith
DSTs: Cardinals

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:15 pm

I didn't see the game, but did Mixon play as poorly as his stats? I'm hoping it's more of the poor run blocking or play calling.
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

ericanadian
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3701
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 pm

jimmychoi wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:15 pm
I didn't see the game, but did Mixon play as poorly as his stats? I'm hoping it's more of the poor run blocking or play calling.
My guess is he continued to try to kick everything outside, but didn't break anything long to save his ypc? That's pretty much defined his performance in what I have seen. Kid has great athleticism, but either doesn't have faith in his blockers or doesn't know how to follow a blocker. Probably doing what a lot of guys coming into the league do and trying to get game breaking plays every play instead of just taking what is there.
The Jolly Rodgers - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Trubisky, Garoppolo
RB - Montgomery, Henry, Bernard, Foreman, Booker, Prosise, Darkwa
WR - Julio, D. Bryant, Watkins, Lee, Gordon, Kupp
TE - Kelce, DeValve
LB - Kuechly, Shazier
DL - Ansah, Suh, Hunter
DB - Joseph, Neal, Peppers
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Who runs some of these teams? Bengals, chargers, Seahawks, colts.... Maybe they know more than me, but I would assume you can't run an offense without an oline. It's infuriating watching them try and move the ball downfield. Everyone talks about how important qbs are but look how far that's gotten the colts. Bengals let go their 2 best olinemen and look at them try and move down field in the run. So frustrating...

CK_
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby CK_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 pm

He ran against the 5th best Team against the run.... never understood why Cleveland was his supposed coming out party with that horrid O-Line Against a extremely underrated group of run stoppers.... It's as if you carry the name Cleveland then you must be bad at everything then... Still a great time to buy low because he doesn't look bad at all. People are going to panic hard now.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Mariota, Kizer, Jimmy G
RB: Elliot, Kelley, Prosise, Mixon, Carson
WR: C. Davis, J. Brown, M. Bryant, Lockett, Maclin, P. Rich, M. Mitchell(IR), Westbrook(IR)
TE: Gronk, Graham, Engram
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: NYG, JAX

2014: 2nd Place | 2015: 2nd | 2016: 7th :sick:

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:28 am

CK_ wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 pm
He ran against the 5th best Team against the run.... never understood why Cleveland was his supposed coming out party with that horrid O-Line Against a extremely underrated group of run stoppers.... It's as if you carry the name Cleveland then you must be bad at everything then... Still a great time to buy low because he doesn't look bad at all. People are going to panic hard now.
I'm not panicking yet, but I noticed he had a big uptick in carries late in the game. I suspect it was when they were up big and Cleveland knew they weren't going to pass...,hence they focused on stopping the run. Just curious though.
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

ninotoreS
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 am

Mixon's YPC is awful so far, but I'd like to point out to y'all that his cumulative PFF grade before Week 4 was a quite decent 78.5, good for 10th best in the NFL at the halfback position at that point in time. That he has struggled statistically sort of only makes the grade more impressive, as it means PFF's graders are watching his film and consistently concluding that he isn't actually leaving yards on the field himself.
"The only definite thing about life is that spiders crawl into your nose when you're sleeping."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 1949 CE

User avatar
btv802
Starter
Starter
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Mixon so far

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 am

Tape up until this week has looked good. I didn't catch the game this week but doesn't sound like he continued "looking good". I'd like to see it for myself rather than just box score scouting, but assuming nobody will compile his touches on YouTube since he did nothing with them.

I think I'm just burying my head in the sand and hoping it gets better.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 2 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: Mariota, Mahomes, Bridgewater, Tannehill
RB: Mixon, Sims, M. Brown, Dayes, Jon Williams, B. Hill
WR: Cooks, ARob, Watkins, JMatt, CoCo, TyLock, CD, Fuller, Ross, Braxton, Carroo, Pharoh, Henderson, Malone
TE: Ebron, James, Njoku, Maxx, Jonnu
2018 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd
2019 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

(bold green indicates intended seasonal starters and ownership of my own picks)

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

btv802 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 am
Tape up until this week has looked good. I didn't catch the game this week but doesn't sound like he continued "looking good". I'd like to see it for myself rather than just box score scouting, but assuming nobody will compile his touches on YouTube since he did nothing with them.

I think I'm just burying my head in the sand and hoping it gets better.
I think we (Mixon owners) have to. I do think he’s talented but in a less than ideal situation.
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

User avatar
Servo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:35 am

Cincy's OL was always going to be the huge question mark this year...worried about it when I drafted Mixon over Cook and McCaffrey, the good news is this new OC knows what's up with Jeremy Hill but Mixon definitely needs to pick up the pace.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

User avatar
Servo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am

Also some good perspective here,

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4233
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Mixon so far

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

I think it's a little alarming that his YPC is so poor yet he's faced a light front for nearly 40% of his carries. Contrast that with Foreman only facing a light front 10% of the time. The line is bad though, Mixon does have a top 20 in juke rate and top 15 in yards created per touch. So according to that he's playing ok.

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby jimmychoi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Servo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am
Also some good perspective here,

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
What I did watch, there was absolutely nothing created for inside runs, yet the coaches still call inside runs pretty often. Hopefully, we see the situation improve eventually.
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

Vcize
Starter
Starter
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Mixon so far

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:01 pm

jimmychoi wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm
Servo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am
Also some good perspective here,

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
What I did watch, there was absolutely nothing created for inside runs, yet the coaches still call inside runs pretty often. Hopefully, we see the situation improve eventually.
Maybe, yet Bernard/Hill seem to be getting at least some running room. What a lot of these stats don't measure is how much is there not being any holes vs. how much is Mixon not finding them.

Interesting note that on 43 combined rushes for Bernard/Hill this year they have only two carries total that went for negative yards. On 52 rushes Mixon has EIGHT that went for negative yards, including -4, -4, and -5 in just the last game alone.

Small sample size but it seems like an awfully large disparity for it to simply be that the line suddenly gets worse when Mixon is in the game, especially given that this is exactly what the scouts were dinging Mixon for as his biggest negative when he was a prospect (for the very few that were willing to read past the off the field stuff).
Team 1 (12 team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)

QB: Luck, Wentz, Garropolo
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Thompson, White, Foreman, Charles, Rodgers
WR: Beckham, Cooks, ARob, Benjamin, Moncrief, Richardson, Amendola
TE: Fiedorowicz, Watson, Miller, Fells
K: Lutz
Def: Denver

nathanq42
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Mixon so far

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Vcize wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:01 pm
jimmychoi wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm
Servo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am
Also some good perspective here,

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
What I did watch, there was absolutely nothing created for inside runs, yet the coaches still call inside runs pretty often. Hopefully, we see the situation improve eventually.
Maybe, yet Bernard/Hill seem to be getting at least some running room. What a lot of these stats don't measure is how much is there not being any holes vs. how much is Mixon not finding them.

Interesting note that on 43 combined rushes for Bernard/Hill this year they have only two carries total that went for negative yards. On 52 rushes Mixon has EIGHT that went for negative yards, including -4, -4, and -5 in just the last game alone.

Small sample size but it seems like an awfully large disparity for it to simply be that the line suddenly gets worse when Mixon is in the game, especially given that this is exactly what the scouts were dinging Mixon for as his biggest negative when he was a prospect (for the very few that were willing to read past the off the field stuff).
Barry Sanders had the most negative run plays back in his hay day. It is just something inherent in the style that both him and Mixon implement. They will take an inside run, see nothing there, they know they can make stuff happen on their own with their feet in space so they bounce to the outside, sometimes even backwards a bit. Then they navigate it as best they can, but when they get swarmed they lose yards, if they would have plowed into nothing then its is a -2 to +2 play for sure, but Sanders and Mixon have the confidence and ability to turn a nothing inside run into a chunk gain, but that also come with the risk of them not making the edge and getting got for a loss.

I wouldnt be worried about the amount of negative run plays unless it is a long term habit, but I think it is something that can easily be coached out of Mixon, and quickly to boot. That was one of the few flaws I saw in his game coming into the league is that he is ALWAYS looking for something better, risking a negative play to do it; instead of taking what is there and getting back to the LOS or a couple yards. Easily corrected with practice and a change of mindset from swing for the fences every time and strike out a few but get a few home runs to I know if I crush the ball I'll get a homer, but right now all I need is a bunt or a single. If youre picking up what Im putting down
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Air Force IV
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Andy Dalton, Alex Smith
RB David Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Danny Woodhead, Terrance West, Alex Colins, Chris Carson, Wendell Smallwood, Darren Sproles, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Orleans Darkwa
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, Arob, Cole Beasley, Marquise Lee, Taywan Taylor
TE Eric Ebron, Kyle Rudolph
K Dan Bailey
DEF falcons

2018
Second and on


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cookiecrisp13, derekhiny, Never Veto, Raymond1974, saw061600, UATahoe and 6 guests