Mixon so far

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Mixon so far

Postby AussieMate » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:41 am

So, I took mixon over Davis in the draft (was fine for wr before losing arob). Probably made a bad choice but I like to swing for players I fall for. Haven't watched any Bengals games so far either, was wondering if any game watchers can weigh in on what they have seen so far. Box score looks bad for the entire offence but would like some eyetest reports if I could get some.
Not expecting anything huge but maybe a glimmer of hope lol

lukkynumber13
Legend
Legend

Re: Mixon so far

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:22 am

He's looked just fine. He hasn't been an RB1 like Hunt, LF, or Cook, but they are anomalies for week 1 rookie RB performances
T1
ELI, Flacco
ZEKE/LYNCH, Foreman, Ellington, Darkwa, D Williams, M Jones, Yeldon
WATKINS/ALSHON/THIELEN/MACLIN, J-Matt, Wallace, Humphries, Dorsett, Rudolph, Hansen (AROB/Marshall)
KELCE, Engram, Watson, Shaheen, Maxx
-
DL: JORDAN/FLOWERS/ANSAH, Hughes, Addison, Short, M Jackson, Okafor
LB: CUNNINGHAM/GOODSON/E KENDRICKS, N Vigil, Schobert, James, Morrison, Simon, Nick K, C. Jones, Pullard (FREEMAN)
DB: ADDAE, FARLEY, POYER, Maye, Heath, Amos, Simmons

T2
MARIOTA, Cousins, Rivers, Colt
GORDON/GURLEY/AJAYI, Mixon, Gore, T West, Hill, D Williams, Dayes, M Jones
DEZ/CRABS/DIGGS, Fitz, Parker, Pryor, M Bryant, J-Matt, T Smith, Wallace, Zay, Rudolph, Strong (AROB, Meredith)
DOYLE, Engram, Watson, Swoope, Dickson
-
DL: GRIFFEN/BUCKNER/HEYWARD, Leo W, Wilkerson, Ogbah, Okafor, Zettel, Tomlinson, Covington, Dumervil
LB: WRIGHT/GOODSON/SIMON/KIKO, Klein, Ford, Humber, McPhee, C Jones, Judon, K Robinson, Scarlett, Pullard
DB: CHURCH/WARD/ADDAE, T Wilson, Simmons, Farley, C Davis

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am

For week 1 and 2 Mixon has had the most carries but second most snap counts behind Gio (for week 1 at least). He did however average the most on yardage last night at just over 4 YPC. The Bengals need to clean up this rotation and commit to Mixon or Mixon/Gio at this point for the sake of their season. If they commit to him and give him the carries to find his rhythm I think he'll begin to show what we saw in college.

Also, last night the combination of Gio and Hill accounted for 27 yards on 11 carried whereas Mixon had 9 carries for 36 yards. Those carries would be more beneficial to the Bengals in the hands of Mixon.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton, Stafford
RB: Miller, Crowell, AP, Charles, White, Ware, Collins, Hill
WR: DT, AJG, Parker, Coleman, M Bryant, Jbrown, Meredith, Williams (AZ)
TE: Engram, Brate, Butt
DL: Ansah, Rankins, Allen, Thomas, Laurence, Jarrett, Harris, Jernigan
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Wright, Barron, Goodson, Schobert, Whitehead, R Wilson
DB: White, Poyer, Byard, Evans

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton, Mannion
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Bortles, Eli, Cutler
RB: Howard, Miller, AP, Gio, Burkhead, Vereen, Pumphrey, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, Baldwin, JBrown, Wallace, Lockett, jj Nelson, Godwin, Williams (AZ), Henderson
TE: Eifert, Engram, Witten, Higbee
DEF: Jaguars

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jimmychoi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am

The talent is there. I think Lewis is outsmarting himself. Long term, my view on Mixon hasn't changed. Did you see the move he put on Watts? :shock:
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

AussieMate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby AussieMate » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:11 am

Just saw it, like his move on Norman. I fell in love with that cut from his college tape :surprised:

pierson242
MVP
MVP

Postby pierson242 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 am

jimmychoi wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am
The talent is there. I think Lewis is outsmarting himself. Long term, my view on Mixon hasn't changed. Did you see the move he put on Watts? :shock:
This exactly, its not him its his dumpster fire QB play, its affecting everyone
12 Team Superflex IDP DEVY
QB Luck Winston Dalton
RB Lacy Perine Jquiz Clement
WR AB Baldwin Arob Theilen Sanu Lafell Dorsett
TE Olsen Ertz Leggett Watson
DT Baker Shelton Allen
DE Hunter Dunlap Wilkerson Hughes Barnett Casey Ayers
LB Freeman Wright Goodson Foster Barron Anzalone Martinez Jones Orr
DB Vaccaro HaHa Geathers Cravens Woods Amos
Devys Patterson Dobbins Freeman Holyfield Williams Ausbon Edwards Jeudy Metclaf Robertson Tate Baker

16 Team DLG Joint League with ADrunkenCaveman
QB Brees Wentz
RB Murray Miller Ingram Gore Riddick
WR AB Hilton Tate Lee Lafell Inman Kearse
TE Reed Davis Watson Cook
DT Short McCoy
DE Dunlap Hicks Wolfe
LB Kirksey Poz Foster Williams Walker Analzone Alexander
CB Alford Harris
S Vaccaro HB Church Evans

Phaded
Legend
Legend

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 am

I am not a Mixon fan but I have him in one league because he slid and I grabbed him as inmediate value.

That said, if you drafted him for immediate production you are doing it wrong. It was obvious immediate production would not be there. The combination of a horrid offensive line, Marvin Lewis and 2 other RBs who have a role will not be overcome this year.
Far too lazy to keep updating my teams on this.. was outdated..

ericanadian
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 am

Mascott93 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am
For week 1 and 2 Mixon has had the most carries but second most snap counts behind Gio (for week 1 at least). He did however average the most on yardage last night at just over 4 YPC. The Bengals need to clean up this rotation and commit to Mixon or Mixon/Gio at this point for the sake of their season. If they commit to him and give him the carries to find his rhythm I think he'll begin to show what we saw in college.

Also, last night the combination of Gio and Hill accounted for 27 yards on 11 carried whereas Mixon had 9 carries for 36 yards. Those carries would be more beneficial to the Bengals in the hands of Mixon.
That's some cherry picking there on one game. YTD, Mixon has 45 yards on 17 carries to Hill/Gio 93 yards on 24 carries. This also doesn't take into account pass blocking which is extremely important to the Bengals right now.

The move on Watt was nice, but Watt was already falling down.
The Jolly Rodgers - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Trubisky, Garoppolo
RB - Montgomery, Henry, Bernard, Foreman, Booker, Prosise, Darkwa
WR - Julio, D. Bryant, Watkins, Lee, Gordon, Kupp
TE - Kelce, DeValve
LB - Kuechly, Shazier
DL - Ansah, Suh, Hunter
DB - Joseph, Neal, Peppers
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pac_Eddy
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:36 am

That was a sick move on Watt. I don't know that Watt was falling down, he may have been lunging at Mixon, who was just getting the handoff from Dalton.

Mixon looks fine to me. Good agility, power & speed. As others have said, Marvin Lewis is outsmarting himself & dividing up the snaps. Mixon is clearly the better back. The Bengals offense is atrocious right now. I'd point to the o-line & Andy Dalton.

We'll just have to wait it out.

Orenthal Shames
Starter
Starter

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 am

Phaded wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 am

That said, if you drafted him for immediate production you are doing it wrong. It was obvious immediate production would not be there. The combination of a horrid offensive line, Marvin Lewis and 2 other RBs who have a role will not be overcome this year.
This. I live here in Cincy and watched all their preseason and first two games. Their O-line is even worse than i thought it would be. Mixon is a timeshare back behind one of the worst offense lines in the league. It's going to be ugly for all involved in that offense this season
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015 Champion
2016 3rd Place

QB: Big Ben, Flacco, Mahomes
RB: Gurley, Kamara, Montgomery, Prosise
WR: Cooper, Cooks, Keenan, Crabtree, Sanders, C. Davis
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2018: 3, 3, 4, 4

Servo
Starter
Starter

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 am

The difference is Marvin Lewis still starts Jeremy Hill (for some dumbass reason) and gives him 10 carries or touches, along with Gio being a factor (which is fine). I swear I saw on multiple 3rd and shorts last night where they gave the ball to Gio.....like wtf are you doing?

-Fournette has 0 competition outside of Ivory giving him a breather every few plays.
-Hunt has now be given 0 competition with Ware going down.
-Cook has 0 competition b/c Murray missed the entire preseason and fumbled on one of his first touches.

With Dalton looking like complete bleep, and not scoring in 2 games, Marvin Lewis&OC don't seem to be long for their respective jobs.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

KCLep20
All Pro
All Pro

Postby KCLep20 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 am

Marvin Lewis will be gone after this year and they can get out of Dalton's contract starting next year. The new regime will come in, give Dalton a 1-year prove it season, and with Hill gone, Mixon will be the lead back with Gio giving him some breaks.

If anyone drafted Mixon to produce this year, you're going to be disappointed. He didn't fall in to a situation where he was going to produce in year 1, but I still think he's the most talented overall RB from this draft class.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex(RB/WR/TE)
12 team PPR with 11 Keepers/year
2018 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th
QB: Dak, J.Winston
RB: Gurley, L.Bell, J.Mixon, Gio, E.McGuire, W.Gallman J.Conner (Taxi)
WR: Julio, AJG, DT, S.Diggs, M.Williams (Taxi)
TE: Gronk, OJ Howard

The Red Rooster
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:53 am

Phaded wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 am
Yup. Youve gotta be patient with him if you took him.
10-Team Dynasty League (39 man roster) Established in 2011 ($1,600 Salary Cap with Contract Lengths)
1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 1-Flex (RB/WR), 2-LB, 2-DE, 2-DT, 3-DB (0.5 PPR)
2011 and 2013 Champion
2015 and 2016 Runner Up

QB- Marcus Mariota, Philip Rivers
RB- Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Leonard Fournette, Ameer Abdullah, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Duke Johnson, Joe Williams, Wayne Gallman
WR- Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Josh Doctson, John Ross, Cooper Kupp, Kenny Golladay
TE- Tyler Eiffert, Zach Ertz, David Njokue
LB- Sean Lee, Ryan Shazier, Jatavius Brown, Shaq Thompson, Raekwon McMillan, Nick Vigil
DE- Cameron Jordan, Vic Beasley, Ezekiel Ansah, Shaq Lawson
DT- Damon Harrison, Allen Bailey, David Irving
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Kenny Vaccaro, Miles Killbrew, Jabrill Peppers

2018 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4

Vcize
Starter
Starter

Postby Vcize » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:13 am

I'll play devil's advocate a little bit. He's getting too much of a pass on his week 1 performance. He looked really bad in week 1. If you were willing to read his scouting reports beyond the off the field incident (which seemed to be all anyone wanted to talk about for his downside) the biggest negative every scout had was his poor/mediocre vision and a lack of instincts around the line of scrimmage. That definitely showed up in week 1 bigtime. He looked completely lost without a giant truck sized hole in front of him. He was having a lot of trouble finding the same holes that Hill/Gio were finding and skirting through.

This week he looked much better, though even still his best run came to the outside. I'd like to see him to a little more work banging it up between the tackles though he was definitely improved there.

His athletic talent is undeniable. If he can put it together with good RB skills he will be truly great, but that part is still a work in progress and no guarantee. I think the biggest takeaway is that while everyone here is claiming no one was expecting anything until a few years down the line, the reality is that we were all hoping he would blow up down the stretch this year. Maybe not right out of the gates week 1, but at some point this season. Between the horrid O-line and the growing Mixon still needs to do as a player, that seems much less likely now.
Team 1 (12 team standard, q/r/r/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: Bell, D Johnson, Fournette, Lynch, Peterson, Conner, Foreman, Drake, Hightower
WR: Brown, Diggs, Dez, Lockett
TE: Gronk, Graham
K: Tucker
Def: Jags, Texans

Team 2 (12 team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)
QB: Luck, Wentz, Garropolo
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Thompson, White, Foreman, Charles, Rodgers
WR: Beckham, Cooks, ARob, Benjamin, Moncrief, Richardson, Amendola
TE: Fiedorowicz, Watson, Miller, Fells
K: Lutz
Def: Denver

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 am

Yeah I don't see much happening running in CIN with any of the 3 until the Bengals fix the OLine...same for the Texans to be honest.
Dalton is looking for who to avoid before he hits his back foot and rushing every throw hence inaccurate...messy for both teams. No idea how a smart coach like Lewis can let mgmt allow their 2 best OLinemen to walk with an unproven replacement plan and think they can compete in the NFL.
I mean early yet but looking like a lost season for the Bengals and Texans...can't believe they haven't caved to Brown yet
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Hackenberg
RB: David Johnson, Bernard, Blount, DMC, Ellington, Logan(IR), MLynch** JWilliams (2.14), McNichols(2.15), Tolbert
WR: DT, Jeffery,Cooper, MFloyd, Josh Gordon, Peake, Brice Butler, Switzer, KCole, Chester Rogers, Tommylee Lewis
TE: Rudolph, Hollister