Week 2 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes, last season, the Packers were forced to move Ty from WR to RB. The Packers are also good at developing players, and they do have a long history of the vast majority of their players having never played for another team.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 pm
Friction wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm Yeah i think it was definitely some of a force with his position, but he was still a good find as he was not getting much hype out of college. Just like Cobb, Jordy, Jennings, etc. Though I really liked Jordy at KU and I think Jennings had some fans even though he was from a smaller school. Either way, Montgomery looks like he could have a solid year and i was not trying to buy him anywhere in the off season when I could have.
They drafted him to be a wr. They pushed and pushed for Lacy to be their thing. Then he kept eating and they pushed some more...trying desperately to be a rushing team when they have Aaron freaking Rodgers. They were losing games because of it. Injuries to the rbs FORCED THEM to both put a wr at rb and to start passing more, which is why Aaron finished so hot, and the packers became a tougher team again. It wasn't because the team was smart. It was because they have an elite QB that they were forced to start running more of their offense through...as dumb as that sounds.

Also, Jordy went to KSU
Yes, my apologies for not getting the S in there. Androids do not work well on this site, phones at least it seems, please forgive me. Definitely good fortune on their part, but I remember when they drafted him I said I bet he ends up being their next good wr some day. Rb I never thought would happen in a positive manner.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm Yeah i think it was definitely some of a force with his position, but he was still a good find as he was not getting much hype out of college. Just like Cobb, Jordy, Jennings, etc. Though I really liked Jordy at KU and I think Jennings had some fans even though he was from a smaller school. Either way, Montgomery looks like he could have a solid year and i was not trying to buy him anywhere in the off season when I could have.
Not that it really matters, but Montgomery had a lot of hype going into his last college season; he was viewed by many as a potential (or even likely) late 1st round talent at WR, and was being drafted in quite a few Devy leagues (I only got him in one). He just didn't light it up his last year, was a little inconsistent, and scouts couldn't figure out how he would be used because he was built and moved kind of like an RB but played WR. His fantasy football value then plummeted after GB drafted him in the 3rd and not many saw a path to relevance with Jordy, Cobb, Adams at WR1-2-3, and some people liked Janis/Abbrederis that off-season. He reportedly looked good in training camp, even drew "he looks like a bigger, stronger, faster Cobb out there" reviews...but there were just too many mouths to feed at WR.

I'd say his new role fits his skill set perfectly... I just wouldn't expect him to be used like a 'traditional' RB.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 pm

I swear matt Ryan would be nothing without Julio... Idk why Julio doesn't get more looks... Nothing in the second half until 5 minutes left in the game... Thats one expensive decoy... :/
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Agree with this ^^^. It did seem he was an after thought once he came out if school as he was a pretty good player, but not spectacular. Seems to be working out so far this year, whether it be luck, good fortune, development, etc. Made me a nice chunk of change today in Daily.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:29 pm
Not that it really matters, but Montgomery had a lot of hype going into his last college season; he was viewed by many as a potential (or even likely) late 1st round talent at WR, and was being drafted in quite a few Devy leagues (I only got him in one). He just didn't light it up his last year, was a little inconsistent, and scouts couldn't figure out how he would be used because he was built and moved kind of like an RB but played WR. His fantasy football value then plummeted after GB drafted him in the 3rd and not many saw a path to relevance with Jordy, Cobb, Adams at WR1-2-3, and some people liked Janis/Abbrederis that off-season. He reportedly looked good in training camp, even drew "he looks like a bigger, stronger, faster Cobb out there" reviews...but there were just too many mouths to feed at WR.

I'd say his new role fits his skill set perfectly... I just wouldn't expect him to be used like a 'traditional' RB.
PPR gold, plus a lot of TD opportunities playing in a Rodgers lead offense. Honestly anything rushing production he gives you is just a bonus. I'm still skeptical of him carrying much long-term value, but if you're contending this year he's an absolute RB gem for as long as he can stay healthy.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Has Eli lost "it"?

Dear Ameer,

Do that fancy running stuffs.

Thanks,
Plank.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Munson looks slooooooow
@PlankMelody

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Greg Robinson is getting worked on the line. Geez he's bad.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 pm

the most confusing aspect of poor offensive play by teams like the Giants and Seattle are their play calling choices.

They both have HORRIBLE offensive lines, and yet they predicate their gameplay around a heavy run game and big play passing game. This results in wasted downs because the RBs are met at or behind the line, and sacks because by the time longer route plays have developed in 3rd and long situations the QB is already in the ground.

Why then wouldn't these teams utilize more quick pass/short route plays similar to the likes of a patriots/KC offense?

I understand the concept of staying with your 'philosophy' but if your Oline Cannot execute your style of play then maybe you need to change the way you play, unless you can trade for an all pro offensive line mid season (which you really can't). Otherwise it seems like coaches are just being stubborn and it's resulting in poor offensive play.

But they're coaches in the NFL and I'm not, so what do I know!
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm

^^ I get what you are saying ..

I have a theory about the Chargers .. seems every year everyone picks them as their surprise team, team to win the division etc... which makes sense only to the collection of talent they have assembled.

But what I see, is that they are not good at situational football, they are a very rigid team, meaning they line up and do what they do .. and you (points at you defenses) .. try to stop us. Its not just the Chargers, but it seems some teams come alive in the situation and to be able to think through them, trained to do so .. not an easy feat .. Haven't really shared this because like you, I feel sometimes, what do I know .. heh. But after going to all the Buc practices this year, I have seen it in action, Koetter is always teaching situation .. Yelling, you just cost us the game ..
@PlankMelody

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm

I am pretty happy I drafted Evan Engram to back up Gronk.
He's doing more as a rookie than I thought he would.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Now that's more like it! Needed those Engram points.
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Plank wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm ^^ I get what you are saying ..

I have a theory about the Chargers .. seems every year everyone picks them as their surprise team, team to win the division etc... which makes sense only to the collection of talent they have assembled.

But what I see, is that they are not good at situational football, they are a very rigid team, meaning they line up and do what they do .. and you (points at you defenses) .. try to stop us. Its not just the Chargers, but it seems some teams come alive in the situation and to be able to think through them, trained to do so .. not an easy feat .. Haven't really shared this because like you, I feel sometimes, what do I know .. heh. But after going to all the Buc practices this year, I have seen it in action, Koetter is always teaching situation .. Yelling, you just cost us the game ..
I agree here. I'm a Hawks fan and that's literally how they play both sides of the ball. Now defensively most of the time it works because their talent is there. However offensively it hasn't worked since they had a healthy beastmode. Most teams don't have an RB like Lynch in his prime who could make a mediocre line look great. Now their mentality has stayed the same but their personel no longer fits and It's like trying to fit a square peg in a triangular hole.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Yeah, I've been just throwing him in line-ups even in Week 1, its been fun, I kind of thought Bucky would have similar success, but some insisted he blocked, pffft.
@PlankMelody