Chris Johnson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Chris Johnson

Postby Valhalla » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Cardinals re-signed him in a depth move. They've named Williams as the starter and Ellington is no doubt in line for a pass catching role at least. What are the thoughts on this backfield as the season progresses? Does Chris Johnson become something of value? If the Cardinals are miserable (I think they will be) and decide to just keep DJ shut down in a lost season, can Johnson regain a starting role and help a playoff team?

I haven't really watched him much in years (has anyone?). I'm sure he's slowed down, but does he still have something in the tank? Thoughts?

GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm Cardinals re-signed him in a depth move. They've named Williams as the starter and Ellington is no doubt in line for a pass catching role at least. What are the thoughts on this backfield as the season progresses? Does Chris Johnson become something of value? If the Cardinals are miserable (I think they will be) and decide to just keep DJ shut down in a lost season, can Johnson regain a starting role and help a playoff team?

I haven't really watched him much in years (has anyone?). I'm sure he's slowed down, but does he still have something in the tank? Thoughts?
I picked CJ2K up because Williams obviously didn't make it past waivers. Not expecting much out of him or the rest of this RBBC backfield unless another one of them goes down.

Does anybody know anything about this Penny guy? Looks like he's similiar size to DJ unlike the other backs they have, still young. Has basically no good footage lol, so he's widely an unknown. Is this guy someone worth keeping an eye on as a diamond in the rough?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm

He ran a 4.8 40 lol. Probably acquired as some sort of fullback. Matt Asiata has had some success so I guess anything is possible.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:27 pm

I'll take a pass on the 32 year old rb who couldn't earn a roster spot in the preseason, I want Kerwynn now (especially this week) and if he gets hurt it's a strong nope on the rest of that backfield
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 am

GoodellsPaycheck wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm Cardinals re-signed him in a depth move. They've named Williams as the starter and Ellington is no doubt in line for a pass catching role at least. What are the thoughts on this backfield as the season progresses? Does Chris Johnson become something of value? If the Cardinals are miserable (I think they will be) and decide to just keep DJ shut down in a lost season, can Johnson regain a starting role and help a playoff team?

I picked CJ2K up because Williams obviously didn't make it past waivers. Not expecting much out of him or the rest of this RBBC backfield unless another one of them goes down.

Does anybody know anything about this Penny guy? Looks like he's similiar size to DJ unlike the other backs they have, still young. Has basically no good footage lol, so he's widely an unknown. Is this guy someone worth keeping an eye on as a diamond in the rough?
All I know about Penny is he's been a preseason DFS staple the last couple years because of heavy 4th quarter run where he's averaged 4.0 and 3.2 a carry vs bench scrubs and didn't really get targetted much at all. College stats were also underwhelming. Seemed like a JAG to me, if anything they might use him as a vulture because he's 6'2 234. Not particularly an impressive athlete with 4.8 speed and 28.5 inch vertical. Matt Asiata actually is a pretty accurate player comp since metrics and their college YPC was almost the same.