Shopping for Sleepers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Shopping for Sleepers

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 am

This early part of the season is where I like to haggle and go after the rookie sleepers that I missed during the draft. Usually I target guys that didn't get any game time in week 1 or week 2. I'll make cheaper than normal offers in the hope that their owners are impatient or trying to fill in their roster due to an injury.

A couple of guys I'm going inquire about:
Taywan Taylor
Mack Hollins

Value shopping in dynasty, playing the long game!
Any other good targets out there?

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Shopping for Sleepers

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

josh reynolds.

probably won't do anything this year but the rams can get out of woods contract after this season with little cap hit if they find that he and kupp offer pretty much the same thing. tavon austin also may not be there but even if he is he won't have any impact on reynold's role.

all i'm saying is it might be crowded now but alot can change in a year. and reynolds was a super stud in preseason even if he was playing against players not in the league anymore. mannion did his best to try and murder reynolds but every lick he took he held onto the ball and got straight up like it meant nothing to him.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 am

Tanner gentry. I'm still a believer in this guy. He was getting loads of praise all off-season and now they've lost their 1 and 2 WR. Gentry should get a look and hold a roster spot on the bears
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 am

Right now, guys like Cohen, Buck, and Kerwynn are all rostered in most moderate sized roster/dynasty leagues.

Chicago
- Tre McBride: former favorite, never broke through with Tennessee but is now on the decimated Bears.
- Gentry: Bears PS but favorite of Truthbisky
Wright, Thompson and Bellamy are just not going to get it done. So it'd be nice to see if CHI will give anyone else a chance....hell, maybe they bring back Marquess Wilson lol.

Arizona
- DJ Foster anyone? Johnson just placed on IR, so he's out at least 2 months. Foster was paid well on NE's practice squad, put up nice numbers at AZ State.
- Chris Johnson could resurface but no telling what his form is.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am

With Kevin White unable to stay on the field for more than a few plays in a season, I assume, Tanner Gentry could be in for a promotion.

Older guy, but Chris Johnson did play during the preseason; so he should at least be in football shape. Johnson and the Cardinals have agreed to sign a contract.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am

GLSmk wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 am Tanner gentry. I'm still a believer in this guy. He was getting loads of praise all off-season and now they've lost their 1 and 2 WR. Gentry should get a look and hold a roster spot on the bears
Yup...next up with White on IR I would guess...Bears may as well have him take his lumps while they struggle
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams