Diggs value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Diggs value

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah I still really like Diggs .. maybe a good week to try to buy him everywhere ..
@PlankMelody

dynastyninja
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

JFever wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am
Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

Not sure how much we as a community can read into the effect of 1. a road game, 2. AT the Steelers, 3. Case Keenum. I mean.... :crazy:

Bottom line is quite simple. If you are a critic of Diggs and don't believe in the talent - sure - this game then for you confirms he isn't qb proof or match up proof, if you are a believer, you look at this game and shrug your shoulders and say.... in this crazy game of NFL football, these things happen to the best of them. Then you move on and hope like heck that Bradford gets back under center. Case Keenum is not a top notch NFL back up. I mean.... why the heck didn't the Vikings pick up Kaepernick.... ? :wall:

In the deal I made a couple weeks back, I received Diggs and a 2018 2nd for Jordan Howard. Jordan Howard crapped the bed yesterday. Not the right forum for this question but.... How do we feel about HIM now? See what I mean, we can micro analyze all we want with whomever we want. In dynasty formats, one has to be careful of micro-anaylizing. ie; (Reading too much into small sample sizes)
"Thoughts on him now" is a very appropriate question for Diggs specifically. He has a history of being inconsistent. Were he to come out and put up another great game his value would've solidified in my mind at right around 2 firsts. Because he didn't we still have questions, regardless of the circumstances.
Bye Every Week (14 team PPR, 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE)
QB: Rodgers, Luck, Winston
RB: Bell, Lacy, Anderson, Ingram, Spiller, Miller
WR: Brown, Julio, DT, Dez, Evans, Jordy, Perriman, Randle, Tampa Mike
TE: Graham, Gronk

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am
JFever wrote:
Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

Not sure how much we as a community can read into the effect of 1. a road game, 2. AT the Steelers, 3. Case Keenum. I mean.... :crazy:

Bottom line is quite simple. If you are a critic of Diggs and don't believe in the talent - sure - this game then for you confirms he isn't qb proof or match up proof, if you are a believer, you look at this game and shrug your shoulders and say.... in this crazy game of NFL football, these things happen to the best of them. Then you move on and hope like heck that Bradford gets back under center. Case Keenum is not a top notch NFL back up. I mean.... why the heck didn't the Vikings pick up Kaepernick.... ? :wall:

In the deal I made a couple weeks back, I received Diggs and a 2018 2nd for Jordan Howard. Jordan Howard crapped the bed yesterday. Not the right forum for this question but.... How do we feel about HIM now? See what I mean, we can micro analyze all we want with whomever we want. In dynasty formats, one has to be careful of micro-anaylizing. ie; (Reading too much into small sample sizes)
"Thoughts on him now" is a very appropriate question for Diggs specifically. He has a history of being inconsistent. Were he to come out and put up another great game his value would've solidified in my mind at right around 2 firsts. Because he didn't we still have questions, regardless of the circumstances.
I agree to an extent, but now isn't exactly a fair time to ask "thoughts on him now" because the context of week 2 is extremely important in his case; stats will not tell the full story here. There were a few factors entirely out of his control at play.
Last edited by Seventy5 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team | 1PPR | 1QB-2WR/RB/2FL-1TE | Building:
QB: Andrew Luck | Deshaun Watson | Rivers
RB: Melvin Gordon | Joe Mixon | Alvin Kamara | TMontgomery
WR: TY Hilton | Stefon Diggs | Sammy Watkins | Mike Williams | Agholor | Dorsett
TE: Ebron | Shaheen | Gathers
2018 Picks: 1 | 1 | | 2 | 2 | 3 | 3

12 Team Tiered PPR/TE Premium | 2QB-1RB/WR/TE-4Flex | Rook/Devy League | Contending:
QB: Cam Newton | Matthew Stafford | Cutler
RB: Leonard Fournette | Kareem Hunt | David Johnson | Montgomery | Chubb
WR: Amari Cooper | Brandon Cooks | Jordy | CDavis | MWilliams | JRoss | KBenjamin
TE: Zach Ertz | Eifert | Ebron | Howard | ASJ
2018 Picks: 3 | 3

12 Team | 1PPR 2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FL | Rookie/Devy League | Contending:
QB: Aaron Rodgers | Matthew Stafford
RB: Melvin Gordon | Kareem Hunt | Lynch | Abdullah | Chubb
WR: AJ Green | Dez Bryant | K Allen | Diggs | Cobb | John Brown
TE: Graham | Ebron | Everett | Shaheen
2018 Picks: 2 | 3 | 4 | 4

dynastyninja
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 am

I understand we don't want to overreact, but it seemed appropriate to continue the conversation after a down week and not just after weeks where he blows up. I made sure to qualify that he had a few things working against him.

Oddball456
Starter
Starter

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am
JFever wrote:

So far we have 2 weeks of 2017. Week 1 the Vikings had 470 total yards with 371 passing yards. Week 2 they had 237 total yards with 146 passing yards, without their starting QB who wasn't scratched until a couple of hours before the game. I don't think any of us would be surprised if both of these games ending up being the highest and lowest yardage output by the Vikings all year. So trying to figure out if Diggs can be "consistent" between 2 extreme games doesn't seem like the best idea.

Space Cowboy
Legend
Legend

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 am

Remember when Antonio brown had Landry jones? Smaller guys like he and diggs need accurate seasoned qbs who will anticipate their cuts and breaks and let them use their extra gear to go and make plays that might be out of their reach.
14 team PPR TE premium. 1 QB 1 TE Start 5 --- 0-3 RB 0-5 WR 0-5 TE + IDP
QB: Rivers, Winston
RB: Cohen, Ekeler, Conner, Henderson
WR: Evans, Diggs, Baldwin, Landry, Cooper, Treadwell, Hollins, Maline, Reynolds, Meredith (IR)
TE: Engram, Henry, Howard, Kroft, Doyle, Ebron, Swoope

16 team TE premium 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR flex 1 WR/TE flex + IDP
QB: Prescott, Brees, Trubisky, Beathard, C Jones, Rush, Romo
RB: Gurley, Howard, Collins, Darkwa, Zenner, M Davis, Ward
WR: Crowder, Inman, Hogan, Maclin, Richardson, Rogers, Ty Williams, Malone
TE: Hooper, ASJ, O'Leary, Seal-Jones, Heuremann, Sprinkle
IR: David Johnson, Joe Williams, C Henderson

DE: S Lawson, C Lawson, Peppers, Curry, Hendrickson, Spence
DT: Jones, A Robinson
LB: Marshall, M Kendricks, Schobert, Onwuasor, Simon, Cole, Toomer, Spaight, Munson
CB: Smith, Trufant
S: Bethea, Reid, Tartt, Simmons, Kindred

dynastyninja
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Is there anyone here today who's rushed to his defense that doesn't own him? Come on now. The talent is obvious. I just would've liked to see a little more, even in a tougher situation.

CharlieKelly
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm
Is there anyone here today who's rushed to his defense that doesn't own him? Come on now. The talent is obvious. I just would've liked to see a little more, even in a tougher situation.
You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Also re: the inconsistency stuff, every single WR in the league is going to have off games.

How many firsts did you knock off of Julio's value after his week 3, 5, and 8 performances last year? Look at the bigger picture.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:31 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Me, I don't own him anywhere .. its a mistake on my part. From what I've seen from him, I would put up with his hamstrings and groin pulls, he is electric .. I'm all in .
@PlankMelody

ChuckDiesel405
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ChuckDiesel405 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:34 pm

If anyone is selling at a discount, I'm buying. I'm not going to overreact over one game with a backup QB.

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:44 pm

JFever wrote:

I don't understand it either. The production for the entire offense was down yesterday. The funny thing is that Diggs actually still could've put up bigger numbers if Keenum had a pulse and the referees didn't make a terrible call on an OPI for Diggs.

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:48 pm

CharlieKelly wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm
You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Also re: the inconsistency stuff, every single WR in the league is going to have off games.

How many firsts did you knock off of Julio's value after his week 3, 5, and 8 performances last year? Look at the bigger picture.
There really should be a larger discussion about consistency in fantasy football. Aside from a short list of players, it doesn't exist. Even look at someone like David Johnson from last season:

Games 1-4: 89, 45, 83, 83 rushing yards (75 yd/g)
Games 5-8: 157, 111, 113, 24 rushing yards (101.25 yd/g)
Games 9-12: 55, 103, 58, 84 rushing yards (75 yd/g)
Games 13-16: 80, 53, 95, 6 rushing yards (58.5 yd/g)

Of course, that goes without looking at his receiving numbers too, but it still speaks to the point.

dynastyninja
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Not really necessary for me to pump the brakes. I'm going 5 miles per hour here. I still value him at around a 1st and two 2nds. My valuation has not changed since last week. It just would've been nice to see a better game. Would've made me feel a little better about him becoming more consistent.

dynastyninja
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm

CharlieKelly wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:

You can't justify his inconsistency by saying every receiver is inconsistent. Essentially half of his yards came from three games last year. That's more than just your typical week-to-week variation.

CharlieKelly
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm
CharlieKelly wrote:

You can't justify his inconsistency by saying every receiver is inconsistent. Essentially half of his yards came from three games last year. That's more than just your typical week-to-week variation.
Check the splits. Diggs was the WR3 overall last season when he wasn't listed on the injury report.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 1285096449

Do some research son. :crazy: