Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Reljac
Captain
Captain

Re: Diggs value

Postby Reljac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:25 pm

that's pure bias. Since the passing game actually improved in the weeks where Diggs did not perform well and at the same time the line was suffering and in games they were winning with ease. Analysis easily shows he had huge games against the leagues weakest defenses and weak games against other ones last season.

Thing is that it doesn't indicate what he will do going forward. It's just a plain lazy narrative to ignore how the rest of the passing game performed in those weeks you want to blame the rest of the team.

I think he has great upside. I'm just not stupid enough to claim he's the GOAT already. He sure has to pick up what he delivers outside of the weakest pass defenses though to earn the right to be called a top WR though.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Mark my words, if Diggs stays healthy, every single person here doubting him is going to come back to this thread 3 months from now and ask themselves why the hell they didn't buy him when they had the chance.

When Diggs wasn't listed on the injury report last season, he was the WR3 overall. In the entire league:

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 1285096449

His reception perception numbers are fantastic. He's one of the best route runners in the league. The kid grinds every day. Oh, and he has a healthy OLine now.

The left side is what Diggs did when he had a healthy OLine and wasn't forced into the slot. The right side is when their OLine was wrecked:

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/stat ... 8795044864

He might not be there yet, but he's very close to being a stud, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't actually bothered watching him play.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Reljac wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:25 pm that's pure bias. Since the passing game actually improved in the weeks where Diggs did not perform well and at the same time the line was suffering and in games they were winning with ease. Analysis easily shows he had huge games against the leagues weakest defenses and weak games against other ones last season.

Thing is that it doesn't indicate what he will do going forward. It's just a plain lazy narrative to ignore how the rest of the passing game performed in those weeks you want to blame the rest of the team.

I think he has great upside. I'm just not stupid enough to claim he's the GOAT already. He sure has to pick up what he delivers outside of the weakest pass defenses though to earn the right to be called a top WR though.
Ah, I see people are claiming he is the GOAT, or what you really mean is anyone who does not agree with your very myopic view of how to evaluate players using a spreadsheet is stupid. Got it. The funny thing is I can tell by your answers you don't have a clue what is good wr play. I am done with you and your trolling.

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 am

Is there a way to mute posts from certain users? It would really clean up this thread for me.

I'm a big Diggs fan. He's improved from year to year and the offence looks like it's starting to click. Thielen and Cooks will keep defences honest and I think Diggs can handle a top CB more often than not.

I'd give a 1st and a 2nd for him.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

zuzaque wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 am Is there a way to mute posts from certain users? It would really clean up this thread for me
This is way off topic, but the answer is: yes.
Scroll all the way to the top of the page, and in the upper right corner you will find your user name.
Click on that for the drop down menu, and select "User Control Panel"
From there you should be able to locate a tab that says "Friends & Foes"

If you list a user as a foe, then their postings will be not be easily visible to you.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Reljac,

Ouch man. What a roast. But, hey, in all honesty, I've been wrong on my analysis many times and I'm humble enough to be open about it. But.... I've also been right slightly more often than I've been wrong. I remember the times i've been wrong a bit better though. Probably because of the sting. I bet if someone looked back at my opinions, even those that at the time I felt confident and strongly about, it would be embarrassing to see. Hind sight is always 20/20, so I'd hesitate to grill anyone on these forems too much because most are simply doing the best they can with the information that they have at that moment. I've been around these forums for quite some time now and I've had my disagreements with other posters. Heck, I've even blocked a couple because of the disrespectful nature of their approach. A couple times I've had strong opinions that didn't line up with dm1129's. We've even had our little spats a while back. But, at the same time, I've read many things he's contributed that I DO agree with. So.... at the end of the day, we are all in this hobby and on this forum together. We are in fact a community with a common interest. In this threads particular instance (Diggs), I don't quite see your side of the argument, and I dont agree with how you've come to your conclusion, but, I do appreciate your passion and experiance. I will say too though, that I have read posts on other forum topics that you've contributed to, that I've agreed with. To each their own. And... as dm once said, it is the difference of opinion that contributes to the entertainment of this hobby.

Peace & good luck to ya

Fever
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Hey all ... this is fantasy football, not 'let's allow simple questions to evolve into name calling and labeling". The DLF forums have been around for 11 years now and while they have had their colorful characters and impassioned discussions, we always ask that we treat each other with respect and not let a great game like FANTASY football devolve into character assassinations that take away the enjoyment for the masses that wish to read informative and respectful commentary.

We try to run an unmoderated forum open to all discussions and ideas. Just please do your part to keep it fun and respectful for all. With all the bad going on in the world today, let's pull together and keep these forum a bastion of safety and fulfillment for all.

Thanks!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Cost might get higher after this weekend when Diggs roasts Haden...

Might be last chance to buy for awhile...

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm

onetwothree wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm Cost might get higher after this weekend when Diggs roasts Haden...

I think this weekend will be the telling sign of whats to come, whether good or bad.

Either Diggs will play up to the hype and show everybody he is worth the money, or he will have one of his usual games with a 3/40 stat line and will tell us he is a middle road WR with upside in good matchups.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm
onetwothree wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm Cost might get higher after this weekend when Diggs roasts Haden...

I think this weekend will be the telling sign of whats to come, whether good or bad.

Either Diggs will play up to the hype and show everybody he is worth the money, or he will have one of his usual games with a 3/40 stat line and will tell us he is a middle road WR with upside in good matchups.
This is a good way to look at it. Doesn't help if you want to buy though and are on the fence. If you wait and he plays well his price shoots up. If he does go 3/40 then you don't really want him. I just prefer to let other people play these type of gambling games on guys who may or may not be overvalued due to 1-2 week performances. People were grossly overvaluing Marvin Jones through 6 weeks last year. Now he's a borderline WR3/4. People considering paying a future first for Cohen now. Happens every year
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:35 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm

This is a good way to look at it. Doesn't help if you want to buy though and are on the fence. If you wait and he plays well his price shoots up. If he does go 3/40 then you don't really want him. I just prefer to let other people play these type of gambling games on guys who may or may not be overvalued due to 1-2 week performances. People were grossly overvaluing Marvin Jones through 6 weeks last year. Now he's a borderline WR3/4. People considering paying a future first for Cohen now. Happens every year
I'll admit it, I road the Marvin Jones hype train to long last year and should have sold when I had the chance. But his situation was a little different, coming to a new team and learning a new system while trying to compete for targets with an already established 100 catch WR along side him.

I don't think he will ever dip down to where Marvin Jones is valued right now but if Diggs begins to slow down during tougher matchups, I could see him ending up in the Kelvin Benjamin ADP range (currently low end WR2/high end WR3).

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Why should the next game decide anything? We already know what he's capable of. I don't know why so many are pretending they've never seen Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins or any WR have a really good game and then go 4/45 or something the next game. Diggs has roasted Pro Bowl corners and taken trash defenses out to the curb. The level of competition hasn't mattered.

Middle road WR's do not do what Diggs does. Point blank.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm This is a good way to look at it. Doesn't help if you want to buy though and are on the fence. If you wait and he plays well his price shoots up. If he does go 3/40 then you don't really want him. I just prefer to let other people play these type of gambling games on guys who may or may not be overvalued due to 1-2 week performances. People were grossly overvaluing Marvin Jones through 6 weeks last year. Now he's a borderline WR3/4. People considering paying a future first for Cohen now. Happens every year
I'm not sure what happened to Marvin Jones. I still think he has the upside to be a Top 24 WR this season, but for whatever reason he seems to disappear too much. It may be that the role of being the top WR is too much for him. Whereas, someone like Diggs, has shown it's not too much for him. I don't think the two are comparable at all. Diggs at age 22 showed more than Jones ever did.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm
onetwothree wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm
Cost might get higher after this weekend when Diggs roasts Haden...

Why should the next game decide anything? We already know what he's capable of. I don't know why so many are pretending they've never seen Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins or any WR have a really good game and then go 4/45 or something the next game. Diggs has roasted Pro Bowl corners and taken trash defenses out to the curb. The level of competition hasn't mattered.

Middle road WR's do not do what Diggs does. Point blank.

Yea I don't think one week will truly tell us anything whether it is a good or bad performance. All it will do is shift Diggs' 'market' value slightly one way or another because even though people say they don't, the "what have you done for me lately?" production heavily impacts a players value (i.e. the constant fluctuation of Julio, AJG, Dez, etc over their careers...when the reality is they should all be relatively equal big picture). Ebb & flow / react but don't overreact to good/bad performances unless there is concrete evidence to suggest it will continue.

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm not sure what happened to Marvin Jones. I still think he has the upside to be a Top 24 WR this season, but for whatever reason he seems to disappear too much. It may be that the role of being the top WR is too much for him. Whereas, someone like Diggs, has shown it's not too much for him. I don't think the two are comparable at all. Diggs at age 22 showed more than Jones ever did.

I wouldn't be surprised if his early 2016 injury slowed him down more than he/the team let on. I haven't seen any hard data, but from what I saw week 1 it looked like Peterson was shadowing Marvin Jones most of the game, which could suggest they felt Jones was Detroits best WR? Who knows, but Jones will likely go down as a good value-buy for those who bought low during the off-season.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

K0wned
Role Player
Role Player

Postby K0wned » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 pm

I went all in on the "buy high" of Diggs this week.

I got him in three leagues for:

League 1: Howard + mid-1st
League 2: DT + mid-1st
League 3: Saquan Barkley (devy)