General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Reljac
Starter
Starter

Re: Tarik Cohen is too small to be successful

Postby Reljac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:07 am

jeffster wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:51 am
I hear Barry Sanders name come up regularly, which is honestly amusing. I mean, other than being taller, heavier, the third overall draft pick, a Heisman Trophy winner, and the possessor of the most absurd college season ever recorded (3,248 total yards, 39 tds), yeah, they're basically identical.
:clap:
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Luck, C Wentz, C Palmer, S Bradford
RB: McCoy, David Johnson, I Crowell, J McKinnon, CJ Procise, D Henderson
WR: Julio, A Robinson, M Evans, M Thomas, B Perriman, M Williams, JuJu, C Samuel
TE: J Thomas, D Njoku
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Zona

2018: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

Space Cowboy
Legend
Legend

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:09 pm

I think he is 100% identical Sproles clone. Explosive in the pass game, inconsistent in the run game with lots of negative rushes with a gorgeous 37 yard burst throw in somewhere every other game. TDs will be hard to come by on any sort of consistent basis.
14 team PPR TE premium. 1 QB 1 TE Start 5 --- 0-3 RB 0-5 WR 0-5 TE + IDP
QB: Rivers, Winston
RB: Cohen, Conner, Henderson, McGuire
WR: Evans, Diggs, Baldwin, Landry, Cooper, Treadwell, Hollins, Meredith (IR)
TE: Engram, Henry, Howard, Kroft, Doyle, Ebron, Swoope

16 team TE premium 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR flex 1 WR/TE flex + IDP
QB: Prescott, Trubisky, Glennon, Beathard, C Jones, Foles, Rush
RB: Gurley, Howard, Collins, Darkwa, Mack Brown
WR: Crowder, Ty Williams, J Matthews, Maclin, Richardson, Rogers, Butler, Malone
TE: Hooper, ASJ, Kroft, O'Leary, Heuremann, Travis, Hollister
IR: David Johnson, J Williams, C Henderson

DE: S Lawson, Spence, Peppers, Curry, Lynch, C Lawson
DT: Jones, A Robinson
LB: Marshall, Toomer, Schobert, R Wilson, Onwuasor, M Kendricks, Simon, Lee, Riley
CB: Smith, Trufant
S: Bethea, Reid, Tartt, Simmons, Kindred, Gibson

cazzie33
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm glad all of you metrics genius types fail to believe your lying eyes. Barry played 10 yrs, Sproles about the same , Metcalf 13 with 10 or so productive ones. B. Westbrook had I believe 6-7 .

Small guys who are good at it not taking extra hits can survive by making most of their plays in space. Where were Terelle Davis, Arian Foster, Dave Megget and many more drafted ? Once you get in the league it doesn't matter if you can play . Sure a high pick gets more run but if you show talent you will get your turn.

Cohen got his shot and isn't going away . He has run inside and out so far and ripped off the best run of the game in overtime that should've been a 70ish yds TD that incorrectly got ruled he stepped out of bounds. ( watch the replay)

Just like Barry he is unique in his style. Freak athleticism combined with endurance & desire to be great. The vision for cutback lanes and explosive cuts to get them there are traits they share. Clap, mock and be dismissive of the comparison but if he got the blocking that Howard got against the Steelers Tarik would've been over 200 yds.

Not saying Cohen should replace Howard (yet) but a fairly equal set of snaps is in the cards. Especially if they get on the field together. The Bears are already using Cohen as reverse decoy to freeze the pursuit on Howard carries to great effect opening lanes for Jordan. Again, watch the film. As coaches say ; "the tape don't lie" . Once they establish a semblance of a passing game this Chicago offense can be lethal. Not expecting it to happen with this year's WR corps but the tandem of Howard & Cohen stresses the defense to the max which should open up great opportunities for the passing game on the outside and deep downfield. Just need the players to execute it.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 pm

3 games...looks good...but 3 games.
Lets not say he is sproles or better just yet...all the guys you listed were pretty exceptional players...for years, not 3 games.

I will say he looks pretty good right now. My instinct is to take advantage and sell but who knows...maybe he will turn out to be exceptional too. If guys were offering early 2nds or 1sts I would be out of shares quickly
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Hackenberg
RB: David Johnson, Bernard, Blount, DMC, Ellington, Logan(IR), MLynch** JWilliams (2.14), McNichols(2.15), Tolbert
WR: DT, Jeffery,Cooper, MFloyd, Josh Gordon, Peake, Brice Butler, Switzer, KCole, Chester Rogers, Tommylee Lewis
TE: Rudolph, Hollister

ninotoreS
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 am

My view of him hasn't changed these last few weeks. Mostly it's just been reinforced. Legit talent, but he needs to get up to at least 190lbs before he can be safely projected long-term as a 15-touches-a-week space-back. I think he can do it, but a possibility isn't a guarantee.

I think if he could get up to 195lbs, he could be a genuine feature-back, with 15 carries a week plus receptions. Being able to put on that much more lean weight is very unlikely, though.
"The only definite thing about life is that spiders crawl into your nose when you're sleeping."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 1949 CE

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:40 am

15 carries a week plus receptions is a pipe dream sproles never avg more than 11 touches a game in his career he is a terrific weapon that will never be more than a gimmick guy like it or not . Absolutely love the kids talent . In an offense with some serious wr weapons he will be more dangerous and is a fine COP to howard but don't kid yourself into thinking he will ever be a feature back.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion

QB luck flacco
WR ant brown robinson evans watkins c davis ju ju
RB peterson l. bell mccoy gore blount mixon perine j. williams duke johnson
TE eifert howard shaheen
K tucker DEF new england pittsburgh jacksonville
(2017) 2 1st - (2018) 2 -1st , 2 -2nds
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 ACDL Champion SWEET 3PEAT
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 & 2014 WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 ,2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ninotoreS
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:36 am

Warrick Dunn. Already been over that comp in this thread.

But I believe Sproles could have averaged 15 touches a week with the Saints, if not for coach's choice. He had the rushing ability, and the durability to go with it. Been over that, too.
"The only definite thing about life is that spiders crawl into your nose when you're sleeping."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 1949 CE

Valhalla
MVP
MVP

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:30 am

ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:36 am
But I believe Sproles could have averaged 15 touches a week with the Saints, if not for coach's choice. He had the rushing ability, and the durability to go with it. Been over that, too.
I do agree with this premise, but there's such an obvious size bias in the NFL that you have to weigh that in to gauging a guy's possible statistical upside. You can argue whether or not that size bias is warranted, but it's tough to argue against its existence.