ARob ACL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: ARob ACL

Postby jeffster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 am The weird part about this injury is that it didn't look bad when it happened, at least not to me.
The non-contact followed by walking off the field, which seemed to comfort some, immediately made me think of Jordy in 2015.

These injuries are such a drag.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

jeffster wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 am The weird part about this injury is that it didn't look bad when it happened, at least not to me.
The non-contact followed by walking off the field, which seemed to comfort some, immediately made me think of Jordy in 2015.

These injuries are such a drag.

Exactly, good comparison. I remember thinking the same thing, that maybe they tweaked their knee or something minor.

UMjcb
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby UMjcb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Where are you guys placing his dynasty stock, now?

I've got a team out of contention where it might make sense to buy low.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:29 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 am I read on twitter that it was unlikely they resign him now. He will obviously listen to what the Jaguars have to offer but hard to imagine they give him anything close to face value for his skill level due to the injury. He would most likely be the best WR on the market next offseason (depends on Watkins/Jeffrey resigning also) and could pick his destination.
If true, this is the best thing I've read about the Robinson injury
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:31 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:34 am
Reljac wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am since it's contract year, maybe he will get lucky and get to leave Jacksonville.
Just means they get to re-sign him cheap
Not really if they don't franchise him he is available to the highest bidder like Alshon was. So they either pay him the ~$15M or he is fair game
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:20 pm

On the bright side, ACL's are not career-threatening injuries anymore. Jordy Nelson was able to return from it at an older age, and Kelvin Benjamin looks the same (for better or worse) as he did pre-ACL. Robinson will be 25 when he returns and could possibly be catching passes from a better QB. If you have a chance to buy low, do it.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 pm

I play in two leagues.
I have him in both.

There really is not much to say about it other than it sucks.

This really makes me wonder about him in FA. Likely signs a one year prove it deal somewhere.

Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Maximus891 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Non contact injuries are normally the worst ones
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)
QB- Stafford, Murray
RB- Cook, Gurley, Lindsay, Mixon, Drake
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, TY, Kupp, K Johnson, Parker, Renfrow, Ross
TE- Kittle, I Thomas

Team 4 SF
QB- Wentz, Kelly, Lamar, Brissett, Luck, RG3
RB- Chubb, Cook, KJ, Sony, Montgomery, Gallaman, Sproles
WR- Fuller, Watkins, Sutton, Hollywood, Pettis, Moore, Lee, Funchess, Crowder
TE- Kittle, Henry, Shaheen, LaCosse
Taxi- Gaskins, Love, Harmon, Hurd, Sample

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm

The weird thing is that the guys who ate into his numbers last year, Lee and Hurns, basically did nothing. I'm a hater but he might've had a big comeback season if he hadn't had this injury. Guess we'll never know.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 pm

eNdblu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:29 pm
IBall2 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 am I read on twitter that it was unlikely they resign him now. He will obviously listen to what the Jaguars have to offer but hard to imagine they give him anything close to face value for his skill level due to the injury. He would most likely be the best WR on the market next offseason (depends on Watkins/Jeffrey resigning also) and could pick his destination.
If true, this is the best thing I've read about the Robinson injury
This. Apparently before this happened, it was common knowledge around most NFL front offices that JAX was almost 100% for sure putting the tag on ARob next year if a long term deal wasn't worked out. Now, all bets are off. They may still do it since Lee too is a FA and Hurns is looking like a prime target for a restructure or cut type of scenario, but it's hard to tell if they'll want to pay ARob elite WR money for even one season if they're unsure whether or not he's damaged goods.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 pm This. Apparently before this happened, it was common knowledge around most NFL front offices that JAX was almost 100% for sure putting the tag on ARob next year if a long term deal wasn't worked out. Now, all bets are off. They may still do it since Lee too is a FA and Hurns is looking like a prime target for a restructure or cut type of scenario, but it's hard to tell if they'll want to pay ARob elite WR money for even one season if they're unsure whether or not he's damaged goods.
I kinda feel like it would be a waste for the Jags to spend a ton of money on ARob or Lee. I like them both, but with such a question mark at QB...they need to get that figured out first.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Jags have a ton of money to spend, more than enough for them to pay ARob and Lee and still go out and either get a solid vet at QB or to spend on upgrading their OL
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 pm
BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 pm This. Apparently before this happened, it was common knowledge around most NFL front offices that JAX was almost 100% for sure putting the tag on ARob next year if a long term deal wasn't worked out. Now, all bets are off. They may still do it since Lee too is a FA and Hurns is looking like a prime target for a restructure or cut type of scenario, but it's hard to tell if they'll want to pay ARob elite WR money for even one season if they're unsure whether or not he's damaged goods.
I kinda feel like it would be a waste for the Jags to spend a ton of money on ARob or Lee. I like them both, but with such a question mark at QB...they need to get that figured out first.
Completely agree. I think an amicable parting of the ways may be the best plan for all parties involved. Selfishly as an ARob owner, I'd love to see him go elsewhere. ARob had a monster season with Bortles a couple of years ago so it's obviously possible, but it looks as if the offensive philosophy is changing in JAX, especially for as long as Bortles is under center. High passing volume and playing a lot of games from behind is what helped contribute to ARob's breakout, and I just don't think those specific factors will be duplicated in JAX again in the next couple years. Yes they played with a sizable lead for most of the game yesterday, but I think if you could get an honest answer from Marrone he's tell you that he'd like to see Bortles throw the ball less than 30 times per game.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Please please please let AR15 come to Chicago next year. They desperately need to get Mitchell some wr help. This would be a dream scenario to sign him and then draft a high end rookie wr. Get Mitchell some weapons!

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:57 pm

I forgot how much money they actually have to spend (3rd most in the league) they very well could pay up to keep him and buy a QB in the offseason if they don't get the one they like in the draft. Granted I've seen projections of 5 QBs going in the first round next year, I'm sure they will draft one but I could also see them making a push for a veteran QB like Cousins or Bridgewater in FA.