ARob ACL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: ARob ACL

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 pm
Raymond1974 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm Will the jags keep him? I think his value rises if he lands with a better qb.
Wouldn't make any sense if they let him go, they have more than enough cap space to keep him (just under 41 mil, 3rd most in the league) and even though they're trending toward a ground-and-pound/strong defense team they still need receivers and he's the best one on the team right now. Granted I've never been high on the guy, I think he's pretty overrated, but from an NFL standpoint there's 0 reason for the Jags to let him walk, at the very least they franchise tag him and if he decides that he would rather go elsewhere after that they could also Kirk Cousins him and franchise him for multiple years although I doubt that happens.

ARob and Marqise Lee are both UFAs after this year and Hurns has an out in his contract (he's also far and away the most expensive of the 3) and if he doesn't step up and perform for them while Robinson is out then I'm 90% sure they'll cut him unless they sign him at a big discount. Given all that the odds of them cutting ARob, their most successful receiver over the past 3 seasons, are incredibly low, no matter how little you want to throw the ball gutting your WR corps like that (shitty QB play or no) is a terrible personnel move.

I think they'll try and work a new contract/extension with him sometime late this season/early in the offseason depending on how their season goes (that division is a bit up in the air atm) but they'll probably try and pay him less than they would have if he hadn't been hurt so he won't sign it, then they'll franchise him and see how he is next year after recovery and rehab then work an appropriate deal with him following the 2018 season and probably lock him up for 2019-2021.

For good or for bad, Bortles/Henne/similar talent QB or no, I'm almost 100% certain ARob will be on the Jags for the next 4-5 years (assuming one of those years is under a franchise tag).
My thoughts are if the Jags dont get one of the top QBs coming out next draft they would have to franchise tag Arob. He seems pretty fed up with the Jags (Bortles)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06