I need to vent

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: I need to vent

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:48 pm

All trading really needs to stop! This is hilarious.

It's a race for fleecing the other guy to dominance, or it's everyone paranoid of it.

Swingy trades are the worst, but paranoid vetoes are up there too.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Tsunami wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 am A lot of people on this forum are so against the veto that it becomes unreasonable. Hopefully the people in your league aren't doing the same thing. Explain to them that Robinson is worth more than Gronk in a dynasty. Show them this dynasty ranking where Robinson is 16th and Gronk is 29th. And just keep resubmitting the trade. They might have good intentions and just need an education.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ranking ... verall.php
I am adamantly opposed to a veto for the very reason that this thread was started. This is exactly the type of thing that happens in every single league that allows vetoes. Owners are selfish with this process. It is completely indefensible. I've been in fantasy leagues now for 28 years and I have never once seen a single league survive with the veto process. If you want to have them in a redraft league that is something that has some sense to it but never ever in a dynasty league.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:09 pm

That's complete BS. You should try and trade gronk to these owners who vetoed then for a ransom, when they won't give it to you, hopefully they see the error in their ways.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Tsunami wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 am A lot of people on this forum are so against the veto that it becomes unreasonable. Hopefully the people in your league aren't doing the same thing. Explain to them that Robinson is worth more than Gronk in a dynasty. Show them this dynasty ranking where Robinson is 16th and Gronk is 29th. And just keep resubmitting the trade. They might have good intentions and just need an education.

SAGE ADVICE as usual from tsunami -

then the next thing you do is tell them that your tummy hurts and you think you need to go make poopy if they don't mind after they get done running your fantasy team perhaps they grant you permission to go potty .

demand a refund and GTFO of the kindergarten level league. vetoes are for wussies - people keep saying veto for collusion ...... NO NO & NO the only remedy for collusion is expulsion as the owner's have already demonstrated their lack of character and morals why would you give them a 2nd chance to screw you over - maybe you don't catch them next time.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 pm

It sounds like you're playing in a league where people do not understand the true dynasty value of players. While I prefer the Arob side I see the benefit to each of those sides.

Certain trades should be vetoed if they completely skew the competition or if it's obvious collusion/rookie tampering.

As with a few others I don't believe it's unreasonable to ask for a refund from this league if this sort of power is flashed unreasonably. Would anyone want to be in a league that had unfair management?

But I'd highly suggest pointing the commish and some other players to this forum to help them understand the value of players in the context of dynasty. It's the best of both worlds because they'll get better and become more competitive and as a result you shouldn't run into stupid things like this down the road.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Just about every time one of these threads is posted the general consensus seems to always be the veto isn't justified.

Dude just get out of this league, there's no two ways about it. The last thing you want to worry about EVERY time you work a trade is "Will the rest of the league approve? Do I need to change this up a bit to get past a veto?" the second you're thinking has to become like this that league ain't worth it. You now cannot build the team you want, you have to build the team everyone else will approve of. Find a league where the commish is veto averse.

And it should be the commish that has veto power alone not a league voting. People are not going to be able to separate their own interests in deciding. A veto averse commish will want all trades to go through and not want to use that power at all. If I were in this league, it'd kill the enjoyment for me completely. I take so much time working trades to then have a bunch of other people come in and say nope you can't do that. I agree with others, life is too short to be in leagues with stuff like this.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 pm

skip wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:03 pm

I am adamantly opposed to a veto for the very reason that this thread was started. This is exactly the type of thing that happens in every single league that allows vetoes. Owners are selfish with this process. It is completely indefensible. I've been in fantasy leagues now for 28 years and I have never once seen a single league survive with the veto process. If you want to have them in a redraft league that is something that has some sense to it but never ever in a dynasty league.
I haven't been playing for 28 years but I have for half of that, and I've made hundreds of trades in dozens of leagues, and I've only had a few of them vetoed ever, and some of these really should have been vetoed, and most of the others went through on the second attempt. And the people who are vetoing haven't ever done it out of malice, they just didn't know better. I don't know what kind of assholes you've been playing with but I don't think that is the typical result. All he needs to do is justify it and they will be okay with it. At least try, if I'm wrong then quit.
_yeti wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:03 am Veto should prevent collusion and that is all. Collusion happens, trade is vetoed and the owner is expelled. Beyond that, it should NEVER be used. Prevent bad trades by not inviting bad owners to join the league. Once they're there, let them run their team how they see fit.
Thank you for proving my point about being unreasonable. As usual, the adamant anti-veto people think in absolutes. Why do something simple like try the trade again when you can ragequit and join the anti-veto cult forever because of one little trade.

There's no way to know who is a bad owner until they make a bad trade. If you let a bad owner in your league you need to correct the mistake.

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

TERRIBLE veto! This was a very reasonable trade. This is not coming from an anti-veto guy. In fact, I commish 3 leagues that have a veto process in the rulebook, but it has never been invoked in 16 seasons. We have come close a couple of times, but after discussion of the merits and advantages to each team it has always worked out. If I were in your shoes I would proceed as follows:

1. Post a calm and reasonable explanation of the merits of the trade as you see it. Ask the other owner to do the same.
2. Resubmit the trade and ask that it be approved.
3. If it's approved, then try to continue as a good and productive member of the league. If not, then......
4. Request a refund from the commissioner. Inform him that if a refund is granted you will continue to run the team in good faith until he can find a replacement owner and that you will then leave the league gracefully. If a refund is denied, then......
5. Don't announce your intent, but vote to veto every trade that comes up for the rest of the season (except your own obviously).
6. Divide the other owners into those who voted to veto (Group A) and those who voted to allow the trade (Group B).
7. For the remainder of the season, set your best lineup when playing Group A teams. Tank your lineup when playing Group B teams.
8. Offer lopsided favorable trades to every Group B team. Let the league continue vetoing trades and hope that it tears itself apart.

As a commish, I despise drama in my leagues and would normally chastise an owner for acting as I have described from step 5 down. However, any group of owners that will veto this trade TWICE after being shown that it truly is a fair and reasonable trade is creating its own drama and deserves to suffer for it.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Tsunami wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 pm I don't know what kind of assholes you've been playing with but I don't think that is the typical result.
In any league I've played in that has used vetoes (which is a long time ago) what happened in this thread happened in all of them. This is the most common outcome. Not an outlier.

I've only once left a dynasty league over a trade issue. It was an isolated case in what have otherwise been perfectly fine trades in every league. Collusive/highly imbalanced trades never happen in leagues with reasonable owners.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Feels like there's more to the story but otherwise yeah, time to find new league.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:02 am

So, Allen Robinson just tore his ACL in the first quarter of the first game. What happened with this veto, did you get the trade through?

spartan833
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spartan833 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:25 am

THat other guy has to be pissed

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:26 am

So now the league took it on themselves to 'protect' an owner from themselves because they don't like Ty Montgomery and did like Gronk.

The guy who was trading Arob is probably more than likely going to want to quit the league... he got royally screwed and now has a player out for the season he otherwise shouldn't have.

Further... Ty Montgomery received 90% of the snaps in week 1 as the every-down back and is expected to be an RB2 so long as he stays healthy, completely mitigating their veto argument.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 am

Trade your dynasty assets for redraft assets. Do whatever it takes to win this year and dont worry about the long term health of your team. Cash out if possible and at the end of the season inform your league that you will not be returning. Had to do this once already for a similar situation. I took 2nd place and felt no remorse.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Prickler wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 am Trade your dynasty assets for redraft assets. Do whatever it takes to win this year and dont worry about the long term health of your team. Cash out if possible and at the end of the season inform your league that you will not be returning. Had to do this once already for a similar situation. I took 2nd place and felt no remorse.
Gonna be hard to do that with these guys vetoing everything but this could be pretty good advice. I mean, if he's built a team up to contender status it would suck to ask for a refund and have wasted all that time, plus who's to say the commish won't be a dick about giving him his money back.