Have you ever seen this?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Have you ever seen this?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Have you ever seen someone trader their entire roster for another guy's roster? Have you ever offered someone your roster?

:lol:

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Have you ever seen this?

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Not a serious offer. I have offered to swap an entire set of draft picks during a redraft, essentially changing draft position. But the closest I have seen to what you are asking is that I've seen an owner quit a league and then take over a different team. This has happened in two different free leagues I have been in.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 pm

I haven't but I've only been playing since 2014 and I've cut my leagues back significantly ..
@PlankMelody

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:22 pm

I think in a free league, it would be alright for owners to swap teams. I have seen it happen when an owner goes inactive, and a current team owner takes over that orphan and gives up ownership of his current team (basically swapping teams). I wouldn't have a problem with this. I wouldn't have a problem with two active owners swapping teams either really. I can imagine a scenario when a league has been around for a while, and there isn't much trading...I could see an owner getting tired of staring at the same roster. Might be a fun exercise to swap rosters with another owner. Another scenario being if an owner of a competitive team swaps with a rebuild...if that owner is looking for the challenge of a rebuild.

I don't think it is a common occurance, but I think it happens.

It might be different in a pay league, but I don't think it's a big deal in a free one.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:32 pm

You don't have a problem with an owner quitting their own team and taking over someone else's team? In a dynasty league? I certainly have a problem with it.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:27 am

Tsunami wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:32 pm You don't have a problem with an owner quitting their own team and taking over someone else's team? In a dynasty league? I certainly have a problem with it.
I have a problem with any owner quitting a league, but that's the nature of the game. If I need to find an owner for one team anyway, then I have no problem letting a current owner take over the orphan team and finding a replacement for that team. This is assuming no other owners have a problem with it. And this is coming from someone who doesn't play in pay leagues as obviously this would be a different story.

Would you have a problem if one team had two co-owners, and one of those co-owners took over an orphan team if one opened up? It's not exactly the same thing but it's pretty damn close.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 am

I would not have a problem with a "co-owner" taking over a different team but when an owner switches teams it's basically an admission that they screwed up the previous team, so why would I want them to screw up another team? I would prefer they leave the league if they don't like how they have built their team.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:36 am

yep, owner's hopping teams is a bad sign. If they are a good owner they should be able to build a team, not require swapping to be competitive.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:20 am

Tsunami wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:11 am I would not have a problem with a "co-owner" taking over a different team but when an owner switches teams it's basically an admission that they screwed up the previous team, so why would I want them to screw up another team? I would prefer they leave the league if they don't like how they have built their team.
I would agree with you that if the owner didn't have a clue how to run a team and screwed up his old team...then yes, he has no business being in the league, let alone swapping teams. However, it's pretty narrow minded to think that the only reason an owner would swap teams is because he can't run a team and wants to take the easy way out. I listed one above, and mentioned about the co-owner taking over one.
Here's another scenario: a bad owner left the league and his former team in shambles. No draft picks, low value players with no trade value, bottom of the barrel team that is not attractive at all to a possible new owner. In fact, the league is having a hard time even finding a new owner. Would you have a problem with another team owner swapping teams, taking over the crap team and making his former team available as the orphan?