Jonathan Williams released

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jonathan Williams released

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm

@$%@#$%!@#$!@# Bills GM @%#$@#$ that @#%$!@#$!.

heh. He needs to go.
@PlankMelody

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Plank wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm @$%@#$%!@#$!@# Bills GM @%#$@#$ that @#%$!@#$!.

heh. He needs to go.
I'm thinking that too. Maybe they will work out but these moves seem crazy to me. It's like they are trying to tank, I guess that's what they really could be doing, lol.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm They will be drafting a rb next year with one of their 9 picks in the first three rounds. Maybe Barkley. Qb probably too since Tyrod is obviously not a favorite of theirs. Williams is definitely a surprise, but there has to be a decent reason behind it since money was not an issue with him right now.
the current idiots running the hapless bills should have the fans howling for rex and doug whaley back , it is starting to look like the bills aspire to be the 2008 lions . Why not trade shady and start tj yates at qb .
If I were a vet there I would mutiny my way the hell out of that insane asylum.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Are people really this riled up over an unathletic 5th round rb averaging 3.5 YPC being cut?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:31 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:50 pm
Friction wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm They will be drafting a rb next year with one of their 9 picks in the first three rounds. Maybe Barkley. Qb probably too since Tyrod is obviously not a favorite of theirs. Williams is definitely a surprise, but there has to be a decent reason behind it since money was not an issue with him right now.
the current idiots running the hapless bills should have the fans howling for rex and doug whaley back , it is starting to look like the bills aspire to be the 2008 lions . Why not trade shady and start tj yates at qb .
If I were a vet there I would mutiny my way the hell out of that insane asylum.
It's not too late for them to trade Shady AND Tyrod. Wouldn't be a total surprise with this regime.

My thoughts are with you about vets on ANY obvious rebuilding team. Why keep Shady and Taylor (as he is getting up in years too)? Why keep guys like Forte and Mccown on the Jets if obviously they are tanking? It sucks watching some of these vets rot away on sinking ships when they could be helping a team at least make it to the playoffs.

Totally hijacked the thread a bit, but as a Williams owner...I am hoping for better days on a better team. Plenty of teams could use a solid backup/RBBC type.

Valhalla74
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Valhalla74 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:50 pm

I scooped him up in some deeper redraft leagues because A) Shady is always nicked up, B) the line is good and C) I was a Shady owner last year and Gilleslie was more than serviceable to throw in there in a pinch. I thought Williams would pick up where he left off, but this news is icky. Some team is going to get a good back. Any dynasty owners sell low/high on him now of this news?

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm Are people really this riled up over an unathletic 5th round rb averaging 3.5 YPC being cut?
As a Bills fan, I was surprised by the move, but did not think much of it with how things have been lately. He had nice sleeper appeal for if/when Shady misses time, but i think they will go after a better talent in the draft next year. The tanking thing is somewhat tough, but as a Minnesotan i have watched both the Bills and Queens constantly fight for records between 7-9 and 9-7 most years. I always thought at some point you almost have to blow it all up to have an actual shot at winning a championship. Sure you can squeak into the playoffs and that gives you a chance, but getting to contender status takes a lot more. Williams will get his shot elsewhere, probably New England.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:52 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm Are people really this riled up over an unathletic 5th round rb averaging 3.5 YPC being cut?
As a Bills fan, I was surprised by the move, but did not think much of it with how things have been lately.
I get the surprise factor. I've never liked him, but didn't expect him to be cut I guess simply b/c of the positive buzz in his favor. In fact, I bet the Bills were trying to hype him up in order to trade him. What I don't understand is thinking it was a dumb move to cut him.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 pm

My guess is people thought he was the heir apparent and also since the next in line is Banyard and Tolbert. One would think they will snatch somebody else up or something. They are doing what the Browns are doing and stockpiling picks to go after impact players in the draft and to have ammo to move up when needed.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm
As a Bills fan, I was surprised by the move, but did not think much of it with how things have been lately.
I get the surprise factor. I've never liked him, but didn't expect him to be cut I guess simply b/c of the positive buzz in his favor. In fact, I bet the Bills were trying to hype him up in order to trade him. What I don't understand is thinking it was a dumb move to cut him.
I get where you're coming from, but don't make it sound like this was a move that a winning team makes. Despite your aversion Williams was the second best RB on the team. My theory is they cut him because if Shady goes down they want to tank harder. In which case it's not necessarily a "dumb" move but it certainly makes their team worse.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:11 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm

I get where you're coming from, but don't make it sound like this was a move that a winning team makes. Despite your aversion Williams was the second best RB on the team. My theory is they cut him because if Shady goes down they want to tank harder. In which case it's not necessarily a "dumb" move but it certainly makes their team worse.
Maybe they believe they can trade a 6th-7th round pick for a better back elsewhere, which they almost certainly can.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:51 am

perhaps anthony lynn takes a shot on williams he would/could be as good as the chargers current back up rbs . Solid landing spot if it happens & any place has got to be better than buffalo.
You want a good laugh go check out doug whaley's draft picks and tell me he could win the dynasty leagues you are in . Just goes to show that just because someone rises high in a profession doesn't mean they are worth a damn at their job.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

dynasty11
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty11 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 am

The Bills have some talent the jets are so bad they played their starting QB in the 4th preseason game. He got hurt and then had to return to the game. That is all you need to know about the Jets.

Anyways back to the topic Williams will definitely get picked up I think it it would be pretty funny if the Pats got him. Not ideal just funny.
Amber Alert
QB: Herbert, Stafford
RB: Monty, David Johnson, Gurley, Edmonds, Gainwell, Khalil Herbert, K Drake, Gus Edwards, Funck, Toney Jones, tyson williams,
WR: K. Allen, D. Adams, D.J. Chark, Ayiuk, B. Edwards lv, Van jefferson, Gage, M. Callaway,
TE: Kelce, Traughtman.

Question Marks
QB: R. Wilson, C. Wentz
RB: Fournett, D Cook, Mike Davis, Swift, Gurley, Mattison, David Johnson
WR: K. Allen, DJM, ARob, Hilton, C Davis, S. Shepard
TE: Waller, Ertz

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm My theory is they cut him because if Shady goes down they want to tank harder.
I mean anything is possible but I can't wrap my head around that one. Tanking by cutting a seemingly average at-best backup RB? And suppose JWill actually played well, that just means they would be more likely to get something in a trade for him.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 am

I don't understand all the "anywhere is better than Buffalo" talk. The Bills rbs led the league in yards before contact last year, by a good margin. That's largely a complement to their OL consistently opening up nice gaps. Yet, a rb that is set up for #2 work behind this very effective OL is better off pretty much wherever else he goes...where he'll likely be #3 at best?