So. Phillip Dorsett is a Patriot now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: So. Phillip Dorsett is a Patriot now.

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:49 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 pm
Actually, he did pretty okay in his two spot-starts last year the Pats never expected or planned for him to have to make. No picks, completed more than 60% of his passes for a 7+ YPA. The problem in those games was that the 3rd-string rookie suddenly having to make starts plainly hadn't mastered the offense enough yet to functionally lead it, which is hardly surprising, considering the circumstances and how complex the Pats' offense is to begin with.

But regardless of all that, '16's sample-size (just 55 pass attempts) does not represent enough tape for you to already condemn Brissett's prospects. Not objectively, anyway.
To throw your own crap back at you, if you actually watched those games last year, he almost never threw a pass more than 5 yards past the LOS, and when he did, it was wildly inaccurate. His YPA may look OK, but I'd be curious to know the average depth of target on those passes. I'm a Pats fan so I've seen every snap of his in the last two preseasons and those 2.5 games he played in the regular season. It's not a big sample, so I'm speaking largely via eye-test here. And my eyes show me someone who's not a talented passer, at least not at anything beyond short passes.
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 pm I don't think you even watched the game.
:roll: Whatever dude. All I can say is this - as a Pats fan, I'm really freaking happy that the Pats didn't view him as the future solution to the post-Brady era.
His aDoT looks not too bad at 7.47. Right around Carson Wentz. 10 of his 55 throws went for more than 20 air yards, which is a pretty high percentage.

The problem was more that he only completed one of those throws... A 30 yard lob to the Black Unicorn. 319 of his 400 passing yards were YAC, which is hilariously high and explains his respectable YPA.

While I agree that this is small sample size and shouldn't be used as a final verdict on the guy, what about his college career suggests he'll be any better? I never really understood why the Pats took him so early to begin with.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm

If the Patriots can make Hogan relevant why not Dorsett!
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:39 pm

He'll be a go route player decoy with the occasional highlight reel play.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Jimi Hendrix wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm If the Patriots can make Hogan relevant why not Dorsett!
Hogan is not and has never been relevant.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Mitchell on IR now. I'm guessing this development isn't a shock for the Pats, and played a part in their motivation to acquire Dorsett.
bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:49 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 pm I don't think you even watched the game.
:roll: Whatever dude.
Confirmed.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:44 pm

And now M Mitchell is on IR. Let the ascension up the depth chart commence!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

So that wasn't good. Brandin Cooks isn't good, Hogan isn't good, Amendola is just okay. Or maybe the Chiefs defense is amazing. Either way, I was pretty sure Dorsett would be a non-factor, and now I am considerably less sure. I'm still not going to touch him but if his targets go up next week I'll probably reconsider then.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 am

Tsunami wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm So that wasn't good. Brandin Cooks isn't good, Hogan isn't good, Amendola is just okay. Or maybe the Chiefs defense is amazing. Either way, I was pretty sure Dorsett would be a non-factor, and now I am considerably less sure. I'm still not going to touch him but if his targets go up next week I'll probably reconsider then.
Huh? If not for 2 DPI's in/near the endzone he has ~130 and 2 scores. He set up 2 goalline TDs by beating his guy and drawing the penalty.
It wasn't great for fantasy and it seems him and Brady were a little off on timing a couple times, but football-wise he had a very positive impact on the game for NE.
I do agree that Mitchell going on IR and Amendola being his usual injured self makes Dorsett way more interesting. Not adding him yet, but watching.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am

Yeah - saying Brandin Cooks isn't good is a pure example of just looking at the stat sheet and not watching the games.
He drew PIs like a magnet; but that does not help us for fantasy purposes.

He also had a couple slightly underthrown balls by Brady that gave the defender the chance to break it up.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 am

Nows your chance to buy Cooks! I might throw out an offer in a few leagues just to get a feel after the dust settles for week 1.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 am

I think that NE really regrets cutting Carr.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am Yeah - saying Brandin Cooks isn't good is a pure example of just looking at the stat sheet and not watching the games.

He also had a couple slightly underthrown balls by Brady that gave the defender the chance to break it up.
Yeah I agree, I thought cooks looked quite good actually. Hogan didn't look amazing, but he didn't look bad either. If anyone looked bad that game, it was Brady tbh. He was missing wide open targets, and wasn't as sharp as last season imo.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am

jtd1387 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 am
Tsunami wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm So that wasn't good. Brandin Cooks isn't good, Hogan isn't good, Amendola is just okay. Or maybe the Chiefs defense is amazing. Either way, I was pretty sure Dorsett would be a non-factor, and now I am considerably less sure. I'm still not going to touch him but if his targets go up next week I'll probably reconsider then.
Huh? If not for 2 DPI's in/near the endzone he has ~130 and 2 scores. He set up 2 goalline TDs by beating his guy and drawing the penalty.
It wasn't great for fantasy and it seems him and Brady were a little off on timing a couple times, but football-wise he had a very positive impact on the game for NE.
I do agree that Mitchell going on IR and Amendola being his usual injured self makes Dorsett way more interesting. Not adding him yet, but watching.
Yep this. Cooks looked pretty good to me. Brady was off, but if not for a couple PIs Brady would have probably had two TD throws and Gillislee two less TD runs. But I guess, according to the stat sheet, Cooks sucks and Gillislee should be rushed up to a first round start-up pick.

I'm assuming Tsunami is trying to drive the price down so he can buy Cooks :D

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 am

grooner wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am Yeah - saying Brandin Cooks isn't good is a pure example of just looking at the stat sheet and not watching the games.

Yeah I agree, I thought cooks looked quite good actually. Hogan didn't look amazing, but he didn't look bad either. If anyone looked bad that game, it was Brady tbh. He was missing wide open targets, and wasn't as sharp as last season imo.
Pretty much...he was off target on more than a few throws. Looked jumpy in the pocket when he wasn't even being pressured much.
Cooks looked awesome I thought...beating chiefs DB's all night but the were sliding a S over him most of the time. Interesting that Peters wasn't shadowing him.
I think Berry covering Gronk made Brady a little less comfortable just tossing it up in his direction.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:15 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am
jtd1387 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 am
Yep this. Cooks looked pretty good to me. Brady was off, but if not for a couple PIs Brady would have probably had two TD throws and Gillislee two less TD runs. But I guess, according to the stat sheet, Cooks sucks and Gillislee should be rushed up to a first round start-up pick.

I'm assuming Tsunami is trying to drive the price down so he can buy Cooks :D
No I thought he looked bad. He looked good... because he drew penalties. I like people who get catches.