So. Phillip Dorsett is a Patriot now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: So. Phillip Dorsett is a Patriot now.

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:48 pm

skip wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:23 pm I'm surprised by some of the comments in this thread regarding Brady. I've never expected anything other than him to play out his entire career with the Patriots at the starter and that probably means another 3 years.
Pats are just up against it now next year with Jimmy and Brady. No matter what route they go, they'll be faced with a tough choice. Brady will be 41, and iirc, no QB in the history of the sport has remained elite at that age. Of course, Brady is the GOAT, so, who knows. Point is, it would be quite the gamble for the Pats to put their future on the line starting a 41 year old QB with no locked-and-loaded #2 QB waiting in the wings, but to keep Jimmy G next year they'll either have to franchise-tag a clipboard holder or give a clipboard holder a starter-caliber deal.

Brissett hasn't gotten Jimmy's hype, but he seemed good enough to be a viable, winnable stop-gap starter in the event Brady's play suddenly drops off a cliff in the future. Now the Pats don't have that option. If they let Jimmy go next offseason, they'll be all-in on Brady lasting long enough in his 40s to give them enough time to develop another successor good enough to QB this team with a roster poised to continue competing for silverware every year.

This has happened before, sort of. Niner fans never thought Montana would retire wearing another team's jersey, but Steve Young was ready. More recently, Favre-Rodgers in Green Bay. Both instances, the team allowed a still effective, first-ballot HoFer to go to another team because they believed the young guy they had waiting in the wings was too valuable to let go.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Dorsett isn't good, so not a lot to see here. Brissett isn't NFL-ready so I would say this is them realizing that their backups are bad. I don't think it says anything bad about Luck, isn't like they traded for Weeden or something. I think the most important part of this is that Dorsett was on the field for 72.5% of offensive snaps last year, and Chester Rogers is taking that role. Has to add confidence for Moncrief owners, and might make Chester Rogers worth stashing. Last I heard they weren't liking Kamar Aiken, so there has to be hidden value somewhere.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:25 pm

More likely that they trade Brady next year or he regresses extremely hard by the end of year this year than they let Garoppolo walk so to speak. They notoriously trade players a year early before their collapse... Wilfork and Welker are ones that immediately come to mind. Why would you keep a player that performs well for 1-3 more years for a player that is more likely to be your franchise player for the next 8-10 years+.

With Phillip Dorsett there doesn't seem to be anything to see here atm. Maybe he becomes something? But Cooks/Hogan/Mitchell seem the most likely to maintain that deep threat potential with the first 2 filling in the slot with the RBs + Amendola getting a higher target share. TL;DR: Dorsett added for depth reasons
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:24 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:52 am Endorsement for Dorsett but makes you wonder about the value of Amendola and Hogan who were the assumed next man up.
Dorsett doesn't play the slot, he's strictly an outside guy. I think Amendola will still get every chance to be their main slot guy, and Mitchell will still have seniority over Dorsett for snaps behind Hogan and Cooks

Cooks
-
-
Hogan
Amendola
Mitchell
-
Dorsett
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:51 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:24 pm Dorsett doesn't play the slot, he's strictly an outside guy.
Dorsett has played some slot for Indy. Hilton typically moved to the slot in 3-wide, especially last season, but whenever he didn't, or in 4-wide, Dorsett was usually the second choice. The rotoworld blurb suggested otherwise, but rotoworld blurbs are routinely careless with their assertions.
I think Amendola will still get every chance to be their main slot guy, and Mitchell will still have seniority over Dorsett for snaps behind Hogan and Cooks
True until if/when Dorsett can learn the offense as well as they have, but trading for Dorsett seems to suggest a lack of confidence in Amendola and Mitchell.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:51 pm Dorsett has played some slot for Indy. Hilton typically moved to the slot in 3-wide, especially last season, but whenever he didn't, or in 4-wide, Dorsett was usually the second choice. The rotoworld blurb suggested otherwise, but rotoworld blurbs are routinely careless with their assertions.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, I'm just speaking from my visual memory. Although I'll admit, I don't get to watch all the games. I guess I get a little defensive sometimes because people often automatically assume short WRs (and white WRs) are "slot guys", haha
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Do people honestly believe BB/Kraft would trade Brady? Never.. going...to...happen!!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Tsunami wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:23 pm Brissett isn't NFL-ready
Looked pretty darn ready the other night. Although he's still gotta learn Indy's offense, so little chance he starts Week 1 over Tolzein or however his name is spelled.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:12 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:08 pm Do people honestly believe BB/Kraft would trade Brady? Never.. going...to...happen!!
I wouldn't rule it out and think it's the most logical course of action. They could've traded away Jimmy G for more than a 1st round pick this off season and they chose not to. They won't be able to pay both Brady and JG for more than a year you would think as JG will want to go cash in somewhere and start instead of being a backup.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:23 pm

I think it was more about value and less about brady.. brisset wasn't anyrhing but a 3rd string qb..
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:32 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:51 pm Dorsett has played some slot for Indy. Hilton typically moved to the slot in 3-wide, especially last season, but whenever he didn't, or in 4-wide, Dorsett was usually the second choice. The rotoworld blurb suggested otherwise, but rotoworld blurbs are routinely careless with their assertions.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, I'm just speaking from my visual memory. Although I'll admit, I don't get to watch all the games. I guess I get a little defensive sometimes because people often automatically assume short WRs (and white WRs) are "slot guys", haha
Wasn't so much thinking of where they've played more so that NE made the trade. I think NE is really good at finding players and putting them into where they fit in NE's system.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Dorsett is very talented. He actually has similar athletic measureables to Brandin Cooks. The issue with Dorsett is that he's still very raw and hasn't improved his skillset. He's very much a one-trick pony. That trick is something that Brandin Cooks and Chris Hogan can do with more route versatility.

It's a weird trade to me, but who knows what the Patriots have in store for him.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:32 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 pm
Wasn't so much thinking of where they've played more so that NE made the trade. I think NE is really good at finding players and putting them into where they fit in NE's system.
This. What look like misfits become stars on the Pats. Woodhead, Hogan, Welker, Edelman. It'll be interesting with Burkhead this year. Dorsett? Never doubt the hoodie.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:22 pm

As a beleaguered Dorsett owner myself, I must caution some of you that there's a reason Dorsett's overall PFF grade last year was 45. Dorsett hasn't been getting enough separation on many of his route types. His hands are good, and he attacks at the catch-point pretty well. But his route-craft. It's a problem.

I would love to believe Belichick and McDaniels are on to something I don't see yet, but at this point that feels more like wishful thinking than reasonable presumption.

Still, though, it obviously wasn't going to work for Dorsett in Indy. He apparently needs different coaching if he's gonna succeed at all, and now he's got it. So. We'll see.

edit 5: meh, just nevermind what I had right here before
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:07 pm

I'd file this right after the " So. Kona Ealy is a Patriot now" article :roll: