Saquon Barkley official thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Saquon Barkley official thread

Postby maxhyde » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 am

I am with those analysts...just looks like he is a different level athlete and football player
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 am

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm All I know is these 2 top backs next year better not be the disappointments that Fournette and Cook were this year.
I'm curious what your feelings are on these two now that we've actually seen them play?
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

After that performance, Barkely should sit out the rest of the year and he'd still be a top 5 pick.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm

He is an absolute stud...This stop on a dime run and this hurdle run show that he is on another level. He seems to have an elite combination of speed, power, balance, quickness, vision, and whatever else you might want in a RB.

Now the way-too-early question is...where do you think will he land in the draft? I'm guessing he goes top 10. Assuming teams like the Jets/Browns/49ers are possibly looking at QB, and several bad teams are already set at RB (Chargers, Bengals, Dolphins, Bears) that leaves some options such as Bills, Ravens, Colts, Giants, Texans, and Saints.

I still think he is an easy choice for the 1.01 no matter where he lands though.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:29 pm

He goes to the Bills. Their plan all along with an aging Shady and only Tolbert behind him. Then they either roll with Peterman and Saquan, or package one or more of their 2nds and 3rds with KC's low first to move up and grab one of the qbs who falls in the first rd. Theere may be nearly a half dozen going in the first/early 2nd next year.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:33 pm

juke05 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm He is an absolute stud...This stop on a dime run and this hurdle run show that he is on another level. He seems to have an elite combination of speed, power, balance, quickness, vision, and whatever else you might want in a RB.

Now the way-too-early question is...where do you think will he land in the draft? I'm guessing he goes top 10. Assuming teams like the Jets/Browns/49ers are possibly looking at QB, and several bad teams are already set at RB (Chargers, Bengals, Dolphins, Bears) that leaves some options such as Bills, Ravens, Colts, Giants, Texans, and Saints.

I still think he is an easy choice for the 1.01 no matter where he lands though.
:shock: that first link is incredible

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm

juke05 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm He is an absolute stud...This stop on a dime run and this hurdle run show that he is on another level. He seems to have an elite combination of speed, power, balance, quickness, vision, and whatever else you might want in a RB.

I think to three destinations: Ravens, Eagles or Giants

Ravens mustnot be glad for dixon and should move from him next year.

Eagles well this is obvious smallwood will have his chance to prove he can be the guy but the fact the eagles wanted badly cooks makes me wonder what they really think about him. Clement is just a guy.

Giants would be probably the most horrible in term of fantasy for him with their pathetic oline but giants have nobody at the position and even if they improve ther oline perkins and others are not really good. That said giants shoud go qb first so
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 pm

If Andrew Luck never gets right this season the Colts could easily be in the mix as well to snag him. Gore is a free agent at the end of the year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm

I think he ends up on the Browns. And behind that offensive line...

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 am
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm All I know is these 2 top backs next year better not be the disappointments that Fournette and Cook were this year.
I'm curious what your feelings are on these two now that we've actually seen them play?
Pre-combine, pre-draft, it was definitely either Cook 1.01 or Fournette for me. (CMC actually went 1.01.) Then, like I said, the combine and draft happened so I soured on them like plenty of folks, which isn't unreasonable.

Fast forward...

With Cook, things happened quickly in August and early September, well after our 1st round draft. Basically, he became their clear starter by regular season's start, and that wasn't as clear before. Add in the whole Vikings offense playing way, way above expectations so far - no matter who the QB is apparently, which is stunning.

Cook is tough for me to swallow, because I would have drafted him 1.02 knowing he'd be "the man" come September. All the middling dynasty teams look to have scored big around the 1.05-.07 range with Cook or Hunt, a place in round 1 that isn't historically "bank" for stud RBs. It's where I've burned myself on busts like Yeldon in the past.

Typical draft madness... truth is sometimes you go for your guy, sometimes you hit, sometimes you bust hard. I didn't have enough info to feel good about taking Cook at 1.02 in May, but here we are now and he's definitely the dual-threat workhorse I'd been desperate for for years. (But c'mon, Keenum? Really? How??)

As for Fournette, Richardson comes to mind - another one of my epic RB draft bust picks in the early or mid-1st. They're force feeding him on one of the historically worst teams/franchises in the league captained by a bad, or at best, Jekyll and Hyde QB. Maybe he doesn't suddenly start to suck after a good rookie year like Richardson - if he does, it'd be because of his history of lower body injuries - but unlike Cook, I'm not as upset about missing here. Risk just seems significantly higher compared to Cook.

I want to say that these two guys (and Hunt) have taught me to ignore a bad or incomplete combine sometimes. The real question is... which times? There's no discernible pattern - especially with RBs. Instead... chaos. Unfortunately, it's starting to feel like the more I analyze these guys, the less I learn about who the best one is to draft.

All this said... I'm on the "100% rebuild" plan and definitely focused on that 1.01 and Barkley in '18. My 'backs are awful, but to me, are the only missing link on my team for a big 2018 rebound with three picks in the first two rounds.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm It's where I've burned myself on busts like Yeldon in the past.

Typical draft madness... truth is sometimes you go for your guy, sometimes you hit, sometimes you bust hard.

I want to say that these two guys (and Hunt) have taught me to ignore a bad or incomplete combine sometimes. The real question is... which times? There's no discernible pattern - especially with RBs. Instead... chaos. Unfortunately, it's starting to feel like the more I analyze these guys, the less I learn about who the best one is to draft.
The thing is, you never know if you're getting Trent Richardson or Melvin Gordon. Dalvin Cook or TJ Yeldon. That's why it's the smart move (in my opinion) to stay away from RB's of that caliber for that amount of draft capital. I mean Melvin Gordon really isn't all that different from Trent Richardson. The only difference I see is that the Chargers are sticking with Gordon (probably b/c they can't find anyone stupid enough to trade a 1st for him) and the Browns were able to bail on Trent. Similar yards, td's, efficiency. There's just so much randomness that we can't account for. You have to trust whatever process you think makes sense and stick to it. You're going to have hits and misses, that's just the nature of the game. In the end you just need to keep taking high percentage shots in order to hit more than the average dynasty player and miss less than the average dynasty player and you'll be successful.

Back to Barkley, he sure does look good. He looks how everyone described what Dalvin Cook looked like.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm As for Fournette, Richardson comes to mind - another one of my epic RB draft bust picks in the early or mid-1st. They're force feeding him on one of the historically worst teams/franchises in the league captained by a bad, or at best, Jekyll and Hyde QB. Maybe he doesn't suddenly start to suck after a good rookie year like Richardson - if he does, it'd be because of his history of lower body injuries - but unlike Cook, I'm not as upset about missing here. Risk just seems significantly higher compared to Cook.
Wait, what? You're quitting on Fournette after 3 games. 2 of which he looked pretty good and in the 3rd they didn't need him? Geeze people get so impatient once the regular season starts?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Draft talent. That's why I took fournette and cook 1,2 in May. Saquan could legit be the number one pick next year. Cody Rosen is my number one qb. Only time will tell who gets the number one pick, but if Cleveland does, saquan will go number one.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm As for Fournette, Richardson comes to mind - another one of my epic RB draft bust picks in the early or mid-1st. They're force feeding him on one of the historically worst teams/franchises in the league captained by a bad, or at best, Jekyll and Hyde QB. Maybe he doesn't suddenly start to suck after a good rookie year like Richardson - if he does, it'd be because of his history of lower body injuries - but unlike Cook, I'm not as upset about missing here. Risk just seems significantly higher compared to Cook.
Wait, what? You're quitting on Fournette after 3 games. 2 of which he looked pretty good and in the 3rd they didn't need him? Geeze people get so impatient once the regular season starts?
I'll assume he hasn't watched the full Jags games after that comment, because stats aside, Fournette has looked like he best rookie RB on tape to me so far this season. The others just have far better situations right now and it's leading to fantasy production/hype.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm It's where I've burned myself on busts like Yeldon in the past.

Typical draft madness... truth is sometimes you go for your guy, sometimes you hit, sometimes you bust hard.

The thing is, you never know if you're getting Trent Richardson or Melvin Gordon. Dalvin Cook or TJ Yeldon. That's why it's the smart move (in my opinion) to stay away from RB's of that caliber for that amount of draft capital. I mean Melvin Gordon really isn't all that different from Trent Richardson. The only difference I see is that the Chargers are sticking with Gordon (probably b/c they can't find anyone stupid enough to trade a 1st for him) and the Browns were able to bail on Trent. Similar yards, td's, efficiency. There's just so much randomness that we can't account for. You have to trust whatever process you think makes sense and stick to it. You're going to have hits and misses, that's just the nature of the game. In the end you just need to keep taking high percentage shots in order to hit more than the average dynasty player and miss less than the average dynasty player and you'll be successful.

Back to Barkley, he sure does look good. He looks how everyone described what Dalvin Cook looked like.
I'll take the opposite approach here. Moving up to draft a RB is usually cheaper than trying to acquire a stud RB (at least in my league) so it's worth it for me to move up and take chances on guys. Sure, I've missed on Ryan Mathews and Gio to some extent, but I seem to have hit on Gurley and hopefully do on Mixon. The goal is to always solidify the rest of your team with talent at QB/WR and then have that RB be the last 1 or 2 pieces to build a juggernaut.

It takes foresight and some luck to accomplish, but trading for picks a year before can put you in a favorable spot, as well as trading guys at their peaks before the fall.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely