Bears Sleeper? Tanner Gentry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Bears Sleeper? Tanner Gentry

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 am

With Meredith going down, who's going to step up? I had roster space so I'm taking a flyer on Tanner Gentry. Someone has to step up. Funny thing is, Meredith was in his same position 2 years ago as a UDFA with the Bears. I like the fact that Trubinksy loves the guy too. If you have deep rosters like me and can stash him on practice squad, why not. To me, this is the best part of fantasy. Finding the deep diamonds. who knows!! Check out this article that turned me on to him. He also had a beautiful 45 yard touchdown catch from Trubinsky the last Bears game.

http://www.dynastynerds.com/dark-horse-tanner-gentry/
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bears Sleeper? Tanner Gentry

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am

I picked him up in a couple leagues myself, actually before the Meredith injury. Buzz out Bears camp had been he's blowing things up for a while now. Total long shot but with Meredith going down, an already weak depth chart he would have to climb just got weaker. The only problem I'm facing is with roster crunch time coming, I'm probably going to have trouble holding him. So I worry that if I drop him, and then he does well, it will be more of a race to pick him up than I would like since I've raised awareness of him in my league by picking him up and someone will try to beat me to him.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:07 am

Yeah I had been trying to land him and Keelan Cole in all my leagues.
I think Gentry has solid WR2 possibilities when he finally gets some playing time. Would imagine he starts off as the WR5/6 for the Bears and plays some ST but fills in when the Bears see Wheaton isn't that good
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 am

Just stashed him on my team - but will probably have to cut him at the weekend. Or hide him in the Taxi and cut jalen Richard instead. eminently possible
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 am

I've been talking this guy up since April. Even with Meredith on the team, I thought he would get the no.2 spot. It's just going to take time
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 pm

Anything's possible at this point. The Bears have over 260 targets from 2016 unaccounted for and their most talented WR has only played 4 games in two seasons. It's likely an offense to avoid outside of Jordan Howard, but I think Kendall Wright and Zach Miller are smart adds right now.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am I picked him up in a couple leagues myself, actually before the Meredith injury. Buzz out Bears camp had been he's blowing things up for a while now. Total long shot but with Meredith going down, an already weak depth chart he would have to climb just got weaker. The only problem I'm facing is with roster crunch time coming, I'm probably going to have trouble holding him. So I worry that if I drop him, and then he does well, it will be more of a race to pick him up than I would like since I've raised awareness of him in my league by picking him up and someone will try to beat me to him.
Yes, but these are the choices we make, I think CHI is going to be a tough physical team this year .. I really thought they were the more physical team by far when they played TEN .. think CHI is going to surprise some people, but they are not a offensive powerhouse, I suspect most games will be relatively low scoring affairs, so even if Gentry does extremely well, what will his ceiling really be??
@PlankMelody

dpham503
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dpham503 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:38 am

Looks like he just got waived from the Bears.
12-Team, Full PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SF
QB: Winston, Tannehill, Brady, K. Allen, RG3, Manning
RB: Gordon, Conner, Guice, Laird, M. Davis, J. Williams, B. Scott, Henderson, McCoy, D. Lewis
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Edelman, Tate, Slayton, Samuel, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, J. Smith, Graham
Taxi: Stidham, Willis

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:51 am

The buzz on twitter is that he lost out to Titus Davis. Who is apparently Corey Davis' older brother. And has interesting college DR and breakout metrics, but went undrafted in 2015, got cut four times by three teams in '15 and '16, and nearly quit football. Hmm.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 am

I almost drafted Gentry as a sleeper pick in the 6th round of my rookie draft. Then I saw the news. Shocking to be honest.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 am

...and the Bears cut him. Wonder if he makes it to their practice squad
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

I'm sure he will if he clears waivers, he really does have good size
@PlankMelody

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:59 am

Some team will take a shot on him. Don't think he clears and ends up on practice squad.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:24 am

I'm guessing he will clear waivers. He really only had one standout play all preseason, the long TD catch in the 4th quarter vs Tennessee. Much of his buzz the last week or so was due to the perceived opportunity on Chicago's WR depth-chart with Meredith now out, not because Gentry's play itself was particularly eye-opening.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:03 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:24 am I'm guessing he will clear waivers. He really only had one standout play all preseason, the long TD catch in the 4th quarter vs Tennessee. Much of his buzz the last week or so was due to the perceived opportunity on Chicago's WR depth-chart with Meredith now out, not because Gentry's play itself was particularly eye-opening.
I'd been hearing buzz all training camp about his connection with Trubisky. I don't think the last game was when it started. The situation in Chicago has been what's helping boost the buzz though. We wouldn't be as excited about him in Green Bay.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5