Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Fournette to Jags

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 pm

lol a convo about Fournette to the Jags turns into a discussion on how good of a team the Jets are
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Just crazy to me that you count out Fournette to the Jets or Jaguars when it's an obvious increase. RB play was decent with a completely atrocious QB play. And yes Josh McCown is an obvious upgrade from last years sickening QB play. Don't nitpick so hard. I guess I'm more of an optimist than most. And it's worked wonderfully for me thus far. Don't misconstrue a fact with an opinion.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:03 pm
CK_ wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:58 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am
The Jets are bad. That's not an opinion. It's a fact that they are a bad team & situation right now.

You can argue that they are a good organization/franchise, and better times are ahead, but the fact is they have no quarterback assets, a very thin WR cupboard, no TEs, atrocious secondary, a LB room that is inconsistent at best, & 1 of the more talented D-lineman in the league who can't keep his head straight.

Leo Williams & Mo Wilkerson (when he's right) are wonderful cornerstones, but that's it.
Woah woah woah. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The mass opinion maybe within the fantasy football community is that they are bad but let's be real.... That is 100% opinion that is definitely not a fact. Atleast understand statistics before spouting off opinions as truths. They were bad last year because their QB nosedived hard, smart guy that just wanted that one last paycheck.

Stat lines Offense: 30th in points, 26th in total yards, 27th in pass yards, 12th in rushing which easily could be better with a QB that can stay propped up and having McCown do that for a year is not out of the question at all.

Stat lines defense: pts 28th, yards allowed 11th, pass yards allowed 17th, and rush yards allowed 11th. All more fixable then people may think.

But at the end of the day what do I know, 3 years as an analyst and 2 years with NFL front offices and Scouts. Darn my bad.
When I stated that the Jets are a bad team right now, it had nothing to do with fantasy. I'm referring to the NY Jets, the real football team. They are a bad team. What exactly is your argument against that? I mean, I realize that "bad" is a relative term, sure. They are severely below average as a football team. They are above average in ONE respect, and that's the D-line.

My issue is short term memory loss when it's comes to watching Football in general. You can't say that as a fact cause it isn't. Certain teams are a small piece away from being something. Look at Dallas and Tennessee last year? Both great examples of the tiny pieces you need to completely turn around your season. I know people write off Tennessee last year and I specifically ate that up. I missed on a projection for them to go to the playoffs but I knew 100% they would a be a top 5 OLine and that Demarco would be a great RB. Just don't write something as a fact if it's a strong opinion you may have. Be open minded, it's part of the joy and the game of football.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm

CK, I do hear what you're saying but Tennessee had one HUGE thing that the Jets don't: a QB. Dallas has had a comically-good O-line the past couple years.

The Jets are still major pieces away from being a good team. Maybe they finally draft a decent QB, who knows. Maybe Sheldon matures and becomes an adult. Maybe Pryor can be a 3-down safety. Maybe they draft Fournette in the 1st & then Dawkins or Moton in the 2nd, and the O-line takes a big step forward. Those are all legitimate possibilities, but unless 2-3 of them come to fruition, I'll take the under on NYJ winning 7.5 games this year.

Btw I'm not trying to be snarky or anything. I'm digging my heels in the dirt, on a silly online argument, because I'm freaking waiting impatiently for Thursday!!!!!! :biggrin:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anybody worried about Fournette?

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 pm

If you think Fournette's foot is going to be a long-term problem, then maybe. If not, draft him at 1.01.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm

His current foot injury is someone stepped on his feet in practice and they are holding him out as a precaution.
If your worried long term I can understand, but if your citing his most recent injury, no worries.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 pm

HawkeyeState wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm His current foot injury is someone stepped on his feet in practice and they are holding him out as a precaution.
If your worried long term I can understand, but if your citing his most recent injury, no worries.
Where did you see this? The news has sounded a bit more nebulous to me. The coach is being precautionary and said “It’s been something that has been growing,” head coach Doug Marrone told reporters following Sunday’s practice. “It’s just one of those nagging things. The other day, it was sore, so we said, ‘Hey, let’s not take any chances. Let’s take cautionary measures so it doesn’t turn out to be something worse.’” (247sports)

I'm not worried, but I'm growing cautious given the issues he had with the same foot in college.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Has to at least be concerning. You often don't know something is an issue until its become an obvious issue...and if you aren't healthy and available, you're not helpful. Talent-wise he's a 1.01 player. Tough to forecast injury though. Good and bad is that other top of class of rookies at least make passing slightly less painful...but also make the decision much more difficult.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

My gut tells me they are just beinf overly overly cautious with their investment. He is anhuge part of their future plans and havinf him get hurt in the preseason or aggravate a minor injury/turn into into major would crush their offense even more than bortles has. If thats even possible. Definitely a slight bit concerning and my biggest fear with him has been the ankle and lower leg injuries big backs like him are exposed to when guus cannot tackle them high and take out thier legs more often. I keep envisioing Gronk type tackle attempts against him.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 pm

I did hear, I believe during the broadcast of their last game, that someone had stepped on his foot in practice.

That, in and of itself, is nothing to worry about long-term. But it is a little concerning that it's his bad foot that has hampered him in the past, and that someone stepping on it is going to cause him to miss 2 - 3 weeks (even if it's precautionary).
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm

He says it's his toe.

So hypothetically, who else would you consider at 1.01 that would make you feel safer?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 am

biggest worry is jax plays on an ancient indian burial ground and all their players are cursed to torment fantasy owners in perpetuity .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 am biggest worry is jax plays on an ancient indian burial ground and all their players are cursed to torment fantasy owners in perpetuity .
agree

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:25 am

My biggest worry is that defenders will have 12 in the box :)

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:00 am

Why aren't you considering Corey Davis?